forum

Switch to tablet as a left-hander?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xenorita
So I recently got a tablet into the house and tried playing with it. It felt really good and spinners became my favorite thing suddenly but there´s one big problem: I played the game for 15 month with mouse in the right hand. The problem isn´t the mouse/pad though but that my hand I used to click y/z has to change with that as well. And my right hand can´t mash as fast or do it in the rhythm or anything.
So I wanted to ask if theres any left-hander here that had the same problem and may have a solution?
Phx

Xenorita wrote:

So I recently got a tablet into the house and tried playing with it. It felt really good and spinners became my favorite thing suddenly but there´s one big problem: I played the game for 15 month with mouse in the right hand. The problem isn´t the mouse/pad though but that my hand I used to click y/z has to change with that as well. And my right hand can´t mash as fast or do it in the rhythm or anything.
So I wanted to ask if theres any left-hander here that had the same problem and may have a solution?
If you can play right handed mouse shouldn't you be able to play right handed tablet?
Sandy Hoey

Phx_Blaster007 wrote:

If you can play right handed mouse shouldn't you be able to play right handed tablet?
Its different because it is as if you are writing. Even if you are left handed, you often use right handed mice because they are much more common. That does not not mean you can write with your right hand.

I am not left handed, so I can't completely tell you for sure, but you cannot go wrong with just pressing through. Because it is new, you are still going to have to get used to it. But know that your right hand will eventually catch up and be able to do what your left hand could. Although you may have to go play easier maps for a while
vinnicci
Disillusionz
Don't overthink it. I'm a left handed tablet player and use the 2 and 3 keys on the number pad as my z and x. I played with the mouse in my right hand the first 2 or so weeks but I like the tablet a lot better. You get better with tapping over time. The only "solution" is to play more.

Phx_Blaster007 wrote:

Xenorita wrote:

That's not how it works. How do left handed people learn to drive stick? Muscle memory. I study in the computer field and I've met literally hundreds of left handed people. NONE of them use a mouse with their left hand because it would be ridiculously inconvenient. But that doesn't change the fact that you're left handed so learning to use other things with your right hand takes time to get used to.
Attenox
Only way to fix that is you play more till you get better speed in your other hand you're tapping with. That's all about it. But if u played mouse 15 months that might be pretty hard.
Edgar_Figaro
One thing you could try is playing songs with autopilot turned on so you can focus on tapping with the right hand. Alternatively playing a gamemode like Mania 4K or Taiko will give rhythmic and tapping experience for your right hand.
Yukitemi
When I switched to tablet I didn't switched hands ether. Mmm, simply because I didn't want to relearn how to stream again. Sooo I'm still using my right hand for cursor and left for tapping. perfectly fine by me.
Suzushi
I had the same problem, but i was playing like 6 months with mouse in my right hand, and i couldnt do spinners, i had like 160 RPM ...
When I got my tablet (in my left hand) I could do spinners a lot better (like 360RPM) but taping was nightmare, I had to relearn everything, but it was for the best I think, becouse in 1,5 month playing with tablet I become a lot better than 6 months with mouse.
Just give it a time, You can't just completally change your style of playing (I mean swiching hands) and be good at it ;)