Rhythm Rookie
1 posts
Lol I'm making the first bank account and Visa card in my life just for ordering this keypad!! How can I wait for the shipping come to South Korea very far from you!!!

I appreciate for making these great stuffs :)
Star Shooter
183 posts
Giveaway
This month's giveaway ends today, so join now if you haven't already! There will be another one starting within the next few days for a keypad that I think is even cooler, so don't be too disappointed if you don't win because I'm still shooting for a giveaway every month.
https://gleam.io/6ztMZ/limited-edition- ... d-giveaway

Development

The Future Tone controller is mostly done! Parts are on the way for a first non-prototype model. I started this in November so I'm happy to finally see it coming to fruition.

In the mean time, I want to start development on a 7-key and/or 9-key keypad. I got a request for a 7 key macropad a few weeks ago so that will be first on the list. I'd also like to try making a keypad with a tilted top because I just realized I could do that.

The common code is coming along very nicely. I'm using PlatformIO instead of the Arduino IDE because they finally fixed 32U4 HID support (which was previously only able to work on the OS it was compiled on.) It supports setting build flags through different environments, so it's super easy to upload code to a specific keypad by just selecting the right model. It's still compatible with the Arduino IDE and will just require uncommenting the line for your model rather than selecting the environment. tl;dr there isn't really a huge difference, but it'll be a lot easier for me to update the code for all of the keypads at the same time.

I've also started development on a new GUI remapper. It'll take a while.

khw316 wrote:
Lol I'm making the first bank account and Visa card in my life just for ordering this keypad!! How can I wait for the shipping come to South Korea very far from you!!!

I appreciate for making these great stuffs :)

That's awesome, thanks for the words of encouragement!
I make keypads, check them out [here]

i almost dont suck at the game
Rhythm Rookie
4 posts
My RGB 2x1 is amazing, the flat keycaps + the gateron red switches are way better for my acc than my keyboard with cherry reds. Love it.
Rhythm Rookie
2 posts
I have a few questions. any plans for 8x1? are you sure arduino has less input latency than "normal" boards? how do you test a polling rate on a keyboard? have you tried to get a wholesale price on those parts? are the keycaps ABS or PBT?
Star Shooter
183 posts
Update 8/5/17

Hello all! It's time for my bi-monthly update. There's not too much to talk about, but a few semi-important announcements.

Vacation

I'll be on vacation in Japan next week from the 9th to the 15th, so the shop will be down while I'm gone. I'll be putting it on vacation mode probably on Monday or Tuesday to give myself enough time to fulfill all open orders and get them out before I go. If anyone's going to comiket, look for the dude wearing the shirt with a dog on it with man hands.

Dev Blog

I now have a development blog! I've been wanting to have somewhere to post all development stuff that isn't here so I don't have to bump my thread every time I have an update on something that isn't even osu related. I'll still be posting here (probably at the same frequency as I do now,) but the blog will be more frequent and in depth for non osu-related projects. Check it out here! http://blog.thnikk.moe/

If you'd like to follow the blog and see updates, you can either follow me on twitter or use a service like feedly with http://blog.thnikk.moe/feed .

Future Tone Controller Update

I wrote up a small post on the current status of the FT Controller that you can read on the blog. tl;dr it's almost done but I still have some very small things to fix and I'm hoping to have it up the week I get back.

Piefayth wrote:
My RGB 2x1 is amazing, the flat keycaps + the gateron red switches are way better for my acc than my keyboard with cherry reds. Love it.

I'm glad you like it! I'm really happy to hear the people like the flat keycaps.

dpulsar wrote:
I have a few questions. any plans for 8x1? are you sure arduino has less input latency than "normal" boards? how do you test a polling rate on a keyboard? have you tried to get a wholesale price on those parts? are the keycaps ABS or PBT?

not-a-Q) I have a few questions.

A) Okay.

Q) any plans for 8x1?

A) Not immediately since I still have some other things I'd like to make first, but I do think it would be nice. Unfortunately, despite having a larger printer now, I am still running into issues printing larger parts with the new printer so I'll probably have to figure that out first. I can't give an ETA for selling it, but I should have an update around the end of the month with what the top priority will be.

Q) are you sure arduino has less input latency than "normal" boards? how do you test a polling rate on a keyboard?

A) I don't think using an Arduino will necessarily get you lower latency, especially since there's a 1000hz cap on USB 2.0 and there are diminishing returns beyond that anyway. I don't mean for the polling rate to be a selling point over other mechanical keyboards, but if latency is an issue for you have a crap-tastic $10 keyboard, it will be an upgrade. Some people will definitely notice more than others though and I would say it probably doesn't even factor in unless you're top ~30k.

To be clear, I haven't actually tested the USB polling rate because I think it's unnecessary (and I don't have the equipment to do so.) The 32U4 uses USB 2.0 so it supports 1000hz and the code itself runs fast enough to fit well within that. Try adding a counter to the loop and check it every second and you'll see it get up to ~10k, so there shouldn't be any issues there. It should only be a problem with the interface used, like the Adafruit Trinket that uses bit-banging on the Attiny85 for USB which limits it to 1.1 speeds (and subsequently is limited to 8ms/125hz.)

To actually test the polling rate, you'd probably want to use an oscilloscope, but you'd also need a bit more extensive knowledge of how the USB protocol works.

Q) have you tried to get a wholesale price on those parts?

A) No disrespect meant to you, but I'd rather not answer this since it invites a lot of discourse I'd rather not get into. To answer it anyway, I do buy what I can in bulk and when I'm able to save money, I do my best to pass those savings onto you and drop the price a bit.

Q) are the keycaps ABS or PBT?

A) Neither, they are PLA. I am considering switching to a different material at some point, but PLA hasn't been a problem so far. I do still offer ABS/PBT keycaps through the separate keycap listing, though.
I make keypads, check them out [here]

i almost dont suck at the game
Reply 575 posts jump | prev  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39