forum

kensuke ushio - lit(var)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Smokeman
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Samstag, 13. Januar 2018 at 19:42:14

Artist: kensuke ushio
Title: lit(var)
Source: 聲の形
Tags: koe no katachi the shape of voice a silent voice a shape of light piano ost litvar Jakomo73
BPM: 70
Filesize: 7771kb
Play Time: 02:00
Difficulties Available:
  1. glimmer (1,44 stars, 115 notes)
  2. light (2,97 stars, 150 notes)
  3. sparkle (1,92 stars, 133 notes)
Download: kensuke ushio - lit(var)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

...to help me live

~please check out the storyboard aswell~
Garden | Naotoshi | Jakomo

metadata
Sidetail
[general]
- not sure if you can use custom diff names on any other diffs than hardest diff. ranking criteria only suggests that diff names has to be consistent, meaning you can customize how it looks depending on the song but can't use different name. I.E.: If title name is MONSTER (this has all capitalized letters) you can name diffs EASY, NORMAL, HARD, INSANE, etc. Or something like https://osu.ppy.sh/s/470977 well do as well cuz it is consistent with the title of the song.

- your mp3's bitrate is too high for ranking. lower it to 192 or 128kbps. this might change the offset of the map (you have to restart osu to take an effect of new mp3 in map folder), so ask anyone who are good with converting & editing mp3.

[spark]
check AiMod (ctrl+shift+a) - there are few unsnapped objects. (and perhaps check the distance snap too)
00:01:879 (3,1) - since this is a lower diff, i suggest you to make slider path as clean as possible meaning no major overlaps (cover ups) for next object. Just put on the end of the slider instead just like 00:04:450 (3,1) -
00:07:022 (3,4) - use the slider here just like previous parts for consistency. i prefer consistency over variety on lower diffs as new players can't read as well. plus circle #3 doesn't work really well there cuz tone is still going
00:12:164 (3,4) - ^
00:14:736 (3,4) - ^ (etc)
00:07:879 (1,2) - I sort of prefer to have that circle removed and have reverse on the slider instead for sake of lower diffs been easier
00:17:306 (3,1) - fix distance cuz you never used space like this before and it is confusing on lower diffs. please fix. you should really be following distance-time match for diffs like this.
00:45:328 - Err... please fix the slider velocity here since 70bpm(x0.8) -> 95bpm(x1.20) is bit too sudden. i know you want to emphasize this part with new sv but save that for higher diff since simplicity is a key for this diff
00:48:485 (3) - If you really want to make this diff "harder" you should rather use 00:50:380 (3,4) - for entire kiai since going back and forth between these are like mixing rhythms of non-kiai and kiai. you should pick easier version on non-kiai (slider version) and perhaps two clickables one for kiai
01:23:222 (1) - really no point of stacking here. unstack as i dont see any stack would emphasize anything there
01:26:696 (4,1) - current looks bit iffy in terms of distance. use distance that you used for 1/4 rhythms like 01:19:117 (4,1) - . its just weird that you do full-stack on first 1/4 rhyhtm and you do barely full-stack on next one.
01:28:906 (2,1) - ^
01:34:275 (4,1) - ^
01:41:854 (1,2) - why does this have different spacing with 01:39:959 (2,3) - . there is really no stacking emphasis needed there.

[light]
00:01:879 (3,4) - it's bit ugly when you do barely full-stack like this. either you stack or complete half-stack.
00:04:450 (3,4) - ^ (etc, find and fix others if you fixed these)
00:17:307 (3,4,1) - assuming this diff is an equivalent to "advanced" diff. you don't really want to do this. i would just half the spacing between 4 and next object so that there is more hint of next object being closer in terms of timeline
00:28:450 (4) - forgot NC?
00:38:736 (4,1,2) - NC has gone weird here. judging by the NC pattern you use, you NC on downbeat (biggest white tick), add NC at #4, remove NC at 00:40:450 (1) - and add NC at 00:41:307 (2) -
01:19:433 (5) - nc
01:25:117 (2) - ^
01:27:012 (5) - ^ (etc)
I would say you should go over non-kiai parts and fix the NC stuff especially one after kiai
01:38:380 (1,2) - if you stacked before like 01:34:591 (1,2) - , it makes sense to stack again like that unless song is really different or sth. just switch 2 and 3 in timeline and move 4 over 3.

would like to see more consistency with this map, but overall its quite decent. good luck
Topic Starter
Smokeman

Sidetail wrote:

[general]
- not sure if you can use custom diff names on any other diffs than hardest diff. ranking criteria only suggests that diff names has to be consistent, meaning you can customize how it looks depending on the song but can't use different name. I.E.: If title name is MONSTER (this has all capitalized letters) you can name diffs EASY, NORMAL, HARD, INSANE, etc. Or something like https://osu.ppy.sh/s/470977 well do as well cuz it is consistent with the title of the song.

- your mp3's bitrate is too high for ranking. lower it to 192 or 128kbps. this might change the offset of the map (you have to restart osu to take an effect of new mp3 in map folder), so ask anyone who are good with converting & editing mp3.

should get the mp3 done, but i think the diffs are cool and it would make me sad if people were against this naming :C

[spark]
check AiMod (ctrl+shift+a) - there are few unsnapped objects. (and perhaps check the distance snap too) thats wierd.. i could swear i checked those ugh..
00:01:879 (3,1) - since this is a lower diff, i suggest you to make slider path as clean as possible meaning no major overlaps (cover ups) for next object. Just put on the end of the slider instead just like 00:04:450 (3,1) - i like it tbh
00:07:022 (3,4) - use the slider here just like previous parts for consistency. i prefer consistency over variety on lower diffs as new players can't read as well. plus circle #3 doesn't work really well there cuz tone is still going although this is a lower dif, i dont think keeping consistency this riggid. I mean... i could just repeat the same rythm 4 times and call it a day but i decided to be a little bit more diverse.. so yeah
00:12:164 (3,4) - ^
00:14:736 (3,4) - ^ (etc)
00:07:879 (1,2) - I sort of prefer to have that circle removed and have reverse on the slider instead for sake of lower diffs been easier the gap is so huge timing-wise... Mapping a repeat would imply that there is a held sound of the whole duration which is not :/
00:17:306 (3,1) - fix distance cuz you never used space like this before and it is confusing on lower diffs. please fix. you should really be following distance-time match for diffs like this. this is the first time i have a 1/4 note in here (which is like a 1/2 note since its half bpm) It is a low dif, but it aint no easy.. I need a way to show that this is infact a 1/4 gap which differs from all the others
00:45:328 - Err... please fix the slider velocity here since 70bpm(x0.8) -> 95bpm(x1.20) is bit too sudden. i know you want to emphasize this part with new sv but save that for higher diff since simplicity is a key for this diff The higher dif has a 1.5 multiplier, so this is allready calculated down. if you look exactly the 1/2 sliders are about 30% visualy longer than the 1/1 from the earlier parts, which i think is fitting since the contrast between the two parts is very dramatic
00:48:485 (3) - If you really want to make this diff "harder" you should rather use 00:50:380 (3,4) - for entire kiai since going back and forth between these are like mixing rhythms of non-kiai and kiai. you should pick easier version on non-kiai (slider version) and perhaps two clickables one for kiai i prefere rythm variety. In the kiai i repeated the same pattern four times so its pertty consistent. Infact the 1/4 rythm has been introduced the slower part earlier
01:23:222 (1) - really no point of stacking here. unstack as i dont see any stack would emphasize anything there thats exactly why i stacked it. There is barely anything worth emphasising ;)
01:26:696 (4,1) - current looks bit iffy in terms of distance. use distance that you used for 1/4 rhythms like 01:19:117 (4,1) - . its just weird that you do full-stack on first 1/4 rhyhtm and you do barely full-stack on next one. enable stacking in editor and you'll see why this looks the way it does lol
01:28:906 (2,1) - ^
01:34:275 (4,1) - ^
01:41:854 (1,2) - why does this have different spacing with 01:39:959 (2,3) - . there is really no stacking emphasis needed there. same as above

