forum

[Archived] osu too hard?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Straighty_old
Problem Details:
Hello, I have a problem with osu, I cannot play it because it is really hard even on normal difficulty,
there is just too many things to do at the same time which I cannot do.
Is there something I'm doing wrong?

osu! version: 20170616.1 (latest)
Flanster
No, absolutely not. You are new to the game and will take time for you to get used to the overall feeling.
Don't worry, as you keep playing you'll get the hang of it!
Sandy Hoey
You are not doing anything wrong, you are just not good enough yet to play those levels. This game is difficult. Slow down, play some easier maps, build your reading, aiming, and clicking skills for different patterns and situations. Eventually, you will find that these maps that you are playing now are not as hard as you think

You made your account 20 minutes ago, not quite sure what you expected...
amax

Straighty wrote:

Problem Details:
Hello, I have a problem with osu, I cannot play it because it is really hard even on normal difficulty,
there is just too many things to do at the same time which I cannot do.
Is there something I'm doing wrong?

osu! version: 20170616.1 (latest)
Hi! As everyone else has, I've noticed you are new to this game!

Osu! is a rhythm game based around clicking circles to the beat of a song. The timing and consistency of your clicks gain you higher scores. However, much like any other game, there are learning curves that players must overcome to improve and advance to the next difficulty. In your case, you are somewhere on the easy level. No shame! The best players in the game all started there! My tip to you is play a ton of easy maps until you get so used to it, it becomes really simple to you and barely is a challenge. At this point you move on to Normal. Here you learn more complex patterns and timing intervals. To improve at this point, you do the same thing you did trying to learn easy, play the heck out of Normal till you know how to play it.

Do not expect osu to give you the skills to get good in a day, but please do give it a chance and take your time! It will take many months and potentislly years before you get really really good, but it's a fun journey!
cocovali1
You will get used to it with time don't worry you are just new
Death

cocovali1 wrote:

You will get used to it with time don't worry you are just new

This thread is 2 years old...