forum

[Archived] Getting weird sliders/hit circles

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
town
Problem Details:

In various maps I have been getting these weird sliders/hit circles. It looks distracting and I dont know what to do. Anyone got the same problem? Or a fix?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170404.2 (latest)
Lacrimosa
Something's wrong with your skin's settings. Can you share the skin so we can take a look at it?
Topic Starter
town
Lacrimosa
Now that's a really messed up skin. Tried multiple things and changed a few settings in the skin.ini but I can't seem to be able to fix this. The source of the issue is the default-0 to 9 files, though.
Lyawi
It's because you have circles in the number images. Let me try to explain that:
You should use default-0 until default-9 for your numbers. Your problem will always appear when a combo is a two-digit number. It will create combo 10 by putting default-1 and default-0 next to each other. And because you also have a circle around the number and that's why it displays it twice. You can solve it by using only numbers for the default- files. For the circles, you should use hitcircle and hitcircleoverlay.
Lacrimosa

Lyawi wrote:

It's because you have circles in the number images. Let me try to explain that:
You should use default-0 until default-9 for your numbers. Your problem will always appear when a combo is a two-digit number. It will create combo 10 by putting default-1 and default-0 next to each other. And because you also have a circle around the number and that's why it displays it twice. You can solve it by using only numbers for the default- files. For the circles, you should use hitcircle and hitcircleoverlay.
Oh, I had completely forgotten that you were unable to use the default-0 to 9 files with hitcircles in them unless the hitcircle and hitcircleoverlay files were blank.
Lyawi

Nikosbks wrote:

unless the hitcircle and hitcircleoverlay files were blank.
Even then.
Topic Starter
town
Still confused with what to do for the files
Lyawi
Use these. Make sure their names are default-0 until default-9, replace them in your skin and press ctrl+shift+alt+s in osu!