[light]
00:01:879 (3,4) - it's bit ugly when you do barely full-stack like this. either you stack or complete half-stack. different aesthetic senseablities i guess...
00:04:450 (3,4) - ^ (etc, find and fix others if you fixed these) This rythm has been introduced like before in this map with those wierd stacks you pointed out up till now. infact 00:12:164 (3,4,1) - 00:14:736 (3,4,1) -
00:17:307 (3,4,1) - assuming this diff is an equivalent to "advanced" diff. you don't really want to do this. i would just half the spacing between 4 and next object so that there is more hint of next object being closer in terms of timeline This rythm has been introduced like before in this map with those wierd stacks you pointed out up till now. infact 00:12:164 (3,4,1) - 00:14:736 (3,4,1) -
00:28:450 (4) - forgot NC? NCs are following the piano note groupings which i find more intuitive than just upbeat NCing
00:38:736 (4,1,2) - NC has gone weird here. judging by the NC pattern you use, you NC on downbeat (biggest white tick), add NC at #4, remove NC at 00:40:450 (1) - and add NC at 00:41:307 (2) - see above for reasoning
01:19:433 (5) - nc
01:25:117 (2) - ^
01:27:012 (5) - ^ (etc)
I would say you should go over non-kiai parts and fix the NC stuff especially one after kiai
01:38:380 (1,2) - if you stacked before like 01:34:591 (1,2) - , it makes sense to stack again like that unless song is really different or sth. just switch 2 and 3 in timeline and move 4 over 3. those are different sounds, i dont see why you would do that :/

the first dif is more of a Hard map on a low BPM and the second one a light Insane on low BPM. Could argue that mapping a <1.5 sr diff would make the set more intuitive to read, but i would have some problems trying to make an even easier diff in accordance to these two existing ones. Will concider it since i didnt have a fair attempt on one yet

would like to see more consistency with this map, but overall its quite decent. good luck I appreciate the kind words, although i think mapping it more consistently would make this just to boring and uninteresting map to present. Thanks for the mod!
Feb
hi there from q

cereal thing
u don't need lit in tags if you have lit in the title
also why is light in the tags if your diff is called light dansgame
im not as versatile in kanji currently, but why is 声 in tags? I know both mean koe, but I've only seen the reading for koe no katachi like 聲の形 this? Maybe you've already searced for official metadata, but yeah Im quetioning this.
combo colour 8 looks exactly like combo colour 4, make 8 a bit darker or 4 a bit brighter?
change ur audio file 192kbps pls
epilepsy, i know it doesn thave quick strobing, but just in case.
did you check with someone the timing? especially the last point seems to focus on the latter beat, but yeah that plays wanky as fuck since you always click in the map when a sound occurs, but here you wait for a different sound. People would prolly already click at 02:00:360 - or sth near this. Uhm not sure if its just the timing here or your mapping, well y.
Adding to that, im pretty sure 00:45:379 - this red point starts to late, try -10 here?
hey monstrata avatar

MA says koe.jpg, snowflake.png and snowflake_original.png are unused.

ya no clue what the diffnames have to do with the movie (yes i saw it who didn't), but i don't care lol.

licht

imo the ar is to high 7 is enough lol.
00:45:328 - unify volume level of red and greenline, you know that bug thing
01:54:473 - ^same thing

00:20:736 - maybe you couldtone down the volume level of the sliderslide exponentially so the slide is not that obnoxious. I hope new ranking criteria allows silencing both tick and slide in some cases. qq Same thing on the other sliders. Just be careful that you still hear the slide or sth.
00:31:022 - the single circle here, feels quite a bit empty yea i know you wanted to have a difference here to the others since this sound of the piano is quite deep, but here would fit a long slider until the last 1/4 tick super efficently since it would firstly seperate it from the other sounds, but also give a good representation of the long and drawn out piano sound.
00:45:328 - can you silence the slide here? The slide does not fit the music at all since there sounds combining each piano sound. So yeah...
00:49:739 - honestly I kinda dislike the snare you use here and its quite funny that i say that at all, because the song has no snares in it at all. Maybe since its some mix between a kick and piano sound I'd suggest to use some higher pitched piano hitsound?
00:38:736 - this shud be nc'd like you did before on 00:36:164 - for consistency also 00:41:307 - this
01:15:328 - how about mapping the 1/8 sounds here? Would fit quite while with the finish of the chorus. Maybe a reverse slider?
01:19:423 (1) - not sure why this isn't nc'd? The current one, just looks messy to me, but uhm you might have reason for the single nc here. also applies 01:27:002 (5) - here.

not much wrong with the pattern you use here imo, but what bugs me to most is that you use the same pattern over and over and over again and therefore have zero variety in the map making it a bit boring. You could have used some more variety in patterning. For example: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8546916 ignore the pattern here i layed down its just a about the rhythm here, but also the pattern which affects the rhythm right.
Imo it would be more exciting to play if you had let's say 2 or 3 pattern you would use consistently. This applies actually not only to the chorus but also the thing before.

finales funkeln

00:13:022 (1,2) - adjust the shape? consistency with 00:10:450 (1,2) -
00:18:164 (1) - spacing error here? 1/4's where previously spaced like 00:15:379 (4,1) - this.
00:23:307 (1) - remove the nc and add it 00:25:879 (2) - here? would make sense as a new sound starts there.
00:47:854 (2,1) - try to stack the tail underneath 2 since you seem to stack everything else in the chorus and I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be applied here.
01:23:222 (1) - not stacked correctly.
01:42:170 (1) - following the nc pattern this should be ncd and the one before removed. Unless i miss something.

