forum

Rate the Mapping Technique - Penetration Sliders

posted
Total Posts

Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 (Read post before answering)

5 - Love them!
36.67%
31.11%
20.00%
5.56%
1 - Hate them!
6.67%
Total votes: 90
Topic Starter
Sonnyc
Penetration Sliders

Slider that penetrates through the previous slider. Combination along a curve slider and a linear slider is the most frequent format of this technique, but other combinations are possible to make a stylish outcome. Krisom Crosses will be one of the standardized version of penetration sliders.

Bara-
These are like one of my favorite patterns to use if the music is 3/2. Both sliders are 1/1, with a 1/2 gap between them

OT: That Blanket makes me cringe...
Endaris
lewd
Personally I don't like them too much because in the standard cases such as your first example (using them to make a blanket) they heavily support slider leniency abuse which I oftentimes dislike as it favors optics over cursormovements that might be cooler for that spot.
Second example is really cool though.
Caput Mortuum
I thought it already have a name. Called bow sliders
Pituophis
I like penetration more.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
Metaku
Penetration sliders sound lewd so I like it. (Also the technique is nice anyway)
HappyRocket88
Didn't it exist another way to call them? XD
Topic Starter
Sonnyc

HappyRocket88 wrote:

Didn't it exist another way to call them? XD
Really? Never heard of an actual term so far x.x
Underforest

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pachiru
In my opinion, it's a creative idea that can open your mapping into the grid, and it can give a lot of possibilities in case of getting stuck in the corner of the grid for exemple

If kids only notice the "Penetration" word, you can call it "Cross Sliders" or "Overleap sliders"? o/
Topic Starter
Sonnyc

Pachiru wrote:

In my opinion, it's a creative idea that can open your mapping into the grid, and it can give a lot of possibilities in case of getting stuck in the corner of the grid for exemple

If kids only notice the "Penetration" word, you can call it "Cross Sliders" or "Overleap sliders"? o/
t/31404

Just noticed that this kind of slider includes under the concept of "Cutting Sliders". But still, I believe this concept has got a more limited condition to stand as a specific one.
D33d
I remember when these were called "slider cutters." B)