forum

[Archived] Confused on how to get 1 difficulty map ranked.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ne0ku
Hi,

Just finished mapping a Marathon map (Uta - Imperial Circus Dead Decadance) and I know that you need 2 difficulties to get ranked. I'm confused at how some other marathon maps only have 1 difficulty but have been ranked.

Any help would be so appreciated.

Thanks,
ne0ku

Link to map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/602447
(my map needs modding if anyone wants to :D - can M4M)
Lacrimosa
If the map is over 5 minutes, it's considered as a marathon (afaik) and therefore can be approved. Only marathons can be ranked with one difficulty.
o x
The drain time has to be 5 minutes or above meaning the time you play the map without breaks needs to be 5 minutes.
Topic Starter
ne0ku

Nikosbks wrote:

If the map is over 5 minutes, it's considered as a marathon (afaik) and therefore can be approved. Only marathons can be ranked with one difficulty.
Hi,

Thank you for responding. I understand that they get ranked because they're a Marathon map. But I am confused on how to upload it, as it says you need at least 2 difficulties.

Thanks.
Ayesha Altugle
most of the marathons can be submitted in the WIP section due to the fact that it only has 1 diff. So it is completely normal for a marathon to be in the wip section instead of the pending section. You can still ask mods like normal like here.

t/564433
Topic Starter
ne0ku

Shizuku- wrote:

most of the marathons can be submitted in the WIP section due to the fact that it only has 1 diff. So it is completely normal for a marathon to be in the wip section instead of the pending section. You can still ask mods like normal like here.

t/564433
Ah, thank you! :)

very nice map btw :D