forum

[Archived] OpenGL ES Error

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lunastarhuygen
[/img]I factory reset my computer about a month ago,before the reset everything was fine but after the reset i got this OpenGL ES Error.
HELP ME OUT PLEASE I HAVE READ ANOTHER POST RELATED TO THIS BUT I STILL DK HOW TO FIX ;-; :( :( :( :(

Windows 10
Graphics Card : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 960M
Processor : Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ Processor (Quad Core 6th Gen)
Dntm8kmeeatu
What is the error exactly?

Did you install your graphics drivers?
sangu

I recently got the same error with identical chips, an I7-6700HQ and NVidea 960M. I found that I began to get the error shortly after Intel updated the driver for my integrated 530 graphics. (Update was pushed on January 11, 2017)

The work around that I found is to go into device manager and roll back the driver for the Intel 530 graphics. Once I did that, osu! functioned normally. It's not an optimal solution, but it was the best I could find until Intel pushes another update.
-Kanzaki
So looks like you run the game with your cpu's integrated graphics but since you have a good gpu i would recommend to use the gpu instead for better performance. To do it go to nvidia control panel --> Manage 3D settings (from left side) --> Program settings --> Select program(osu) to customize or manually add it if you cant find it there --> Select your Nvidia graphics card under "preferred graphics processor" instead of the default “auto-select”
Kao

sangu wrote:

[...]
The work around that I found is to go into device manager and roll back the driver for the Intel 530 graphics. Once I did that, osu! functioned normally. It's not an optimal solution, but it was the best I could find until Intel pushes another update.
The same solution can be found here t/519910
Dongchi
Thanks for advice, peoples!

I had same problem, but I solved it!!^^
nha1998monkey
can you show me the way that i can fix it? thank you very much
SkySlasher20
I had the same problem too but I found out an easy way to fix it. You have the same graphics driver as me so this will make it easier. If you have previously went to the NVIDIA control panel and set the preferred to the NVIDIA driver that's the problem. You need to go to the NVIDIA control panel, manage 3D settings, program settings, add, then find your osu! application and click on that. Then select the preferred graphics driver as integrated graphics. You see, if its set to use the NVIDIA graphics then osu! can't find OpenGL and then it crashes. Hope this helps!
Pawsu
Avoid bumping archived threads. Please make a new thread if you have an issue.