forum

[Archived] Using WACOM CINTIQ to play OSU (HELP?!/TIPS?)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AngelAceX
Problem Details: WARNING: IM A NOOB AND HAVE A LOT OF QUESTIONS SO PLEASE BARE WITH ME :cry: :cry: :( :?

So I've been playing Osu standard for about 10 months now and I've been used to tapping alone on screen.
Recently a person who wanted to play with me suggested using the z and x button to click beats and use the cursor as a lead
and yes! I usually played alone so i never figured it out til he told me.

I can apparently do good with hard mode but I cant do insane mode when i use that method due to the fact I have to
Hover? and when i do I either accidentally tap it and miss, cant follow it since its too fast or it misses cuz the screen doesnt sense when i hover since its not close enough :(

my primary questions are:
1) Is there any other way for me to get better in using the keys while hovering? perhaps a way to make the detection for the distance of ur pen touching the screen farther and stronger?
2) How do you tap fast incoming circles with the z and x keys? I've tried searching gameplays online but cant seem to find one clear enough.
3)Streaming? How do you tap the streams using z and x? do you take turns with the keys,repeat a key then switch to another etc???
4) How do you rank up and surpass others ?? is it by how many times you played? how many SS,S, or A you earn??
5) How could you tell if a song can give u higher pts?? or idk how u call it. :(

I Hope you guys could help me and pls do add me! I want to make friends on here and chat >~< love lots in advance <3 <3 :lol: :D :)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170404.2 (latest)
kai99

AngelAceX wrote:

1) Is there any other way for me to get better in using the keys while hovering? perhaps a way to make the detection for the distance of ur pen touching the screen farther and stronger?
To my knowledge, unfortunately not; the distance depends on the ability of your device and is not a software-controlled setting.

2) How do you tap fast incoming circles with the z and x keys? I've tried searching gameplays online but cant seem to find one clear enough.
You're supposed to go zx or zxz. If they're too fast, you're probably playing a map too hard for you.
Play more is the only advice I can give. I'm sorry.

3)Streaming? How do you tap the streams using z and x? do you take turns with the keys,repeat a key then switch to another etc???
See answer above.

4) How do you rank up and surpass others ?? is it by how many times you played? how many SS,S, or A you earn??
There's a special system. https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Performance_Points
Basically, there are ranked maps that are checked by the Beatmap Nomination Group. These are the maps available for points, and they are marked in-game with a heart on the upper left hand side.
pp of a song is determined by its difficulty, to be simple. The harder the map, the more pp available.
However, the actual amount of pp you gain depends on how well you play the map. SS is the most desirable (gives most pp), but S or A is fine as well.
Again, that is a general description and details can be found in the post above.

5) How could you tell if a song can give u higher pts?? or idk how u call it. :(
Check post above. You can check your profile to see how much pp you have.
Lastly, I believe these kinds of posts could be posted here or here. Welcome to forums!