forum

[Archived] Won't change out of Fallback mode!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pepiii
Every time I try to switch to the stable latest version it always switches me back to the fallback version. And because of that, the client won't connect to bancho!
Dntm8kmeeatu
Can you post your computer specs? Does the update.log show an error?
Topic Starter
Pepiii
I have a Intel(R) Atam(TM) CPU N280 @1.66GHz 1.67GHz, 1 GB of RAM, and a 32-bit operating system. It doesn't show an error, it says that osu! is up to date and then I have to sign in again. After that it works for one game and then it automatically disconnects me.
nibs

Sketchy_biznich wrote:

I have a Intel(R) Atam(TM) CPU N280 @1.66GHz 1.67GHz, 1 GB of RAM, and a 32-bit operating system. It doesn't show an error, it says that osu! is up to date and then I have to sign in again. After that it works for one game and then it automatically disconnects me.
If you're using Windows XP, you can't use a release stream other than fallback because .NET framework 4.5 isn't available on Windows XP.

Open your osu!.(computer username).cfg file located in the folder where osu! is installed (usually AppData) and remove the lines that have "Username=" and "Password=", and delete the "osu!.cfg" file (NOT the one that you just edited!), then restart osu! and you should be able to login and play normally.
Topic Starter
Pepiii
It still wont work.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Can you provide your Graphics chipset? or GPU?
Topic Starter
Pepiii
I have a Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family