forum

[Archived] CTRL+W closing Internet browser also closing osu! tabs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Timorisu
Problem Details: Pretty simple stuff. If you use CTRL+W to close a single tab but instead close the browser because you only had one tab open, osu! will also close the chat tab you're currently on (if it's the program to come into focus after closing your browser).

Video or screenshot showing the problem: Nuh. But to recreate this do the following:
1. Open osu!
2. Open Chrome (not sure if this also happens on other browsers)
3. Close all tabs except for one if more than one are open
4. Switch back to osu! and then back to Chrome, so that your game would come in focus when you close Chrome.
5. Close the last open tab with CTRL+W
6. Now your current osu! chat tab should also close even though the game was not in focus

osu! version: 20170222.3 (latest)
Akali
Fix please my tabs close everytime I try to type ℱ𝓪𝓷𝓬𝔂 𝓦𝓣ℱ
Deivedux
To be honest, this is normal behavior for any program, not only for osu. If you close any program, the last program that was active before will be a focus. So not only ctrl+w does this, even if you try other buttons and/or shortcuts such as escape will also work.

I don't k know about for others, but on my end it is totally normal behavior for any program, regardless if the window is minimized or not, the previous active program will always have an active area for itself after you close a program after it.
Lacrimosa
That's already been reported a few times, however, no actions have been taken.

t/219078
t/471191
t/451077

By the way, can you give us more information about this issue. (What browser are you using, is your osu! client on windowed or fullscreen mode? etc.)

I'm using Google Chrome and osu! is in fullscreen mode, but I encounter no issue whatsoever.