forum

[Archived] Confusing Aimbot-like Bug/Issue

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheMewleficent
Problem Details:
Hey there, osu! community. I've come here to basically beg you on my hands and knees to help me. For the past three months, I've been trying to fix an aiming bug that may have something to do with osu! or with my drivers. At this point, I just don't know anymore. To describe the problem simply, when I'm playing a beatmap, my mouse (or tablet or whatever I'm using, it does it with all devices) will just like... auto-aim onto the sliders and notes? Like it'll just jump around the screen to where it thinks it's supposed to go. I have no idea what could be causing it, and honestly it's kind of impossible? I don't know what the hell is going on. It's like the notes suck my cursor onto them, which obviously really messes with your built up aim and game sense if it tries to do everything for you. Sometimes it doesn't even hit the note, it hits right above it. It's like I'm fighting the game to play the game. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling mouse and tablet drivers, keyboard drivers, osu! itself, various settings like changing to raw input and sensitivity to 1x... I've even gone so far as to have a friend zip up their ENTIRE OSU folder (.exe, songs, skins and all) and send it to me... nothing, and I mean nothing has helped, and it only does it on osu! and osu! related games (i.e. osu!Lazer is affected as well).

The internet has offered no answers for me as well, as most people who have posted about it never found a resolution or if they did, they didn't post it. They'd post in the forums looking for help, and people would tell them that it's just impossible and they're just imagining that it's happening. That it's not really auto-aiming. If that's what you're here to tell me, you might as well just give up. If you don't believe me, then there's nothing I can do to change your mind so just leave me to suffer lmao.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I've tried basically everything short of just wiping my PC completely and trying it then. I didn't make any hardware or software changes before it started happening, it just started acting up one day and I've never managed to fix it since. If no one has any answers for me, then I have no choice but to straight up quit playing, because I just can't fix it and I can't play like this. Please, for the love of all that is haitai, please help me. I love osu! and want nothing more than to go back to playing it the way it's meant to be played, but I'm at the end of my rope here. I don't know what to do anymore.

Hardware Tested:
Razer Mamba TE
Razer BW Chroma
Wacom Pen and Touch Gen 1
Generic $5 Wireless Wal-Mart Mouse
Generic $10 Wireless Wal-Mart Keyboard

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://youtu.be/k_EGDTQ4yLY (in case it won't load embedded)

Please ignore how horrendous I am at the game. I've only gotten worse and worse over the months with my inability to play the game correctly, plus trying to fight the game just to aim correctly is not exactly the easiest thing to do. You can really see the bug in action on large jumps (especially during the song starting at 2:50) where I just seemingly snap to them very rapidly (something, at my skill level, I'd be highly unlikely to do, especially this out of practice).

osu! version: 20170404.2 (latest)
o x
So you are saying that your cursor is moving on it's own? It seems really odd. I watched the video you linked and I don't see anything wrong. Can you point out where in the video this happens? Have you tried playing on a different PC? Honestly I can't think of anything being wrong I just think you have to get used to it.
Topic Starter
TheMewleficent

wwwww_ wrote:

So you are saying that your cursor is moving on it's own? It seems really odd. I watched the video you linked and I don't see anything wrong. Can you point out where in the video this happens? Have you tried playing on a different PC? Honestly I can't think of anything being wrong I just think you have to get used to it.
Yes. If you see 2:50, the mouse seemingly jumps to the jumps in that song with lightning accuracy, which I'm very, very incapable of. I have tried playing it on a different PC, and on which I have no problem. There's no getting used to your cursor having a mind of it's own. :/
Sandy Hoey
Even at that time, nothing weird looks like it is happening. Try turning off enhanced pointer precision (mouse acceleration), which may cause your mouse to move differently than you think it should.
Topic Starter
TheMewleficent

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Even at that time, nothing weird looks like it is happening. Try turning off enhanced pointer precision (mouse acceleration), which may cause your mouse to move differently than you think it should.
Enhanced pointer precision has always been off by default. I know I can't convince you it's happening, you'll just have to take my word for it. Those jumps at the song at 2:50 would never, ever have been possible for me this out of practice. Call me crazy, say it's just my imagination, whatever, but you know when something's off about your aim. Nothing is worse than trying to play a song and having your cursor snap all over the place, ruining your built up aim, and effectively failing you because you either over or under aim.
Glowix
It happens to me, too. Although I have bent my USB cord a bit, my mouse glitches ever so often, even outside the game (but not as frequently in osu). My prediction is that there is something wrong with the mouse/tablet specficially, and try checking your USB cord if too many things are plugged in.
Topic Starter
TheMewleficent
Bumping this, since I'm still hopeful that one day, someone will be able to help me. Thank you to all who offered suggestions so far.
Reckless
Hmmm, I'd assume uninstalling, updating and reinstalling the drivers and osu would fix this. Does it only do things when your playing a beat map? Does the cursor ever move around on its own when you're not using it, or is it only when you are moving it? Is it possible for you to record yourself playing?(Gameplay/handcam).
Topic Starter
TheMewleficent

Reckless wrote:

Hmmm, I'd assume uninstalling, updating and reinstalling the drivers and osu would fix this. Does it only do things when your playing a beat map? Does the cursor ever move around on its own when you're not using it, or is it only when you are moving it? Is it possible for you to record yourself playing?(Gameplay/handcam).
I've already done this (multiple times, in fact) to no avail, unfortunately. Yes, it only happens when I'm playing a beatmap on Osu. Doesn't happen for any other game or outside of a game. And I have the gameplay footage linked, but unfortunately I don't have a camera to record the hand footage.
Sandy Hoey
You don't have a phone or anything? Seeing a video of your hand during the gameplay can help us located the exact movements of the cursor that don't correlate to your hand movements
Reckless
You should record it with your phone. Or even get someone to record you playing. Not that I don't believe you but a video would really help.
tpswil
Is the 5.11-5.12 part of the video what you meant?

There are times where my pc freezes and the mouse input is not recognized but it occurs rarely for me