forum

[Archived] osu! Lags Whenever OBS Game Capture Detects it

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dingus
Problem Details: osu! gets 20-29 fps whenever OBS is running with a osu! Game Capture source. This does not apply whenever I am in windowed mode, but I really don't want to use windowed. It occurs even whenever I'm not actually streaming yet. The lag begins as soon as the preview on OBS shows osu!Disabling preview does not fix the problem. This issue has only started happening recently and the issue isn't anything really hardware related since my computer is more than capable of streaming osu! This does not happen with any other game that I try to stream.

Event Order of Problem:

1. osu! opens fine, FPS is normal (240+)
2. OBS detects osu! as a Game Capture source
3. FPS drops to 20-29 until I restart the game

osu! version: 20170524cuttingedge and stable (both have the same issue)
Furrious

Dingus wrote:

Problem Details: osu! gets 20-29 fps whenever OBS is running with a osu! Game Capture source. This does not apply whenever I am in windowed mode, but I really don't want to use windowed. It occurs even whenever I'm not actually streaming yet. The lag begins as soon as the preview on OBS shows osu! Disabling preview does not fix the problem. This issue has only started happening recently and the issue isn't anything really hardware related since my computer is more than capable of streaming osu! This does not happen with any other game that I try to stream.

Event Order of Problem:

1. osu! opens fine, FPS is normal (240+)
2. OBS detects osu! as a Game Capture source
3. FPS drops to 20-29 until I restart the game

osu! version: 20170524cuttingedge and stable (both have the same issue)
Change the OBS video capture FPS to a higher number. OBS defaults to 25 or 30. Try setting OBS to 60, or the FPS you desire to capture.
This is why your osu! is dropping back down to 20-29.
Topic Starter
Dingus
That actually isn't it, my FPS is set at 60. This issue is still occurring even with the latest update of OBS Studio as of today.
Venix
Make sure you've all settings the same with older version.
Topic Starter
Dingus
It kind of happened out of random, I didn't change any settings and it worked fine the day before the issue started to occur.
Topic Starter
Dingus
bumpo
Kao
Try to do these things as they helped me reduce the lag
  1. Turn off windows Aero
  2. Lower your resolution
  3. Set osu! To run with your GPU in your settings
And if I remember correctly, when recording with osu! In fullscreen, the recorded file is just black. You'd have to use windowed mode if that's the case.
Topic Starter
Dingus
Thanks for the tips but my computer is more than capable of handling osu.
Reluf
i have the same problem, and its really annoying, i also tried OBS Classic as well as OBS Studio and its only when the game captures. I'm not too familiar with other streaming applications though.
Topic Starter
Dingus
Using fallback version fixes this issue. Using any other version of osu! in conjunction with OBS causes my fps to drop to ~35. But who wants to play on fallback :/
Reluf
i dont understand, how do others stream the updated version then?
Kon
Playing on compatibility mode will fix it, but there will be more input lag (barely noticeable unless you play high ar / bpm stuff). Also try reverting your video drivers back a bit.

edit: I reverted back to http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/114351 and it fixed the lag issues with OBS, hope this helps.
Reluf
when i use compatibility mode it doesnt feel like a 144hz refresh rate, it makes the game much less enjoyable
S0LoganWulfe
Is this OBS regular or Studio? cause studio doesn't seem to have any issues that I've seen
Reluf
It's both obs classic and obs studio, you can run the program but as soon as the game captures in the preview it drops to 30 fps, even if you disable the preview that wont work.
-birb

Kon wrote:

Playing on compatibility mode will fix it, but there will be more input lag (barely noticeable unless you play high ar / bpm stuff). Also try reverting your video drivers back a bit.

edit: I reverted back to http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/114351 and it fixed the lag issues with OBS, hope this helps.
real reason is game overlay from geforce experience. i just turned it off and now it works perfectly
snz
the last post is 5 months old.

please don't bump old, marked threads.
CactusPie
Bumping since I have same issue >:c
Death
Make a new thread.