forum

[Archived] OBS refuses to record osu no matter how hard I try

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PoiuteySyglemic
So, I've been trying to record osu for the past day or so, but every time I load it up, the recording freezes. Here, I'll record a quick, unedited example:

https://youtu.be/yJjaKB0wzmw

The black screen when I open osu is the recording freezing. I was still able to see and play the game like normal, but when played back, it's stuck.

I've come to the conclusion that osu runs on DirectX, and for whatever reason, I need to use OpenGL. Because when I used the stable fallback, I could switch to openGL and the recording would work just fine. However, fallback is laggy and unpleasant IMO. What I need is the option to switch to OpenGL in the newest version, but as far as I'm concerned, that's not a possibility.

Any further insight is appreciated.
ctrl
in obs under settings>advanced>video>renderer do you have openGL selected? You could try selecting your directX option instead.
Topic Starter
PoiuteySyglemic

Hostile wrote:

in obs under settings>advanced>video>renderer do you have openGL selected? You could try selecting your directX option instead.

I just checked, and I apparently have "Open 3d 11" Selected. There is also no DirectX setting at far as I can see. Just Direct 3D 11, and OpenGL.
ctrl
Direct 3D 11 yea
Pigu
Same thing happened to me but it was on a laptop.

If you're using a laptop, use the dedicated video card to run osu!, OBS should records fine afterward.
Kao
Are you recording with fullscreen? Disabling fullscreen with Game Capture while using the GPU to run osu! fixed it for me.