"glimmerkiste"

00:15:592 (1) - not sure why you change the shape of the slider here, uhm might work well if it is used a bit more consistent. Also imo that kind of slider does only work if its a bit longer than what you have here. Right now it looks a bit to edgy on the downwards side.
01:15:012 (3) - this right now does not have any difference to 01:11:222 - this one, but it should have a difference as it has the sound on the 01:15:328 - tick here as well. So maybe do an slider here instead to represent the difference accordingly.

you did more variety stuff here so that made me ureshii

lol cereal thing was longer than actual mod :ok_hand:
teach me how to sb

good luck

my map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/634140
Topic Starter
Smokeman

Feb wrote:

hi there from q

cereal thing
u don't need lit in tags if you have lit in the title true lol
also why is light in the tags if your diff is called light dansgame :<
im not as versatile in kanji currently, but why is 声 in tags? I know both mean koe, but I've only seen the reading for koe no katachi like 聲の形 this? Maybe you've already searced for official metadata, but yeah Im quetioning this. Naah, i just thought some japanese dude might search for maps for this song an use the more common kanji or something so idunno really xD
combo colour 8 looks exactly like combo colour 4, make 8 a bit darker or 4 a bit brighter? 4 should be a bright orange and 8 a warm orange. Should make 8 warmer lol
change ur audio file 192kbps pls kms
epilepsy, i know it doesn thave quick strobing, but just in case. yeah, epilepsy is real shit yo. That 0 to 100 moment might kill someone lol
did you check with someone the timing? especially the last point seems to focus on the latter beat, but yeah that plays wanky as fuck since you always click in the map when a sound occurs, but here you wait for a different sound. People would prolly already click at 02:00:360 - or sth near this. Uhm not sure if its just the timing here or your mapping, well y. Checked with like 3 others. Some say earlier some say later, i should ask bonsai just to have that bonsai-validity on my side
Adding to that, im pretty sure 00:45:379 - this red point starts to late, try -10 here? sure, i have no fkn idea tbh xD
hey monstrata avatar o/

MA says koe.jpg, snowflake.png and snowflake_original.png are unused. i want to add a storyboard element which i failed to implement :s

ya no clue what the diffnames have to do with the movie (yes i saw it who didn't), but i don't care lol. If you check the naming of each of the song, you'll see that they are like 3 letters long each. Some are obvious short forms of english words, others not so. I think "lit" stands for "light" :>

licht

imo the ar is to high 7 is enough lol. 7 is a bit low because the climax is like WOA WOA AAAAAAA...
00:45:328 - unify volume level of red and greenline, you know that bug thing oh shit
01:54:473 - ^same thing

00:20:736 - maybe you couldtone down the volume level of the sliderslide exponentially so the slide is not that obnoxious. I hope new ranking criteria allows silencing both tick and slide in some cases. qq Same thing on the other sliders. Just be careful that you still hear the slide or sth. i will implement this
00:31:022 - the single circle here, feels quite a bit empty yea i know you wanted to have a difference here to the others since this sound of the piano is quite deep, but here would fit a long slider until the last 1/4 tick super efficently since it would firstly seperate it from the other sounds, but also give a good representation of the long and drawn out piano sound. Hmmm, that would be cool, but I do like a single note more D:
00:45:328 - can you silence the slide here? The slide does not fit the music at all since there sounds combining each piano sound. So yeah... aaah shit, i forgot to do that... nice catch!
00:49:739 - honestly I kinda dislike the snare you use here and its quite funny that i say that at all, because the song has no snares in it at all. Maybe since its some mix between a kick and piano sound I'd suggest to use some higher pitched piano hitsound? I had quite some problems finding hitsounds for something like this. I dont think hitsounding this would be what i would want to do with the map. I guess I'll keep on searching (or create) the perfect sample for a snare/kick thing :c
00:38:736 - this shud be nc'd like you did before on 00:36:164 - for consistency also 00:41:307 - this i NC'ed to get rid of follow points tbh. I know it would make sense from consistency standpoint but it just looks kinda meh and having the last combo be this BIG piano sound works aswell C:
01:15:328 - how about mapping the 1/8 sounds here? Would fit quite while with the finish of the chorus. Maybe a reverse slider? In my first draft i included a rythm like this, but i didnt test it out well enough i guess. It's a cool idea so I'll see what i can do once i get to mapping it again
01:19:423 (1) - not sure why this isn't nc'd? The current one, just looks messy to me, but uhm you might have reason for the single nc here. also applies 01:27:002 (5) - here.Its a agin more of a followpoint thing, but it does look kinda wierd when comparing :/

not much wrong with the pattern you use here imo, but what bugs me to most is that you use the same pattern over and over and over again and therefore have zero variety in the map making it a bit boring. You could have used some more variety in patterning. For example: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8546916 ignore the pattern here i layed down its just a about the rhythm here, but also the pattern which affects the rhythm right.
Imo it would be more exciting to play if you had let's say 2 or 3 pattern you would use consistently. This applies actually not only to the chorus but also the thing before.
This is my major concern with the map aswell. Mb I'll just do another diff with cooler rythms in the chorus. The beginning is cool tho so gtfo c: nobody touching muh baby (;

finales funkeln

00:13:022 (1,2) - adjust the shape? consistency with 00:10:450 (1,2) - its to show the little gimmicky d-sharp note all of a sudden
00:18:164 (1) - spacing error here? 1/4's where previously spaced like 00:15:379 (4,1) - this. yeah but it looks so wierd i just went freestyle mode :c
00:23:307 (1) - remove the nc and add it 00:25:879 (2) - here? would make sense as a new sound starts there. i had some logic underlying the NC#ing but now i am not so sure anymore...
00:47:854 (2,1) - try to stack the tail underneath 2 since you seem to stack everything else in the chorus and I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be applied here. I am gangsta mappa
01:23:222 (1) - not stacked correctly. i dont want it to auto stack but i'll see what i can do
01:42:170 (1) - following the nc pattern this should be ncd and the one before removed. Unless i miss something. yea

"glimmerkiste"

00:15:592 (1) - not sure why you change the shape of the slider here, uhm might work well if it is used a bit more consistent. Also imo that kind of slider does only work if its a bit longer than what you have here. Right now it looks a bit to edgy on the downwards side. i wanted to be a little bit cool by using 2 bésier :I
01:15:012 (3) - this right now does not have any difference to 01:11:222 - this one, but it should have a difference as it has the sound on the 01:15:328 - tick here as well. So maybe do an slider here instead to represent the difference accordingly. i hope i can come up with something which doesnt make it too dense

you did more variety stuff here so that made me ureshii my haato goes dokidoki

lol cereal thing was longer than actual mod :ok_hand: ayyyy
teach me how to sb wait in line like the rest of them B)

good luck :3c

my map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/634140 thats not anime
will updoot and finish modding back some time tomorrow
thank for mott
Deppyforce
hi from q about a month ago

[gen]

dat bg loks kinda b a d if u listen to the song i think this one would fit better as map bg https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8639346
02:00:527 (2) - idk wat u think but imo if u nc this note so dat follow point doesnt appear the map will look much smoother (all diff

[glimmer]
00:15:592 (1) - heelo this is out of place mak emore of these throughtou map so it counts as consistent
00:20:735 (4) - try stack under 00:19:021 (2) - instead flow change emphasize dat whistle better imo
00:41:306 (3) - i nazi but place this at x 256 so its at middle of screen lmafofoleol (u can edit the line after

