forum

[Archived] Can't find the name of Intel ICD OpenGL driver

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Adventium_
Problem Details:

I installed osu! on a new computer, but whenever I try to start osu! I get an error saying "Can't find the name of Intel ICD OpenGL driver" which opens twice, and then osu! crashes.

The wierd thing is, it was working fine on the first launch after installation. I downloaded a skin, which ran it fine again, and then made a few modifications (replaced some of the sounds with blank files). Now it won't launch. I have tried changing the skin back to default in the cfg file, but it didn't change anything.

Crash report:
SPOILER
OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: [EGL] Failed to create window surface, error BAD_NATIVE_WINDOW.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo.CreateWindowSurface(IntPtr config)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=q2SMadebqkrLZ0214YI$0Xrf5Hj3aJQ91FPjWfY0E3RAz8PalT4OorNkEG1vCKqTH.#=qJPWt1d71Zbnl4cM_PY4clg==(Int32 #=q$biS$UIyB2Nry6r2OjmGBw==, Int32 #=qkcGD04hS_lLY$ugLByN4nw==, GraphicsContextFlags #=qoyGQl4absYBZfoYoAPS5yQ==)
at #=qLC8IssNRbfofYwfEvpIGp8pBBFSZ$5yi$7QBIat1BtKCzts89NfBq3bgavXp4UTO.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=qcQDIHPF162VKp_fqrpvaTA==)
at #=q66mSFf3_5oQut8vIRdtHuupK0U24uGSay7rROgBFIWH8Pjpd__JgcbNRNfNk3166.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=qcQDIHPF162VKp_fqrpvaTA==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at #=qQM8BHAA_6I8teoIJULz_b50hQf9RWKdE7O27ClDydto=.WndProc(Message& #=qRTIEhv56uZfEwz$rloCs1A==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

osu! version: 20170404.2 (latest)
Sandy Hoey
Try this

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

This is only a Temporary workaround.

Go into your osu!.PCNAME.cfg file and change Fullscreen from 1 to 0. Save, and then relaunch osu!

Playing without fullscreen is normally not recommended due to how Windows forces DWM buffering and creates a feeling of input delay.

If you are 7 or Vista, you can disable this by disabling the Windows Aero theme. It's completely forced on 8 and 10 and cannot be disabled.
Topic Starter
Adventium_
Thanks for the quick response!

This worked, but of course if there is a non-temporary solution I would love to know since not playing if fullscreen sucks
Dntm8kmeeatu

Adventium_ wrote:

Thanks for the quick response!

This worked, but of course if there is a non-temporary solution I would love to know since not playing if fullscreen sucks
Last time I check intel was "investigating" this possible issue. So be on the lookout for driver updates and whatnot
caydee_e
im having this problem now as well, is there a permanent fix for this now?