forum

Songs that give you the chills?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Razzy
So we all know those moments when a wave of emotion or intensity hits you when you listen to music, and it gives you goosebumps, or a sort of tingling sensation. Well, that's what this thread is for! I'll start.

The entirety of Pink Floyd - High Hopes does this for me. It makes me think of walking up a cloudy, forested mountain path. So many Pink Floyd songs bring about similar images for me, like Us and Them, Shine On You Crazy Diamond, or Welcome to the Machine.

The vocals and guitar solo on Queensryche - Eyes of a Stranger are masterfully done, and the song is perfect by itself, but it helps if you listen to the entire Operation: Mindcrime album for context. This is the closing song.

Honorable mentions: the closing sequence in the music video of Porter Robinson and Madeon - Shelter, the line "The church bells all were broken," along with the next three piano chords, in Don McLean - American Pie, and the moment the organ begins in Yes - I've Seen All Good People. The last one is made even more effective by this Neil Cicierega mashup.
sleampy
This one, every time.
Meah

high notes pitch up at the end part
Rurree
obligatory

Tornado
Too many to count dude.Here I will leave some of them only.

Rurree