[radwimps]
00:09:593 (2) - x 256 for middle i nazi
01:08:696 (2) - can u rotat this down like 8 degrees so tail spacing kinda evens out http://puu.sh/wOAuO/1220bee9bd.jpg for easetsetjsejthc
01:23:222 (1) - steak error

[light]
00:45:959 (2,2) - stack thing
01:21:328 (1) - this nc is useless make nc here instead 01:19:433 (5) -
01:27:012 (5) - sam thing
Topic Starter
Smokeman

Deppyforce wrote:

hi from q about a month ago :O

[gen]

dat bg loks kinda b a d if u listen to the song i think this one would fit better as map bg https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8639346 i know it fits very goo but i really like having it as the last thing on the screen and i dont want to use it twice :<
02:00:527 (2) - idk wat u think but imo if u nc this note so dat follow point doesnt appear the map will look much smoother (all diff) because the gab could be a bit too unpredictable even for my tastes, i decided to leave it there. Mb I'll change it if i restructure that part

[glimmer]
00:15:592 (1) - heelo this is out of place mak emore of these throughtou map so it counts as consistent there are two because it repeats twice in the song. No need to force it imo
00:20:735 (4) - try stack under 00:19:021 (2) - instead flow change emphasize dat whistle better imo I dont think it would emphasise it better, sorry :S
00:41:306 (3) - i nazi but place this at x 256 so its at middle of screen lmafofoleol (u can edit the line after) oh, oke c:

[radwimps]
00:09:593 (2) - x 256 for middle i nazi k c:
01:08:696 (2) - can u rotat this down like 8 degrees so tail spacing kinda evens out http://puu.sh/wOAuO/1220bee9bd.jpg for easetsetjsejthc i see what you mean, but that minro change would greatly affect the flow and i am very pedantic about that : [
01:23:222 (1) - steak error Holy shit thais typo had my laughing for a while xDDD. Fixed it C:

[light]
00:45:959 (2,2) - stack thing fixed
01:21:328 (1) - this nc is useless make nc here instead 01:19:433 (5) - mb i changed this and didnt upload, but its already how you described it in my version of the map :I
01:27:012 (5) - sam thing
thank for mod deppy c:
Bonsai
Hallo, timing-mod desu~
box with new timing lines
 [TimingPoints]
box with list of changes
  1. moved the first two sections by -10ms, set a new one at 01:15:699 doing +20ms (every layer there kinda go its own offset, this should be a good compromise)
  2. End was generally very good, just the very first note was much too late, the two notes around 01:53:340 and the one at 01:56:467 were slightly too late
  3. The section at 01:52:348 wasn't smoothly connecting to the next one, shame!
  4. Oh and theoretically the gap between 01:57:539 (1,2) should only be 1/4 assuming that it's the same rhythm as previously but with a massive ritartando, resulting in it being 7.5 BPM between those notes lol, the technical minimum in osu! is exactly 15 BPM so that's what I did there heh
  5. (and I timed the last note bc why not)
Zoinks
Kibbleru
light
this diff doesn't really fit with the rest, why not try something like "Shine"
Glimmer Sparkle Shine sounds better than Glimmer Sparkle Light

Glimmer
00:05:342 (1) - 00:15:628 (1) - why r u using bezier sliders? well i wouldn't really mind if u put more effort into making the curves smoother but this just looks bad :S
Seto Kousuke
Mod
General: You have good concept here, but the DS inconsistency is really High, I suggest you take a carefull reading on my points and at least do some adjustments on all sections when agreed with a point
Combo colours: Combo Colour number 4 and number 8 are almost the same, delete one of them since they're actually the same
Countdown: Countdown is enabled on the Sparkle difficulty, not sure why since the other 2 diffs have it disabled

[Glimmer]

• important: Being completly honest, You don't really need this Diff...it's just a heavily undermaped version of the Sparkle diff, and has critical issues (that I'll point out below), so you would be better by removing it, making your life easier to get mods and ranking it some day o:
  1. 00:01:914 (2,1) - For the easiest diff (specially around 1.40* which is the case here) specially with low bpm songs (which is also the case here) it's advised to never stack any note, you need to make it the cleanest diff possible so every newcomer can easily play it...so you should remove all the stacks like this one
  2. 00:46:627 (3,1) - Better DS @.@ Same applies for other instances
  3. 01:14:416 (2,3,4,1) - I know it's the end of the kiai and last transition towards the slow part, but you should keep the rythm logic consistent, either remove a note to make it similar to 00:59:258 (2,3,1) - and all the other transitions, or add a note on them

[Sparkle]
  1. 00:01:914 (3,1) - A BN alerted me a long time ago about sliders like this, you'll always try to not do this because it makes the gameplay really clustered both visually and mechanically, because the player's cursor will literally have zero movement, I suggest you do something like you did for 00:04:485 (3,1) - , always try to make the player have a movement on diffs like this.
  2. 00:07:057 (3,4,1) - err...don't do this on low star diffs (specially below 2*), you have to make the notes have a clean look, so you usually evade stacks like this that are confusing...The same applies for all the other ocurrencies
  3. 00:17:342 (3,1) - Specially this, don't :o You have to keep the DS consistent, if it's a 1/4, use the DS from 00:04:485 (3,1) -
  4. 00:52:311 (3,4,1,2) - Wanky flow....the 00:52:942 (1) - would play 30x less painfull and intuitive if you Ctrl + G it, but of course that requires adjustments on the next patterns
  5. 01:19:172 (4,1) - Keep the DS consistent on the slow parts...re-use DS from 01:36:225 (2,3) -
  6. 01:26:751 (4,1) - Just pointing out again to make sure you got it haha...keep those patterns consistent with the DS of 01:36:225 (2,3) - or even 01:41:909 (5,1) - . Choose one and keep it consistent during the map.
  7. 01:54:519 (3,1) - this section is really confusing because you keep decreasing the DS based on the BPM getting lower, but the notes are clicked on different timings, thus making the DS confusing, I suggest you rework to something more intuitive...notes getting clicked at later times = higher DS...notes getting clicked faster = lower DS <- Rule of thumb

