forum

[Archived] Wacom Intuos Draw (CTL-490) Input lag

posted
Total Posts
show more
khanjui

Mak0s_ wrote:

E: I had a problem with it that when I went to OSU! so the cursor jumping around the edges and liable to click, but when I put the raw imput on so it ended but I was not pleased so I continued playing with the setting and I noticed that when you take out of the ingame sensivity (between 0.4 or 1.6) so it works without the raw imput, i have it like 4,5 so it's just flip out. (the first tablet so I do not know much about these, I hope this had any help :roll: )
First, its "input". Second, when you play with sensitivity raw input turns on by itself. (If you are Windows 8 or above). And there is no point with changing sensitivity. Keep raw input on @1.0x, set frame limiter to unlimited, turn off compability mode - reduce dropped frames - detect performance issues. Tick fullscreen. Turn off OS TabletPC support, Joystick support and Wiimote/TaTaCon Drum support under OTHER settings.

I'm searching on the web about this tablet since 2 month. Many people complainant about input lag, but somebody not. If there is a future named "cursor smoothing" as @Benpoi mentioned, i hope Wacom will make drivers which can able to close it. If it's another issue, i think it can be fixed. I can wait for that. I will buy my CTL 490 Draw in 3 days.

Also

http://osu.ppy.sh/u/YewJoeChai
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8mmSmRAgwZOAz9cuIoyibw

Look at this guy, he is playing well enough with it.
DykkyLieS
This is actually a driver issue because dragging would not introduce any lags, and there's a temporary fix til the next driver comes out: LINK
It worked for me so... hope it'll help. :)
lol
anyone know a rough estimate for new drivers?
Dinostache
I hope this can help you :)
-------- Things that can cause you input lags --------
1- Wrong version of your drivers
2- Windows Aero
-------------------------------------------------------------

Wacom drivers with no input lag http://www.mediafire.com/download/s5o6b ... .3.9w5.exe

If none of that work use this tool
FixMyPen: https://github.com/saveenr/Fix_My_Pen/releases/download/v1/ViziblrFixMyPen-.2011.08.15.zip
Be sure to run this as admin
-------- Sources --------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWFIbap_h4s
Have a nice day :P
Reolution
the 6.3.9w5 driver doesn't work for wacom ctl490
Reolution
You can solve this issue by blocking the pen tip with some tape, and it will work fine
Cosmic Elf
Does anyone have a problem with wavy lines when drawing slowly? I've been searching all over the web and trying to install older drivers, disabling windows features and I just can't get rid of the damn waves..
Saaba

thelastfire wrote:

You can solve this issue by blocking the pen tip with some tape, and it will work fine
I didn't know i've been playing with input lag this entire time :o

This fixed it, feel a huge difference
Underforest

Saaba wrote:

thelastfire wrote:

I didn't know i've been playing with input lag this entire time :o

This fixed it, feel a huge difference
Don't bump old threads
ngungodandon
Fuk Wacom == i bought the CTH 490 4 days ago to replace my old 470 and now i regret buying this thing TT Lags everywhere ,and im not used to dragging.
Ill sell it if Wacom doesnt release a new driver soon .
Bara-
Don't bump old marked threads
Skiant
just today i got my CTL-490s and i have the laggs aswell. Currently using 6.3.16-2 drivers. And Visibly Fix My Pen program in attempt to fix delay and unneeded options for graphical designers. Sadly nothing happend. Does anybody know if wacom are gonna fix their thing with the drivers soon, or else i have to sell the tablet ;(
Bara-

Bara- wrote:

Don't bump old marked threads
HardPointz
Thank GOD I just bought mine yesterday and i can still return it its unplayable when your not used to lag
Knalli
TO ALL WHO HAVE THIS PROBLEM:

A temporary workaround for the input lag is to tape down the tip of the pen so it is permanently pressed the input lag is caused by cursor smoothing in the wacom driver itself! the smoothing will be disabled if the pen is dragged!
Kao
Erm, this is an archived thread. Refrain from bumping it unless you are the thread owner. Just two posts above yours, is what has already been said.
You can try posting it t/521962 here instead as it will get more attention.

Thank you :)
Humanity
Why is it that the tablet only recognizes like the small play area on osu on the laptop screen? When I move my pen around, on the osu screen, it only moves in a certain area, like it's restricted by borders. Using the same tablet. Also, I can't play on windowed because the cursor on the windows screen also moves; there's two separate cursors (one on the windows part and one on osu's)
Dntm8kmeeatu

HumanitysOTP wrote:

Why is it that the tablet only recognizes like the small play area on osu on the laptop screen? When I move my pen around, on the osu screen, it only moves in a certain area, like it's restricted by borders. Using the same tablet. Also, I can't play on windowed because the cursor on the windows screen also moves; there's two separate cursors (one on the windows part and one on osu's)
Please refrain from bumping old Archived threads. Instead make your own if you have an issue.

To start off, Make sure your ingame sensitivity isn't above or below 1x
Kevcke
I recently bought a CTL-490s and I don't have a input lag.
VoltedZ
Yeah a driver update fixed it a while ago.
Kao
Don't bump old threads, if you have a problem make a new thread instead.
Gemz
Can someone say which driver fixed it.(It is not Fixed)