forum

[Archived] Is learning hovering worth it ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Kuhaku]
Hey guys,

As I bought the tablet around 1 and a half year ago I was inspired by top players ( well actually only by cookiezi and happystick ^^) to hover. For me there was actually no other choice but to do like they did ( sad but true :( ). As I got used to the tablet, my brain started to mature a little bit and realized that I don't have to play like my favorite proplayers do. I changed from hovering to dragging, because it was easier for me to balance the weight of the pen and my hand on the actuall pen. Now after around 1 year playing I realized that I have serious issues in terms of hitting particular jump patterns or rather having a free movement. It's not like I don't have any improvement at all in Osu!, but it feels like there is a border that I can not overcome because of anatomic reasons.
Today I tried to hover after a very long time. It felt very good and free for the first 10 minutes, because I didn't have this movement blockade,. Ofc I was rather shaky and streams weren't as easy as I was dragging, but I think this is something i can get used to. But after 15 minutes it became clear why I stopped hovering : I literally got a cramp in my hand and it did really hurt xD

So I ask you: Do you maybe have any experience like that ? I think hovering would certainly help me in progressing but I also don't want to kill my hand. Is it worth trying to get used to it or try other grips ? Or should I just keep on dragging ?

Ps: I know there have been a lot topics about dragging/hovering, but I'd really like to hear oppinions on my particular problem. I tried to search something like that, but couldn't find a very similar topic. (Im sorry if I oversaw something. I'd be glad if you would post the link then)
Caput Mortuum
Help is for technical issues.
Gameplay related discussions go to Gameplay & Rankings.

If you're comfortable with dragging, sure, just keep doing that.
o x
It's all about personal preference
Sandy Hoey
It hurts because you arent usd to using the muscles in your hand to support the pen like that. You are used to allowing the weight of the pen to rest of the tablet. It is just like lifting weights, you get sore quickly in the beginning, just keep working through it if you think it will make you better and make playing more fun and the soreness will stop