[light]
  1. 00:02:557 (4,1) - This DS is a bit too harsh for the moment in question...for example, this 1/4 is using the same DS as 00:00:199 (1,2) - which are 1/2 (and they actually play weaker because both heads are too close) therefore this is too agressive and kinda wanky, I'd suggest you either increase the distance of00:00:199 (1,2) - a bit so the 1/4 have a smaller DS thus making it more consistent and having a better feeling, or adjusting the DS of this 1/4 to something like This for example.
  2. 00:02:771 (1,2) - This small DS makes it a bit wanky for gameplay, for similar reasons as the point above, faster clicking notes usually should have smaller DS and slow clicking notes should have a higher DS compared to the fast ones, so it's kinda inconsistent to have 1/2 notes have this small DS and 1/4 have a way higher one (for this slow section only...kiai-afterwards is ''kinda ok'' because of the intensity)
  3. 00:05:128 (4,1) - Inconsistent DS, you should keep stuff on low start diffs consistent, make it similar to 00:02:557 (4,1) - (in case you don't agree with my first mention...otherwise all other 1/4 and 1/2 should have a DS revamp)
  4. 00:05:342 (1,2) - won't mention these DS stuff again, but in case you actually agree with my first statement, consider rework the DS from the 1/2 and 1/4 in the entire section
  5. 00:13:914 (2,3) - Again, you're starting to have more inconsistencies with the DS, the DS you should follow should be similar the logic from 00:11:342 (2,3) - with either a small DS (slider head -> single 3) or a higher DS (slider tail -> single 3), the DS used here is different from both options, thus making it inconsistent and confusing >w< (for low diff maps it's not so noticeable, but yes, it does have impact :P )
  6. 00:13:057 (1,2) - same explanation as the point above, but compared to 00:10:485 (1,2) - and all the other 1/2 sliders in this section, you should keep things consistent
  7. Not gonna mention any more DS inconsistencies with sections above, but it does repeat itself other times as well :3
  8. 00:27:628 (3,4) - Different DS inconsistency, way smaller than 00:19:914 (3,4) - for no apparent reason, try to keep the DS logic consistent all the time (really specially in low star maps, they're kinda strict)
  9. 00:36:199 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - they all have the same DS, yet they play totally different, I Highly suggest you adjust this for the proper intensities, just because it's a low star, doesn't mean the DS logic should be forgotten sometimes...in low star they're actually more important >3<
  10. 00:42:628 - Not even a spinner? ._.
  11. 00:45:364 (1,2) - The song here is way more impactfull, but you used a DS for 1/2 that are almost the same as the 1/1 on the slow part like 00:27:628 (3,4) - this way it makes weird to play because the player expects something larger and more impactfull, I Highly suggest you make it a bit higher than the previous DS used, same applies for the rest of the map, different intensities requires different DS :P for example like you did here at 01:04:311 (1,2) - at this timestamp it fits 10x more
  12. 00:50:891 (4,1) - Inconsistent DS for the kiai, it's smaller than the other times like 00:48:996 (4,1) - and 00:54:680 (4,1) -
  13. 01:00:521 (1,2,3) - This comes out of nowhere compared to you entire structure on the map, even if you want to keep this 1/4, it should have the DS consistent to the other previous 1/4 to make it fit the structure
  14. 01:15:521 (4,1) - Even though the SV of the slider gets slower, you shouldn't decrease the DS like this, it just makes reading more confusing, you should keep a DS at least similar to 01:11:258 (3,4) - . The player will read 10x better and will still be consistent with your structure
  15. 01:27:067 (5,1) - More DS and stuff hehe, but I guess you got the point already
  16. 01:36:225 (2,3) - 1/4 and yet it still has a DS really different from 01:34:330 (4,1) - , consistency always for low star diffs, don't forget it :P
  17. 01:49:734 (1,2) - The idea was nice, but too clustered, it would have a better feeling with a more polished structure...the map is already too easy and slow, a good structure will fit way more than unecessary gimmicks...also, it makes it inconsistent with the DS of 01:50:652 (2,3) -

Sorry for the late mod dude >3< i still owe you a free mod whenever you want because of this, just poke ^^

see ya and best of luck <3
Topic Starter
Smokeman

Kibbleru wrote:

light
this diff doesn't really fit with the rest, why not try something like "Shine"
Glimmer Sparkle Shine sounds better than Glimmer Sparkle Light because of what i belive to be the intended name of this song." lit" looks a lot like "light" and I believe thats the case because another song on the same album is called "frc" which has very similar motives (is likea short version really) to the song "Fractal" on the 2nd Disc

Glimmer
00:05:342 (1) - 00:15:628 (1) - why r u using bezier sliders? well i wouldn't really mind if u put more effort into making the curves smoother but this just looks bad :S well... there would be no point in having them bezier if not for having these different looking curves

thanks for the minicheck, i guess

Seto Kousuke wrote:

Mod
General: You have good concept here, but the DS inconsistency is really High, I suggest you take a carefull reading on my points and at least do some adjustments on all sections when agreed with a point
Combo colours: Combo Colour number 4 and number 8 are almost the same, delete one of them since they're actually the same will make them different
Countdown: Countdown is enabled on the Sparkle difficulty, not sure why since the other 2 diffs have it disabled ugh... same dunno why this keeps happening..

[Glimmer]

• important: Being completly honest, You don't really need this Diff...it's just a heavily undermaped version of the Sparkle diff, and has critical issues (that I'll point out below), so you would be better by removing it, making your life easier to get mods and ranking it some day o: The "normal" diff of this set is way too hard for an early beginner. I really do need this difficulty : p
  1. 00:01:914 (2,1) - For the easiest diff (specially around 1.40* which is the case here) specially with low bpm songs (which is also the case here) it's advised to never stack any note, you need to make it the cleanest diff possible so every newcomer can easily play it...so you should remove all the stacks like this one You should take note on how low of an BPM we are actually dealing with. 70 BPM and those notes are on white ticks. This is so undense that you can pull things like that. Infact i have to. If did not do that than there would be no other option for me to emphasize the music accordingly. I have carefuly concidered every single thing in this mapset believe me : )
  2. 00:46:627 (3,1) - Better DS @.@ Same applies for other instances I need more opinions on these. I think its a fitting way to visualy indicate to a beginner that this will be something completely new for him
  3. 01:14:416 (2,3,4,1) - I know it's the end of the kiai and last transition towards the slow part, but you should keep the rythm logic consistent, either remove a note to make it similar to 00:59:258 (2,3,1) - and all the other transitions, or add a note on them these other instanses were mapped with circles in the gaps, i later on deleted them and noticed that it still flows well with slight adjustments. I took Feb's advice to have the drumroll emphasised in a way as a mean to finish of the kiai. Thats why its "inconsistent"

