forum

[confirmed] Windows 10 Creator update Cursor & Raw Input issues.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dntm8kmeeatu
If you are using the latest Windows 10 "Creators" update, then you most likely are experiencing an issue with your Tablet peripheral not working as intended, or your cursor being stuck in the top left of your screen.

This seems to be an issue with Windows Ink & Raw input in the latest Windows update, as having Windows Ink and or Raw input enabled causes the cursor to not work for most.

Currently the only "fix" or workarounds are to;
  1. Disable Windows Ink
    Wacom Tablets / Huion H430P / Gaomon S620
    For Wacom / Huion H430P / Gaomon S620 Tablet Users, there should be a checkbox in your Tablet Driver settings to disable / enable Windows ink. You want to uncheck it.

For Wacom tablets, it is located in the Mapping section of your drivers:

For the Huion H430P and Gamon S620, it is located in the Digital Pen section of your drivers:

Huion / Other
    For Huion (excluding the H430P) or other Tablets, Please check for a "Support TabletPC" option or checkbox, disable it.

If the driver you are using does not have a checkbox toggle, you may have to follow the steps in the below box named Secondary Method. Just note, this will probably only work with very rare or outdated drivers / tablets. Please look for a Support TabletPC toggle instead. Or install the latest drivers.

Huion / Other Secondary Method TRY THE ABOVE BOX FIRST PLEASE

1. Find your tabletconfig.ini in your driver folder.
    2. Change SupportINKDisalbe to 0 (Disable) Might be different dependent on language.

Visual Representation courtesy of of pasi123567

If you don't have a Huion tablet, I'm sure the procedure should be similar. If you can't figure it out. Try Googling your Tablet and seeing if you can't find out the info there.
  2. Disable Raw Input
    If you are using a tablet, you should be keeping your sensitivity to 1x and disabling raw input ingame. If you wish to change your area, please use your tablets drivers to change the active area instead of changing sensitivity.

These "luckily" seem to work a good Majority of the time. If none work, please check the replies to this thread for any other potential fix. It's also possible your issue is caused by something else, and not this one specifically.

Do remember that having your sensitivity set to anything not 1x will force Raw Input, and so you will have to set your sensitivity to 1x.

If this messed up your Tablet Area, please change the active area in your Tablet Driver Settings instead of using Sensitivity ingame.

This thread serves to show this is a known current issue. Please do not post in this thread unless you have found another Workaround or "Fix", and or have some information that could be useful to this issue.

DO NOT BUMP THIS THREAD WITH "Thanks", "same", or "I have this issue too and none of the fixes work :(" If none of the fixes work, you can try making a new thread, as it's possible this is not your issue.

Curse you Windows 10.

Locked to prevent nonsensical replies, as the Information is still current as is THE FIX for the issue. If you still have trouble after attempting these steps, make a new thread.
pinapelz
Has there already been a fix for this other than those two options?
If not then would you be able to tell me approximately when will this be fixed?

Thanks
Topic Starter
Dntm8kmeeatu

pinapelz wrote:

Has there already been a fix for this other than those two options?
If not then would you be able to tell me approximately when will this be fixed?

Thanks
No other current "Fixes" exist, otherwise they would be listed.

peppy seems to be aware something is not quite right. No confirmed "fix" has been said to be in the works though. At least not in the old client, lazer could be another story. I can't say for sure though.
maksimkurb
Hi. If you don't want to disable and enable Windows Ink each time, you can add osu! application in Wacom settings and disable Windows Ink only for it:

There is a "+" button at the right side of applications list
Thildou-Ookami
Hey it might sound idiot, but how do you open the window you show about "Wacom" ?
I own a Wacom Tablet and I don't have the same "Wacom Tablet Properties" window !
Thank you if you can help me ^^
Topic Starter
Dntm8kmeeatu

Thildou-Ookami wrote:

Hey it might sound idiot, but how do you open the window you show about "Wacom" ?
I own a Wacom Tablet and I don't have the same "Wacom Tablet Properties" window !
Thank you if you can help me ^^
Just search "Wacom" on your computer, should look like this;
glissenning
ive turned supportinkdisable to 0 on my huionh420 already but it still does not work. It only does work if i turn off raw input, which is not what i want, is this the same for wacom tablets?
Topic Starter
Dntm8kmeeatu

GLIED wrote:

ive turned supportinkdisable to 0 on my huionh420 already but it still does not work. It only does work if i turn off raw input, which is not what i want, is this the same for wacom tablets?
Check the .ini for any other line entries mentioning Ink, apparently some drivers have two lines. If it doesn't, or the Windows Ink doesn't work. Disabling raw input is all you can do. I believe this is the same with Wacom Tablets.
Dani3lse
Additional for Huion: Disable the "supportTabletPC" checkbox in the main driver window. (on the 420)
(Can be called different due to Translation)
SylarPC
mY WACOM TABLET PROPERTIES DOSNT HAVE THAT OPTION
Dratornic

Dani3lse wrote:

Additional for Huion: Disable the "supportTabletPC" checkbox in the main driver window. (on the 420)
(Can be called different due to Translation)
Thanks Dude! :)
tamakama
If I don't have a graphics tablet driver or settings, and use the windows 8. 1 +, I can't fix the error?
Topic Starter
Dntm8kmeeatu

tamakama wrote:

If I don't have a graphics tablet driver or settings, and use the windows 8. 1 +, I can't fix the error?
I don't believe Windows 8.1 should even have this error.
clefairy_old_1
I have this problem with my Bamboo Capture and I don't have the option to disable Windows Ink in my tablet settings?
tamakama
I have this problem, so... :/ He started just after the update
JSE

tamakama wrote:

I have this problem, so... :/ He started just after the update
You can't be running Windows 8.1 and have this issue, as it was due to an update to Windows Ink in the creators update. Any issue you're having if you're running anything older than Windows 10 creators update is a different issue.
BlueCMoon
I solved this error with things that were said in this forum, so this is an example of this working for somebody. I use a Monoprice 10x6.25 which is pretty much just a Huion. I disabled windows ink and unchecked "supportTabletPC" and now it works properly. So anyone with a Huion or Huion re-brand do those two things and you should be fine. :) If that doesn't work then I dunno. >~<
RubMyBabied
For Huion Tablets (or at least the H420) you can open the Graphic Tablet (which should be in your hidden taskbar) and disable Support TabletPC. It fixed for me.
DivineBakaYato_
This fix didn't work
Terrmmy
what if my Wacom Tablet Properties doesn't have the Windows Ink feature?
Topic Starter
Dntm8kmeeatu

Terrmmy wrote:

what if my Wacom Tablet Properties doesn't have the Windows Ink feature?
Then switch to Drivers that do, or disable raw input.
Leozinho
I unchecked the "tabletPC support" option in the Huion 420 settings menu, this worked for me
show more