forum

[Archived] Screen freezes out when I play

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Akishi
Problem Details:
Since 3 days I'm facing an annoying issue which I can't deal with or find the solution to solve it.

Whenever I start to play after a few seconds/minutes it suddenly freezes out so weirdly that I can still hear every sound. I can hear when I "die" but its so slow, like it was slowmotion or something but the only thing I can see on my screen is the one what I linked below... its kinda glitches out and then freezes to death, so I have to bring up the task manager to be able to close the client. Sometimes I doesn't even have to play at all, I'm in the menu and if I click on anything it freezes out.

I thought that it may be my graphics card but I have the latest updates installed (via Nvidia GeForce Experience, I have a GT610) and if it was my G.Card it should happen to all the other games I play like Paladins which's needs are higher as well.

I tried to limit my fps; reinstalling the whole client; run the osu!repair; checked all my driver updates for my graphics card and OS (W10); I searched for any viruses, nothing was found; ---> neither of them helped so I'm a bit hopeless now :|
+
I got a notification which says: The application can not access the graphics hardware. (osu!.exe)
I googled it and everyone talking about the dirver updates which makes no sense as I explained before.

I'm playing in 1360x768 (native resolution) and in Fullscreen. I've played with the same settings since I started to play the game like 2 years ago, never had any issues before.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://puu.sh/weAud.jpg
This happens every time... I simply play and then suddenly RIP.

osu! version: 20170528.1 (latest)
Lacrimosa
Tried using Compatibility Mode?
Topic Starter
Akishi

Nikosbks wrote:

Tried using Compatibility Mode?
Thanks for the advice, it didnt come to my mind, I totally forgot to try that...
I tested it and played for a whole hour or so and it didnt freeze once.

Can I ask that what does this mode exactly do? I want to figure out what caused this whole issue.

+ I'd like to ask you to not delete this post yet, wait until tomorrow or something and I'll sign back if everything is allright bcs I don't want to post again if it would come back little later... can we wait a bit please?

Thank you very much for the help! :D
Lacrimosa

Seishin wrote:

Can I ask that what does this mode exactly do? I want to figure out what caused this whole issue.

Seishin wrote:

+ I'd like to ask you to not delete this post yet, wait until tomorrow or something and I'll sign back if everything is allright bcs I don't want to post again if it would come back little later... can we wait a bit please?

Thank you very much for the help! :D
Don't worry, this thread is not going anywhere. :p I'm glad to hear it fixed the issue.