[Sparkle]
  1. 00:01:914 (3,1) - A BN alerted me a long time ago about sliders like this, you'll always try to not do this because it makes the gameplay really clustered both visually and mechanically, because the player's cursor will literally have zero movement, I suggest you do something like you did for 00:04:485 (3,1) - , always try to make the player have a movement on diffs like this. I did this intentionaly so that 00:05:342 (1) - is different from 00:02:771 (1) - cause the performer/artist puts more emphasis on that first mentioned note.
  2. 00:07:057 (3,4,1) - err...don't do this on low star diffs (specially below 2*), you have to make the notes have a clean look, so you usually evade stacks like this that are confusing...The same applies for all the other ocurrencies Even tho this is not conventional i think it fits the music very well, better than any type of consistently snapped pattern would do. And at this point the player knows with the 2 slider before that, that there will be 1/4 rythms like this in some way. This is the whole motif of the song really..
  3. 00:17:342 (3,1) - Specially this, don't :o You have to keep the DS consistent, if it's a 1/4, use the DS from 00:04:485 (3,1) - yea i should rethink this
  4. 00:52:311 (3,4,1,2) - Wanky flow....the 00:52:942 (1) - would play 30x less painfull and intuitive if you Ctrl + G it, but of course that requires adjustments on the next patterns I dont find it particulary wanky :S
  5. 01:19:172 (4,1) - Keep the DS consistent on the slow parts...re-use DS from 01:36:225 (2,3) -
  6. 01:26:751 (4,1) - Just pointing out again to make sure you got it haha...keep those patterns consistent with the DS of 01:36:225 (2,3) - or even 01:41:909 (5,1) - . Choose one and keep it consistent during the map. For me these two sections arent quite the same. the instrumentation suddenly becomes more sparse and thus i decided to got with a different look aswell. The second part features movement through 1/2 consistently spaced notes and note huge sliders.
  7. 01:54:519 (3,1) - this section is really confusing because you keep decreasing the DS based on the BPM getting lower, but the notes are clicked on different timings, thus making the DS confusing, I suggest you rework to something more intuitive...notes getting clicked at later times = higher DS...notes getting clicked faster = lower DS <- Rule of thumb having consistent ds in a part like this is inherently difficult. I just left the ds on when doing this and only did some freestyle on 01:54:519 (3) - because the piano note is exeptionaly quieter and gentler, which inspired me to space it less. It doesnt really affect the gameplay since everything is so ambiguous in a part like this
I'd like to mention here the following before going forward: Just because the star difficulty is below 2 or 1,4 doesnt meant that these diffs are automaticly categorized as "Easy" or "Normal" diffs. The slow nature of the song just has as a result that these diffs are so lowly rarate but their design and structure follows more that of a Normal diff for Glimmer and a Hard diff for Sparkle. Which makes the next diff more of an insane than what you would expect it to be when looking at the start rating. The mapping of "Light" just isnt suited for a hard diff in any way really.

[light]
  1. 00:02:557 (4,1) - This DS is a bit too harsh for the moment in question...for example, this 1/4 is using the same DS as 00:00:199 (1,2) - which are 1/2 (and they actually play weaker because both heads are too close) therefore this is too agressive and kinda wanky, I'd suggest you either increase the distance of00:00:199 (1,2) - a bit so the 1/4 have a smaller DS thus making it more consistent and having a better feeling, or adjusting the DS of this 1/4 to something like This for example.
  2. 00:02:771 (1,2) - This small DS makes it a bit wanky for gameplay, for similar reasons as the point above, faster clicking notes usually should have smaller DS and slow clicking notes should have a higher DS compared to the fast ones, so it's kinda inconsistent to have 1/2 notes have this small DS and 1/4 have a way higher one (for this slow section only...kiai-afterwards is ''kinda ok'' because of the intensity)
  3. 00:05:128 (4,1) - Inconsistent DS, you should keep stuff on low start diffs consistent, make it similar to 00:02:557 (4,1) - (in case you don't agree with my first mention...otherwise all other 1/4 and 1/2 should have a DS revamp)
  4. 00:05:342 (1,2) - won't mention these DS stuff again, but in case you actually agree with my first statement, consider rework the DS from the 1/2 and 1/4 in the entire section On all of the above: As i mentioned above this is more of a a light Insane than a low sr difficulty. Just because the game measures difficulty in objects to their relative spacng during a time interval and not on the complexity or structure of a map it is not my fault :( The Spacing it very intentional in every sense of the word. 00:00:199 (1,2) - 00:02:771 (1,2) - 00:05:342 (1,2) - all of these use low spacing pattern to increase the contrast to the maint motif of the song 00:01:914 (3,4,1) - the 1/4 thing. Using anything less would undersell it. Infact i should prolly space them more but i didnt because of pattering reasons.
  5. 00:13:914 (2,3) - Again, you're starting to have more inconsistencies with the DS, the DS you should follow should be similar the logic from 00:11:342 (2,3) - with either a small DS (slider head -> single 3) or a higher DS (slider tail -> single 3), the DS used here is different from both options, thus making it inconsistent and confusing >w< (for low diff maps it's not so noticeable, but yes, it does have impact :P ) this is me putting variety in a repeating song. The player shoudl be pretty familiar with the rythm of the song by now and should be able to comfortably read through the rest of it.
  6. 00:13:057 (1,2) - same explanation as the point above, but compared to 00:10:485 (1,2) - and all the other 1/2 sliders in this section, you should keep things consistent its to emphasise the sudden apearence of that cheacky d-sharp which suddenly appears out of nowhere
  7. Not gonna mention any more DS inconsistencies with sections above, but it does repeat itself other times as well :3
  8. 00:27:628 (3,4) - Different DS inconsistency, way smaller than 00:19:914 (3,4) - for no apparent reason, try to keep the DS logic consistent all the time (really specially in low star maps, they're kinda strict)
  9. 00:36:199 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - they all have the same DS, yet they play totally different, I Highly suggest you adjust this for the proper intensities, just because it's a low star, doesn't mean the DS logic should be forgotten sometimes...in low star they're actually more important >3<
  10. 00:42:628 - Not even a spinner? ._. spinners are dumb >: (
  11. 00:45:364 (1,2) - The song here is way more impactfull, but you used a DS for 1/2 that are almost the same as the 1/1 on the slow part like 00:27:628 (3,4) - this way it makes weird to play because the player expects something larger and more impactfull, I Highly suggest you make it a bit higher than the previous DS used, same applies for the rest of the map, different intensities requires different DS :P for example like you did here at 01:04:311 (1,2) - at this timestamp it fits 10x more
  12. 00:50:891 (4,1) - Inconsistent DS for the kiai, it's smaller than the other times like 00:48:996 (4,1) - and 00:54:680 (4,1) - I do the same thing structuraly as i have done in the part before
  13. 01:00:521 (1,2,3) - This comes out of nowhere compared to you entire structure on the map, even if you want to keep this 1/4, it should have the DS consistent to the other previous 1/4 to make it fit the structure i am more concerned with the visual appeal than ds consistency which doesnt really follow the song structure
  14. 01:15:521 (4,1) - Even though the SV of the slider gets slower, you shouldn't decrease the DS like this, it just makes reading more confusing, you should keep a DS at least similar to 01:11:258 (3,4) - . The player will read 10x better and will still be consistent with your structure its a forced slow down because the song itself is abruptly changin moods
  15. 01:27:067 (5,1) - More DS and stuff hehe, but I guess you got the point already
  16. 01:36:225 (2,3) - 1/4 and yet it still has a DS really different from 01:34:330 (4,1) - , consistency always for low star diffs, don't forget it :P
  17. 01:49:734 (1,2) - The idea was nice, but too clustered, it would have a better feeling with a more polished structure...the map is already too easy and slow, a good structure will fit way more than unecessary gimmicks...also, it makes it inconsistent with the DS of 01:50:652 (2,3) - i really like how it doesnt take up a lot of space. It feels very tame and this is what i was going for, allthough the editor kinda made them luck clunky so i should try to fix them

As i mentioned earlier: You have to take into account what the diffs really are and adjust your spacing fluctuations accordingly to complement the song. And this is what i did, following the limitations of each specific difficulty. Infact, if you copy pasted the intense part of "Light" one more time you would see that the map is more of a really high hard or a light insane if the map structure didnt give it away already. Which is why i dont want to name my difficulties "Easy" and "Normal" since they just arent these types of diffs and it will be missleading to newer players if i did (and i also like this naming pattern much more :3) .But thank you for bringing up these concern since they had to be discussed sooner or later. I will tweak some things on the DS in the light difficulty on some occasions but not in the way you prolly suggested me to do :S

Sorry for the late mod dude >3< i still owe you a free mod whenever you want because of this, just poke ^^ oki c:

see ya and best of luck <3 Thanks a lot for the mod C:
Nao Tomori
not much to say here

diffnames are probably unrankable, add the diff into them.
also can u lower the slider slide volume plz

light
00:13:914 (2) - make a jump here to 2? to show the different intensity / pitch change thing

00:42:628 - spinner?

