forum

[resolved] osu! Stuttering with Rendering

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Furrious
Problem Details:
I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro x64, osu! was working just fine with the same build and same hardware and drivers.
I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro x64, I am running the Radeon Catalyst 16 (Latest stable) that comes with DirectX12
I also have installed the .NET at latest

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for my video card. Rebooted numerous times also.
Uninstalled and reinstalled osu! and had no effects. (Includes clearing out all cached information, the songs and all the skins)
I do have skins applied, but I have went back to default skin and the same issue arises.

I have kept it on my native resolution, had no change.
http://imgur.com/a/lUnNw
Here is my video driver configuration, I had this set the last time I had osu! working properly.

I have changed the FPS Frame Limiter
No vsync but 120, 240, unlimited - no change in render issues
I have turned off and on the compatibility mode - no change to help
I have enabled the reduce dropped frames - still pretty bad with rendering
I have done the stable (fallback) and had no changes

The render issues happen within the Menu Screen, while typing, playing maps and such.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

In case the video does not load: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD-2XrL9imA

osu! version: 20160403.6
Dntm8kmeeatu
Does this happen with the default skin?
Topic Starter
Furrious

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Does this happen with the default skin?
Sorry meant to note that. Yes, even the default skin has the same rendering issues.
This is not related to skinning.

Edit: Need the video of the Default Skin?
Topic Starter
Furrious
Weird.

I flopped back to default skin, loaded a song.
Went back to menu, loaded the other skin and loaded the same song and it stopped poorly rendering.

Hrm, not sure what happened.

Plus I also had OBS opened when I was flopping skins.

EDIT: Go ahead and move to resolved. I think flipping to Default Skin loading into a song, quitting then reloading another skin and then loading the same song resolved this issue. Not sure what happened, but it seems rendering is back to normal.
Dntm8kmeeatu

Furrious wrote:

Weird.

I flopped back to default skin, loaded a song.
Went back to menu, loaded the other skin and loaded the same song and it stopped poorly rendering.

Hrm, not sure what happened.

Plus I also had OBS opened when I was flopping skins.

EDIT: Go ahead and move to resolved. I think flipping to Default Skin loading into a song, quitting then reloading another skin and then loading the same song resolved this issue. Not sure what happened, but it seems rendering is back to normal.
:thinking:

Hmm, Well if it happens again. I guess feel free to make another post or bump this one.
Topic Starter
Furrious
Oh geez, the problem spawned back up with the newest build since I just updated a few minutes ago.

b20170222.3

I tried all versions of the game. Fallback, etc.
Swapped skins, default and everything, still no change

I pull the graph up and see spikes with the renderer.

My drivers are up to date again also.
Running AMD R7 250
AMD R7 360 > Main with Osu

DX12.
The renderer is spiking again with the map stutters.

>Edit:
Tried to let the game autoplay, no issues there.
Maybe an issue with my input devices. Razer does have an update, will try that.
Nada, still having the renderer stuttering.

Netgraph:

You can see the white lines where the render decides to stop and then keep going, preventing the map to render.

https://youtu.be/rP5FN5MbimM

I show off Standard and Mania. Since those are what I normally play. The bot plays flawlessly, while I am stuck in the dumps with hiccups while watching the graph.
Topic Starter
Furrious
Hm, a week after reposting the issue, the issue self-resolved.

Then another Windows Update hit, I updated my drivers and now back to this issue again.
This issue seems to only happen after rebooting and I checked all my processes, my startups and nothing should be conflicting.

Hm, this time it seems to be my overall PC impacted. Will check with Microsoft.
Topic Starter
Furrious
Mark this resolved, not archived.

Restarting would always cause this issue. But I found out why osu! would act up to my hardware but the bot played flawlessly.

I installed an application called MSI USB Speed Up, I have this since I have the compatible board for it. The game does not like that, which always caused issues with DX12. So now when I start up my computer, I close it and osu! runs perfectly.
_Meep_
t/457061
looking at this and it seems awfully similar to what I had so I made a tutorial on how to fix it
If the problem does persist in the future do refer to that
Topic Starter
Furrious

_Meep_ wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/457061
looking at this and it seems awfully similar to what I had so I made a tutorial on how to fix it
If the problem does persist in the future do refer to that
It's not a compatibility issue though.

https://www.msi.com/blog/boost-usb-perf ... -usb-speed

It was a hardware accelerator issue, which is what caused this issue consistently. I closed all my programs that are running background one by one to single out the issue. And it makes sense, since my keyboard, tablet and mouse are all USB on a 3.0 controller. This would cause the lag spikes cause my GPU is pulling data from the USB Speed Up and osu! could not keep up with it, so it caused the GPU to consistently stutter and make osu! a pain in the rum to play.

Since I turned it off, the accelerator no longer plays a role and the GPU runs fine.

Cause like I previously said, the game runs fine on bot with the program open, but when I play, my input caused the game to render horribly.

Cause in the midst of trying to figure this out. By my third post. I had already tried to run this compat Windows 7/Windows 8 and same issues reside. Tried updating all drivers. I went through the registry and found nothing. The program that I mentioned with the Hardware Accelerator was the issue.
Cause if it was a compat issue, the game would not load and the bot would not be able to render the map in the first place. But all and all, this is resolved.

And that post you said was a Windows 10 upgrade. This is a fresh install I put on my computer at the time of this post. I put all my motherboard drivers and essentials on the PC and didn't think about the USB Speed Up drivers.