forum

[Archived] Osu! crashs, then updates and crashs again

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
__Phantomhive__
Problem Details: Okay my problem is that when I want to open osu! it crashs and a window opens which says "Osu! Crashed , restart osu! , report an issue".
When I press "restart osu!" the osu! updater starts and updates my game and after that the game starts and crashs again.
This happens everytime I try to start osu!.
I use windows 10.
Error Code:( It says that an illegal sign is in the path. )
Code
System.ArgumentException: Illegales Zeichen im Pfad.
bei System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path, Boolean checkAdditional)
bei System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
bei #=qmc6$nA8Oo9wZQCdXAYORdWBM5c2Oitn15bMJD329sIZkmQcqZ_EJpuyRUk7zhFZM.#=qxNWQNRJIvYKRMvb2ZcJs6K5gzlqFBCtQPplotvuk8QA=()
bei #=q4A1acTjygGvWgYR$biyJfSSfh6G2BReZReccJ$lOCnr73$E7BfaoVJNrgGU74B_8.#=qCrTGbTfYwqWGPhhjI_4qLg==.#=qMkBEFoQ_Vpz_9qNy9n8NU7AstuUYHHAh6VUxriLP8Mk=(#=qmc6$nA8Oo9wZQCdXAYORdWBM5c2Oitn15bMJD329sIZkmQcqZ_EJpuyRUk7zhFZM #=qSzHMCIFZEQ208DOHbu1gfw==)
bei System.Collections.Generic.List`1.FindAll(Predicate`1 match)
bei #=q4A1acTjygGvWgYR$biyJfSSfh6G2BReZReccJ$lOCnr73$E7BfaoVJNrgGU74B_8.#=qnOVL0j_hTVCs26wXwbxEEBXh9znAjhORvaYeX707cnQ=()
bei #=q4A1acTjygGvWgYR$biyJfSSfh6G2BReZReccJ$lOCnr73$E7BfaoVJNrgGU74B_8.#=qE1jnnSbyUOkE_MYgOPydLg==()
bei #=q4A1acTjygGvWgYR$biyJfSSfh6G2BReZReccJ$lOCnr73$E7BfaoVJNrgGU74B_8.#=qZKc8iyv3tEZZ1Zvrrap9Hw==(Boolean #=qzUS$OZr1N_1TZt4iqNDanA==)
bei #=qHvVLYFFQ8KQAlo7cWsr24g==.#=qZKc8iyv3tEZZ1Zvrrap9Hw==()
bei #=q8$wN4rC7LrpZ72hH264w74DbEeMUIR7qonYx7Qng_5Q=.#=qi5rHNmni90DFfn8hliGCuw==()
bei #=qWhG_1APPHwGFZ8mpSyETPQ==.#=q1h15cbGQvsP12oKrnkJHpQ==(String #=qCg1DMy0Gz9DiQGmbpS3ahg==, Boolean #=qtjpZmH7VftxlyGKNk9jl0UmNhJKJJDZt3nRG42Fq_a8=, Boolean #=qEx01jOZxqSkCCrQLyQEzeA==)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170503.4 (latest) Before the problem occured I had the latest version.
Lacrimosa
There seems to be illegal characters in osu!'s file path. Illegal characters are / ? < > \ : * | " and any character you can type with the Ctrl key.
Topic Starter
__Phantomhive__
Ok, thank you. But how can I fix this ?
Lacrimosa
Move your osu! folder somewhere else.

It's recommended to move it to either C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Local\

or to C:\Program Files(x86)\
Topic Starter
__Phantomhive__

Nikosbks wrote:

Move your osu! folder somewhere else.

It's recommended to move it to either C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Local\

or to C:\Program Files(x86)\
It is at AppData\Local .
Lacrimosa
Try moving it to C:\Program Files(x86)\
Topic Starter
__Phantomhive__
I tried but it didn't work either. It crashed, updated and crashed like it did before. I'll reinstall Osu! now; ,maybe that's gonna work.
But thanks for your help. :)