00:47:389 - lol whyd u put monstrata and haruto on ur bg??

01:00:995 (2) - you only put this here, why not in some other places further on too
01:11:732 (4) - cuz like doing a jump from it here is a bit unexpected since the previous two times it wasnt a jump at all, if you did it more you could vary it and that would b cool

01:41:909 (5) - weird 2 stack cuz its a different note imo

sparkle
00:25:914 (1) - click here would b nice cuz its hella loud

00:38:771 (1) - nice unsilenced slider tick NOOB

01:08:100 (1,2) - this visual spacing looks like shit and the blanket's off remap kds

glimmer
00:05:342 (1) - but why

ok but actually they look totally out of place and i cant see why you used the plz explain
Topic Starter
Smokeman

Naotoshi wrote:

not much to say here

diffnames are probably unrankable, add the diff into them.
also can u lower the slider slide volume plz will do all of these

light
00:13:914 (2) - make a jump here to 2? to show the different intensity / pitch change thing i think the sublte change i put is just fine to emphasise the sudden d-sharp note

00:42:628 - spinner? spinners disgust me. I put a whole SB to compensate

00:47:389 - lol whyd u put monstrata and haruto on ur bg?? Monstrata btfo. Tbh gud taste in profile pics :ok_hand:

01:00:995 (2) - you only put this here, why not in some other places further on too
01:11:732 (4) - cuz like doing a jump from it here is a bit unexpected since the previous two times it wasnt a jump at all, if you did it more you could vary it and that would b cool ye put it somewhere else prior to where it made sense. And reworked the spacing to fit the intensity (thanks seto)

01:41:909 (5) - weird 2 stack cuz its a different note imo moved the the middle note. Now its even cuter :3

sparkle
00:25:914 (1) - click here would b nice cuz its hella loud i decided against it cause of possible mix ups with 00:36:199 (1,2) -

00:38:771 (1) - nice unsilenced slider tick NOOB brb kms

01:08:100 (1,2) - this visual spacing looks like shit and the blanket's off remap kds i really really really really like this one like whole shit this gives me happy dreams every night i cant live w/o it. HOOO yeah boi

glimmer
00:05:342 (1) - but why

ok but actually they look totally out of place and i cant see why you used the plz explain
Will explain again so the next people can read. Apparantly people dont use stable(fallback) version of osu and have their slider-tails disabled. This is how it looks for me https://puu.sh/xhVrM/67df96d171.png Looks pretty gucci if you ask me.
why i did i use this instead of a nomal curve? Simply to have some variety in this really low-key rythm thing that is going on here. just copy pasting 00:00:200 (1) - would be too low-effort... I like to add as much little stuff to my maps as possible w/o making them overly stupid. For my money this is still in the "not stupid"-zone C:
when you ask when nao gonna mod:
he be, "ya, not nao"
:dabberino:

thank for mod. Should be gucci for rank now after i finish my TODO list
Monstrata
Glimmer > Sparkle makes sense, but Sparkle > Light is kinda ambiguous. If you did like "Flash" it would make sense cuz then they'd be on a scale of how much light was being emitted. a glimmer of light, a sparkle of light, a flash of light.
Doormat
this is really late, sorry ;A;

[General]
  1. i don't mind the custom diff names, but you should still consider putting in brackets what each difficulty is, since RC rules
  2. 00:22:485 - 00:25:057 - 00:35:342 - i feel 5% volume would work better here than 10%
  3. some of your timing after 01:15:699 - is noticeably off. the first example of this would be the note on 01:17:593 - , where the downbeat is noticeably a few ms off from the actual piano sound. there are plenty more other notes that sound mistimed, so you could probably take a look at monstrata's timing and do something similar
  4. 01:46:014 - actually i recommend putting in a break time here. it sounds like the song ends but it really isn't so it'll probably trick people into stopping when the map's not actually over yet lol
[glitter]
  1. 01:35:277 (1,2) - i'd swap NCs here
[sparkle]
  1. 00:04:485 (3,1) - DS error perhaps? feels/looks inconsistent with the others
  2. 00:17:342 (3,1) - here too
  3. 00:47:890 (2,1) - stack (1)'s slider end with the (2)?
  4. 01:08:100 (1,2) - pattern here looks a bit out of place with how the (2) is curving so much upwards. maybe try rotating it down a bit? you might have to move 01:09:364 (3) - though
  5. 01:58:573 (1,2) - swap NCs again
[light]
  1. 00:07:914 (1,2,3,1) - i kind of expected all of these notes to have similar spacing due to equal piano emphasis, or at the very least expected more spacing between 00:09:628 (3,1) -
fix timing and call me back
Natsu
General

1. I suppose you will do something about the diff names
  2. the slider-slide sounds so bad, consider using a silent one :(
  3. there is a duplicate OSB file, check if Sb\snowflake_original.png and Sb\koe.jpg are used
light

1. 00:12:199 (3,4,1) - not a fan of using same spacing for different snaps. 00:17:342 (3,4,1,2) - etc I strongly disagree with them
  2. 01:49:734 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,1) - the slider-slide sound is super annoying, pls do something about it, either reduce the volume or add a silent slider-slide
  3. 00:45:364 (1) - you forgot to add kiai on the red line
  4. the spacing seems super inconsistent IMO (I guess is on purpose), not really a fan of this diff because of that.
sparkle

1. 00:45:364 (1) - same as the top diff
glimmer

1. 00:52:942 (1,2) - there are little things like blankets that may need improvement, but not sure how much you care about your map visuals-
  2. 00:45:364 (1) - same as other diffs
  3. 01:57:539 (1) - and yea the slider-slide sound is really annoying
It's a really simple map, I just don't like the spacing at the top diff, but seems you have other 2 bns already, so GL
Topic Starter
Smokeman

Doormat wrote:

this is really late, sorry ;A; it's oke ;_;

