forum

[Archived] Map files corrupt?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kingdookoo921
Problem Details:So, I've gotten this problem now twice in a 2 week period about my osu map files being corrupt. Its annoying and it makes me lose my replays so what is going on? Can anyone help me here? I've heard that it happens when you shut your PC off and osu is running, but i havent done that at all.
amax
Hey!

If it makes you feel better I have that same problem. My laptop crashed a ton of times while i was playing osu and one day they all got corrupt after I processed all of them. I didn't see much I could do, other than manually reinstalling all of them.

Hopefully someone that knows more about me regarding this issue can reply and find a solution for both of us. :)
Lacrimosa
Is it only your replays that are missing, or is it your beatmaps as well?

If the first is the case, open your osu! folder, search for the scores.db file and move it out of the folder. If your beatmaps are missing as well, in the osu! folder again, move the osu!.db out. Do that while osu! is closed, though.

Also, try running the game as admin.
Topic Starter
Kingdookoo921
Sorry about this long delay. Large fire in my town has had me worried, so I had totally forgotten about this post. It seems to have been fine, after it did it twice, so I dunno what exactly happened, but it hasn't really happened since. So I dont know what was really wrong with it tbh.