forum

Can't connect to bancho [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sakura

TheVileOne wrote:

It's probably not an anti-virus problem. If it were, your antivirus would tell you if it blocked a suspicious connection usually.

It might be a problem with your ISP. If that is the case, then the tracert will not reach its destination. If the tracert doesn't get past your router/modem, then we'll know its that.
it did reach cho.ppy.sh tho, or at least it's network, mine does the same thing, and times out on 15+ but i still connect to bancho fine, i'm more worried about the 2 timeouts at the first 2 hops
TheVileOne
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... 97437.aspx

Download this and post the packet state of osu! when it tries to connect with Bancho. Is it stuck on SYN_SENT?
Topic Starter
DJ Angel

Sakura wrote:

TheVileOne wrote:

It's probably not an anti-virus problem. If it were, your antivirus would tell you if it blocked a suspicious connection usually.

It might be a problem with your ISP. If that is the case, then the tracert will not reach its destination. If the tracert doesn't get past your router/modem, then we'll know its that.
it did reach cho.ppy.sh tho, or at least it's network, mine does the same thing, and times out on 15+ but i still connect to bancho fine, i'm more worried about the 2 timeouts at the first 2 hops
There's no reason to be a ISP problem, since everything else works just right.

You really don't need to worry about those 2 timeouts, before I created this thread I tried a tracert and it only timed out at 15+, unfortunantly I didn't took screenshot, I tried now again and the 1st was the only that didn't worked.

TheVileOne wrote:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897437.aspx

Download this and post the packet state of osu! when it tries to connect with Bancho. Is it stuck on SYN_SENT?

No, not at all, it didn't got stuck, he created a ESTABLISHED one then another one on CLOSE_WAIT as you can see here
TheVileOne
That doesn't look right to me. Why is your computer trying to connect to Bancho using two local ports? What happens if you try to end process the one under the Close_Wait state?
Topic Starter
DJ Angel
it actually does make sense - every 30 seconds osu! retrys a new connection. The second only appears after 30 seconds.
peppy
This is an interesting one because it keeps coming up. DJ Angel: are you able to connect via IRC on port 6667 to cho.ppy.sh? If you can get on, pm me (peppy) and we'll go through things in detail.
Slow-ru
yep, same things with me too :C
[BlinK]

Slow-ru wrote:

No its not the same for you, The issue you have Slow-ru, everyone has, bancho is down atm.

t/121406 < Your issue.

DJ Angel has a different issue
Slow-ru

[BlinK] wrote:

Slow-ru wrote:

No its not the same for you, The issue you have Slow-ru, everyone has, bancho is down atm.

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/121406 < Your issue.

DJ Angel has a different issue
Yep, I guess, you right :c
Topic Starter
DJ Angel

peppy wrote:

This is an interesting one because it keeps coming up. DJ Angel: are you able to connect via IRC on port 6667 to cho.ppy.sh? If you can get on, pm me (peppy) and we'll go through things in detail.
oh. that was unexpected.
I am able to connect via IRC, actually, I have been there all the time. Thought you wouldn't reply my messages.
I will message you asap.
Topic Starter
DJ Angel
Could peppy contact me on irc?
Have been trying to message him but getting no reply.
MillhioreF
If he doesn't reply, chances are he's asleep and/or doesn't recognize you. Make sure he knows he asked you to contact him, and preferably try to do it at a reasonable hour according to his timezone (generally GMT+9 or GMT+10)
Topic Starter
DJ Angel

MillhioreF wrote:

If he doesn't reply, chances are he's asleep and/or doesn't recognize you. Make sure he knows he asked you to contact him, and preferably try to do it at a reasonable hour according to his timezone (generally GMT+9 or GMT+10)
Could talk to him twice with help of Sakura, can't get in touch since yesterday tho

Can you pm me today, peppy? I will be online on irc until 6 a.m GMT, probably.
Topic Starter
DJ Angel
Problem solved. For those who has or will have the same problem, I solved it by uninstalling Eset, Speedbit Video Accelerator and Dropbox
deadbeat

DJ Angel wrote:

Problem solved. For those who has or will have the same problem, I solved it by uninstalling Eset, Speedbit Video Accelerator and Dropbox
oh wow what D:
that's a very...odd fix
Topic Starter
DJ Angel

deadbeat wrote:

DJ Angel wrote:

oh wow what D:
that's a very...odd fix
not that odd, Eset is a antivirus so it have the rights to block any connection, even thought everything related to osu! was whitelisted, Dropbox probably didn't had any impact on it, but, who knows? and Speedbit Video Accelerator because it seems that from a recent update, it started to emulate the proxy to speed up youtube videos, maybe it conflicted with osu!? I don't really know, since every other thing/game worked just fine.
theowest
this guy solved his problem by doing the same thing
p/2189122

Merengil wrote:

I had a pretty big problem with Osu!, and I've just solved it, so I think imma post my solution right here :)
It's really a wonderful game and I can soooo understand people who are missing it : o

Thing is, Osu! has trouble connecting because of Speedbit Video Accelerator, that I had to uninstall to make it work. Be careful though, you must do a "custom" uninstallation, and not an "automatic" one. Then on each dialog that appears, you have to click "Select all" and then go to the next step with "Next".

Hope this helps :)
so it's a more common fix than we might think
Topic Starter
DJ Angel
maybe people should be advised about Speedbit Video Accelerator connection related problems that it may cause on the t/39784&start=0 main page?

actually, anything that emulates the proxy.
chokawaii_old

why i cant connect to bacho '-'
[ R E N ]
I can't connect to bancho no matter how hard i try PLZ HELP! :(
Ottoise
Am i having the same problem?

so i install a brand new osu! client on my usb drive since my PC broke
after i install the client and run it, it connect to bancho no problem
so i finished playing i disconnect the usb drive.

the next day i want to play again, it cannot connect to bancho.
it doesn't said connection error or something, it just spinning.

pls help :)
Dntm8kmeeatu

Owenstar123 wrote:

Am i having the same problem?

so i install a brand new osu! client on my usb drive since my PC broke
after i install the client and run it, it connect to bancho no problem
so i finished playing i disconnect the usb drive.

the next day i want to play again, it cannot connect to bancho.
it doesn't said connection error or something, it just spinning.

pls help :)
Make a new thread instead of bumping a 4 year old resolved one ;-;
Jakey-kun
Try doing this in cmd

ipconfig /flushdns

It worked for me
Death
This thread is 5 years old.