[General]
  1. i don't mind the custom diff names, but you should still consider putting in brackets what each difficulty is, since RC rules I wouldnt like that. I concider the diff names part of the aesthetic of the whole set. "glimmer (easy)" looks and sounds way to rigid. Monstrata approves them doe
  2. 00:22:485 - 00:25:057 - 00:35:342 - i feel 5% volume would work better here than 10% I want them to still be audible.
  3. some of your timing after 01:15:699 - is noticeably off. the first example of this would be the note on 01:17:593 - , where the downbeat is noticeably a few ms off from the actual piano sound. there are plenty more other notes that sound mistimed, so you could probably take a look at monstrata's timing and do something similar I took a look and dont see what you mean tbh. The example you've given doesnt sound off at all. I trust Bonsai's and my judgement with this one.
  4. 01:46:014 - actually i recommend putting in a break time here. it sounds like the song ends but it really isn't so it'll probably trick people into stopping when the map's not actually over yet lol I might do this. The break messes up the lighting of the SB hence why i didnt put one here 00:41:342 -
[glitter]
  1. 01:35:277 (1,2) - i'd swap NCs here yea
[sparkle]
  1. 00:04:485 (3,1) - DS error perhaps? feels/looks inconsistent with the others Nope, the DS is completely intended
  2. 00:17:342 (3,1) - here too Although i used a different spacing pattern for the 1/4 prior i feel like this should look like this to conform with the aesthetics of the whole part. Spacing it out looks way more out of place
  3. 00:47:890 (2,1) - stack (1)'s slider end with the (2)? I did this off-stack (which looks like it auto stacked) cause every time i tried to perfectly stack them osu would ruin the stack. Might try again to stack, but i also think this off-stack has a charm of it's own
  4. 01:08:100 (1,2) - pattern here looks a bit out of place with how the (2) is curving so much upwards. maybe try rotating it down a bit? you might have to move 01:09:364 (3) - though this pattern is just right. I see curved sliders having a bouyency point relative to a paralle to the x-axis l line going through the head of the slider.
  5. 01:58:573 (1,2) - swap NCs again I want the follow line to pop up so the player knows whats going to happen.
[light]
  1. 00:07:914 (1,2,3,1) - i kind of expected all of these notes to have similar spacing due to equal piano emphasis, or at the very least expected more spacing between 00:09:628 (3,1) - Technicly speaking the piano doesnt get stronger but it does go up in pitch and it feels like it gets stronger in that sense, hence why i went with an increasing spacing pattern Ok, i thought i did one of those because it allways felt like it was increasing its spacing.
fix timing and call me back Will check it out with bonsai again. (also have to somehow do that SB thing ._ .)

Natsu wrote:

General

1. I suppose you will do something about the diff names
  2. the slider-slide sounds so bad, consider using a silent one :( uhm, mind sharing one you think would fit? I just silenced the default slide :/
  3. there is a duplicate OSB file, check if Sb\snowflake_original.png and Sb\koe.jpg are used thanks for the catch
light

1. 00:12:199 (3,4,1) - not a fan of using same spacing for different snaps. 00:17:342 (3,4,1,2) - etc I strongly disagree with them ya, should keep DS on throughout the whole map
  2. 01:49:734 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,1) - the slider-slide sound is super annoying, pls do something about it, either reduce the volume or add a silent slider-slide
  3. 00:45:364 (1) - you forgot to add kiai on the red line
  4. the spacing seems super inconsistent IMO (I guess is on purpose), not really a fan of this diff because of that.
sparkle

1. 00:45:364 (1) - same as the top diff
glimmer

1. 00:52:942 (1,2) - there are little things like blankets that may need improvement, but not sure how much you care about your map visuals- I care more than i should. Everything about this set's visuals has been taken in consideration. A blanket in the example you have provided would completely ruin the pattern.
  2. 00:45:364 (1) - same as other diffs
  3. 01:57:539 (1) - and yea the slider-slide sound is really annoying
It's a really simple map, I just don't like the spacing at the top diff, but seems you have other 2 bns already, so GL
danke
Bonsai
@Doormat's timing-issue: There are like three different rhythmic layers which all have slightly different offsets, hence not every note is perfect but I tried to find a nice compromise between these offsets for playability. If you look at Monstrata's timing it's just got offset-resets at pmuch every spot which is nonsensical when the overall tempo isn't changing, players feel that general tempo, not "oh the next note in the song is 10ms later". For some reason he didn't use offset-resets at 01:15:655 yet which is why every single note between this and the next downbeat sounds even more off than here, also half of his later downbeats still sound late so idk what he tried to achieve tbh lol

on a sidenote, in highest diff 01:36:225 (2,3,4) is kinda ew bc of uneven visual spacing between the objects since the sliderbodies are closer than their heads/tails, maybe balance that out a bit (but don't space sliders too much bc followpoints :^))
Nao Tomori
add a silent sliderslide for the intro at least. just use a blank audio file and a separate custom set. make sure that slide and tick are never silenced at the same time cuz thats important for some reason.

i think top diff name should be shine or something. atm doesnt really make sense cuz.. glimmer (of light) sparkle (of light) light (of light?) basically it isnt a metric of how much light there is or something.. lol

anyway map looks ok.
Topic Starter
Smokeman

Naotoshi wrote:

add a silent sliderslide for the intro at least. just use a blank audio file and a separate custom set. make sure that slide and tick are never silenced at the same time cuz thats important for some reason.

i think top diff name should be shine or something. atm doesnt really make sense cuz.. glimmer (of light) sparkle (of light) light (of light?) basically it isnt a metric of how much light there is or something.. lol

anyway map looks ok.
okay i spend some more time adjusting cause i wasn't happy with it. What i did:
- cause no slider-slide makes the slider-slide gimmick at 00:20:771 (4) - sound odd and way too rough, i instead made the slide sound quieter overall.
- 22% vol. -> 18%vol. in the first section (adjusted everything else aswell) cause it was a bit too loud.
- fixed gimmick in glimmer in some cases cause mistakes were made

Now it's faintly audible and makes the transition less awkward.
Now the slide is inaudible in the climax .
Now ending sounds better in comparison.

About the naming pattern:

I started with "light" and went down from there cause i interpret the name of the song "lit" as an abbreviation of "light" (just like the song "frc" from the same ost probably stands for "fractal", another song in the ost, cause they are pretty similar once you listen to them).
light is 100%. Then we have a glimmer of light which is like very dim compared to all of the light. Now whats in between? I guess a spark leaves behind glimmer after it burst light. But spark sounds a bit too rough so i went with sparkle cause it sounds cuter.
I wanted to base it around light cause the ost is called "a shape of light" C:
Garden
general:
unused files: soft-sliderslide3.wav, Sb\p.jpg, Sb\snowflake_original.png
might add 'litvar' to tags cuz when i copy pasta the title and search in the beatmap section it ommited the () by default

glimmer:
00:45:364 - add kiai to that red line too so it's consistent with green one

sparkle:
00:38:771 (1,2) - unstacking seems better to me, since 00:40:485 - 00:41:342 - are different notes
01:08:100 (1,2) - ctrl-h doesn't seem to work well here, making the placement a bit crowded (visual spacing)
01:53:553 (2,3) - spacing is off for the 1/2 gap, making them consistent would help reading when to stop holding the slider

light:
01:34:646 (1) - comboing is inconsistent with previous ones, also i would recommend -> nc after those stack pauses

call me when ready c:
show more