forum

[Archived] Sound delay thru voicemeeter and osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Samothrace
Problem Details:

So I've got a problem. I started using a program to manage my sounds, and it's adding a delay to the sound coming out.
The program is Voicemeeter Banana (website here).

I thought doing the Universal Offset might fix it, and it does. IF I turn hitsounds off, because osu isn't where the sound is lagging, but in Voicemeeter, which is where all my sound goes before going to my headphones.

Now obviously, the easiest way to fix this would be to just not use the program when playing osu!, but I wanted to see if someone had come up with a solution to this first.

Also, this delay is probably in other programs, but sound latency just doesn't matter as much for them.

osu! version: 20170222.3 (latest)
o x
Since this is a problem with the program you are using and not osu! I think you would find a better answer on their website not here on the osu! forums.
mapes
Ok, it's a very old post, but I just faced the same problem and I think I found a solution. SampleRate on my sound device was set to 48000Hz, and Voicemeeter default is 44100Hz. In my case cheking if all sound devices samplerates are the same helped.