forum

[invalid] Hip hop

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5,794
Topic Starter
HeadCRACK
Let me start out by saying this...I love all types of music.. that's the reason I think appealing to a greater audience is very important especially if we want to see more people playing this game...for example id like to see more hip hop, reggae, reggaeton, etc. I think as a beginner (started tonight) id be a bit more engaged playing along with music I'm more familiar with - Just a thought, how do u guys feel about that? also can u guys direct me to some beatmaps I might like?
Rivals_7
well duh

this feature exist for a reason
also, think you are asking in a wrong forum either
Lyawi
I know what you mean, they're more anime songs instead of pop or hip hop. But remember that people create beatmaps according to their wishes. Maybe start mapping so that you can rank these genres someday? :>

https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist?m=-1&r=0&g=5&la=0&ra=
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist?m=-1&r=0&g=9&la=0&ra=
Caput Mortuum
They won't grow unless someone took action. You have to do it yourself since not many people map hip hop around here.
Topic Starter
HeadCRACK
Lyawi, great idea - unfortunately i still have A LOT to learn. But it's always a possibility.
Rivals, thanks for that. Althought i dont recognize 8 out of those 10 hip hop artists im talking about more main stream hip hop

Mobb deep
wu tang
jadakiss
cormega
Nas
big pun
ETC.

secondly, the reason im asking for help and direction is because im new here and dont know where to look, as i start getting more comfortable my threads will become tighter.
_Meep_
You're pretty new I see,only just joined today.
One thing why we don't have much pop songs is that this community of mappers simply just like more japanese songs than anything else.
We mappers are what creates the beatmaps and songs you play every day.
Even I don't even know 90% of all songs I know now unfil I played osu.
The artists you mentioned well i dont even know em ._.
Like Eraser said, learn to map, watch this sexy guy's tutorials on how to start mapping and what to look for https://www.youtube.com/user/Pishifat
Ignite
Great Idea! Take my stars.
Sandy Hoey

Ignite wrote:

You wasted those stars on a request that cannot happen because maps are not created by devs. They are created by the community. If you want to play these sorts of maps, make them yourself as other have suggested. Or see if any mappers have similar taste as you by talking to them
Kaifin
this is a really good idea, +86
Deltmin
this is cool
+18 :)!
Ignite

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Ignite wrote:

You wasted those stars on a request that cannot happen because maps are not created by devs. They are created by the community. If you want to play these sorts of maps, make them yourself as other have suggested. Or see if any mappers have similar taste as you by talking to them
prove it idiot
Triniset
Finally after so many years of looking for the perfect request I have found something I can truly dedicate my stars to. +164!
Maji
this resonates with my soul and body. please take these stars
vrnl
I've looked for something to use my stars on.. Finally I found something useful! Here you go : )
Toy
I can't think of a better cause
-Muted-
i guess i give you a start :<<<<<
defiance
as much as i would like this to happen there's some problems as to why it doesn't

1. depending on how old it is, the timing might be fairly hard (decimal bpm, variable, etc.)

2. it's fairly repetitive, so you'd have to be a repetitive, not fun to play map. you can also try vocal mapping, but that's also difficult and doesn't always really work.

3. a lot of people don't really want to map hip hop, as much as that sucks, the reasons above are why

i like that you want to see a change in genres, but it's kinda difficult unfortunately :/
Kaifin

osuskrub wrote:

3. a lot of people don't really want to map hip hop, as much as that sucks, the reasons above are why
if this reaches #1 most requested feature will map and rank a rap song
Yuii-

Kaifin wrote:

osuskrub wrote:

And I will be qualifying it. Word.
dunois
+15 !

cant wait to see what the future of osu will become~
Ignite
#HipHosu!
Toy

Kaifin wrote:

osuskrub wrote:

if it's not the full rapper's delight by the sugar hill gang i wont support it
Storyboarder

Yuii- wrote:

Kaifin wrote:

And I will be qualifying it. Word.
And I will be storyboarding it.

+70
Foxy Grandpa
+26, this is what osu needs
Pein