forum

[Archived] osu crashing and deleting beatmaps randomly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pls step on me
Problem Details:

Every time (it started like 2-3 months ago) I open osu!, the "Change in beatmap folder detected" message pops although I didn't mess with the folder and sometimes random Beatmaps were deleted (really random ones, like sometimes the oldest ones, sometime a day old ones and sometimes new ones). Did try looking in the osu! folder after the beatmaps and did try the F5 button, nothing got the beatmaps back. Also, I play fullscreen and when I tab out, osu! will continue to play music in the background, but after clicking on the osu! button to go back, the game will just show a blackscreen, freeze and then crash.

Does someone have any clue what's going on ?

osu! version: 20170503.3beta

Edit: Ok, now osu! deleted a map while spectating, resulting in kicking me to the main menu. gg?
Full Tablet
How many maps do you have installed?

Do the beatmaps also disappear from the Songs folder, or only in the game client?
Lacrimosa
What's the error log you get after the game crashes? Check in the Event Viewer and paste the log here.
Topic Starter
pls step on me

Full Tablet wrote:

How many maps do you have installed?

Do the beatmaps also disappear from the Songs folder, or only in the game client?

1.673, and they disappear in both the folder and game
Topic Starter
pls step on me

Nikosbks wrote:

What's the error log you get after the game crashes? Check in the Event Viewer and paste the log here.

Where do I look for the Event Viewer ?
Lacrimosa
In your Windows search bar. Once you open it, go to Window Logs -> Application. There should something there.
Topic Starter
pls step on me

Nikosbks wrote:

In your Windows search bar. Once you open it, go to Window Logs -> Application. There should something there.

So, I got into the Application logs and there are only 4 Errors from osu! (.NET Runtime), and every error log is the same
(I translated the german words into english in brackets)

"Anwendung(Application): osu!.exe
Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
Beschreibung(Description): Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet. (The Process got stopped by an unhandled exception)"
Ausnahmeinformationen (exception information): System.Threading.AbandonedMutexException bei (at) Squirrel.SingleGlobalInstance.Finalize()"
Lacrimosa
That error log doesn't really help identifying the issue. Is this the log you got after the crash happened?

Also, try moving the osu!.db file out of your osu! folder, while osu! is closed. This will reprocess all your beatmaps and hopefully retrieve most, if not all, of your lost ones.
Topic Starter
pls step on me
Sorry but there is no other "error log", I found only this small error text. Also moving the .db file out of the osu! folder didn't retrieve any missing maps...