Vibrance Player (aka. Edge Player)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Edge Player re: 2.9.0.0 is out!
  1. Added: osu! color theme!
  2. Added: Search by tags! (e.g. "tags: mitis hatsune")
  3. Changed: Songs which ere already synced before are now scanned for a new image or new tags
  4. Fixed: Fixed a possible bug where songs were added multiple times while syncing
  5. Re-enabled: Custom directories
  6. Re-enabled: Lyrics
  7. Re-enabled: Custom kaybinds
  8. Re-enabled: Sleeptimer
Also, Edge Player Remote is now on on Google Play!
See the post above or the thread message for the link.
Hikyn
App crash when trying to export all songs and select folder
Crash log:
http://pastebin.com/srcwTrV2
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Edge Player re: 2.9.1.0 is out!
  1. Added: You can now choose whether the application synchronizes you songs at startup or not
  2. Changed: "Get the remote control app!" is now "Get it on Google Play" (graphic)
  3. Changed: The flyout height scales now with the window size
  4. Fixed: If you've added a directory or more to your sync, the button "Manage directories" wasn't updated
  5. Fixed: Saving your settings while having no additional directories added to the sync caused a crash
  6. Fixed: The "Get the remote control app!" link lead you to the wrong page
  7. Fixed: Trying to export all your songs caused the player to crash
BaraWolf
this program looks really nice

Keep up the good work
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Edge Player re: 2.9.3 is out!
  1. Re-enabled: The visualizer now changes it's colors depending on the background image
  2. Changed (Remote): The remote control is now listening on every IP available
  3. Changed (Remote): IP address changes are now noticed by the application
  4. Fixed: If you tried to delete the "Drag&Drop" playlist, the application crashed
Also, Edge Player Remote 1.4 is out!
  1. Changed: You don't need to manually type in the IP of the player anymore, instead you can choose from a drop-down list
  2. Fixed: Fixed an issue where you were able to connect to a non-existing device
  3. Fixed: Fixed a potential bug where the app crashes when playback is stopped
WeebWoofWolf
Yo!

My edge player told me I was able to upadte it ( to 2.3.0).
When I updated it I got an error, it couldn't be installed because the files already existed.

Initializing...Done!
Downloading file(s)...Done!
Installing updates...
Can't update! Exception: Kan geen bestand maken dat al bestaat.

-------------------------------------------------------------
The exception has beend copied to your clipboard. Please submit this error to the publisher on the website! t/231747&start=0

I have tried downloading the latest installer (at the time 2.9.3) , using the update fuction did not solve the issue.

Now I've removed edge player and installed version 2.9.3
But, everytime on startup I get notified of being able to update to 2.9.30
Installing the update results in the same error pasted above.

I'm not sure if this is happening to anyone else, I simply don't seem to get rid of the update messages.
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

WeebWoofWolf wrote:

Yo!

My edge player told me I was able to upadte it ( to 2.3.0).
When I updated it I got an error, it couldn't be installed because the files already existed.

Initializing...Done!
Downloading file(s)...Done!
Installing updates...
Can't update! Exception: Kan geen bestand maken dat al bestaat.

-------------------------------------------------------------
The exception has beend copied to your clipboard. Please submit this error to the publisher on the website! t/231747&start=0

I have tried downloading the latest installer (at the time 2.9.3) , using the update fuction did not solve the issue.

Now I've removed edge player and installed version 2.9.3
But, everytime on startup I get notified of being able to update to 2.9.30
Installing the update results in the same error pasted above.

I'm not sure if this is happening to anyone else, I simply don't seem to get rid of the update messages.
I've already noticed this bug and fixed it, but there were some other features that must've been completed. The next update will come in a few days, just ignore this message for now ;)
XinCrin
You are using wpf right?
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

XinCrin wrote:

You are using wpf right?
Yes ;)
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Edge Player re: 2.9.4 is out!
  1. Changed (Updater): New design
  2. Fixed: The application thought an update is ready although you already have the newest version
  3. Fixed (Updater): An exception was thrown while installing updates
Ringosham
The app crashes when a tablet is plugged in.
Edge Player has stopped working! The following exception occured:
System.ArgumentException: StylusPointDescription cannot contain duplicate StylusPointPropertyInfos.
Parameter name: stylusPointPropertyInfos
at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointDescription..ctor(IEnumerable`1 stylusPointPropertyInfos)
at System.Windows.Input.TabletDeviceBase.get_StylusPointDescription()
at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerTabletDevice.UpdateSizeDeltas()
at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerTabletDevice..ctor(PointerTabletDeviceInfo deviceInfo)
at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerTabletDeviceCollection.Refresh()
at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerLogic.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.SystemResources.InvalidateTabletDevices(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.SystemResources.SystemThemeFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)

System specifications:
Player version: 2.9.4.0

Installed .NET Framework versions:
.NET Framework Version: v2.0.50727 2.0.50727.4927 SP2
.NET Framework Version: v3.0 3.0.30729.4926 SP2
.NET Framework Version: v3.5 3.5.30729.4926 SP1
.NET Framework Version: v4
Client 4.6.02012
Full 4.6.02012
.NET Framework Version: v4.0
Client 4.0.0.0
.NET Framework Version: 4.6.2 or later
Crymore13
To be perfect for me(first time using):

-Add option to favorite in widget
-Export songs from playlist to a folder

Topic Starter
BlackTasty

Ringosham wrote:

The app crashes when a tablet is plugged in.
System.ArgumentException: StylusPointDescription cannot contain duplicate StylusPointPropertyInfos.
Parameter name: stylusPointPropertyInfos
at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointDescription..ctor(IEnumerable`1 stylusPointPropertyInfos)
at System.Windows.Input.TabletDeviceBase.get_StylusPointDescription()
at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerTabletDevice.UpdateSizeDeltas()
at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerTabletDevice..ctor(PointerTabletDeviceInfo deviceInfo)
at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerTabletDeviceCollection.Refresh()
at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointer.PointerLogic.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.SystemResources.InvalidateTabletDevices(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.SystemResources.SystemThemeFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)

System specifications:
Player version: 2.9.4.0

Client 4.6.02012
Full 4.6.02012
Client 4.0.0.0
Hmm if I use the Player while a tablet is plugged in it doesn't crash. What tablet are you using and when exactly does the application crash?

Crymore13 wrote:

To be perfect for me(first time using):

-Add option to favorite in widget
-Export songs from playlist to a folder

I'll include that in the next update, thank you for your suggestion!
Ringosham
I'm using a Huion 420. Same model as the osu tablet.
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

Ringosham wrote:

And when exactly does the application crash?
Ringosham

bl8ckdr8gon wrote:

Ringosham wrote:

And when exactly does the application crash?
1. Crashes immediately when a tablet is plugged in while the player is running. Doesn't matter if it's playing anything or not.
2. Crashes upon any input(Clicking on buttons, even the minimize and close are not safe) if a tablet is already plugged before the launching the player.
I'm starting to wonder if this is not the application's problem, but Windows' acting up on me.
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

Ringosham wrote:

1. Crashes immediately when a tablet is plugged in while the player is running. Doesn't matter if it's playing anything or not.
2. Crashes upon any input(Clicking on buttons, even the minimize and close are not safe) if a tablet is already plugged before the launching the player.
I'm starting to wonder if this is not the application's problem, but Windows' acting up on me.
Just tried to crash the player with my tablet (Bamboo Pen CTL-470), but everything works. Did you try to install .NET Framework 4.5 or reinstalling/updating your tablet drivers?
Ringosham
I tried all of them and it doesn't work, including downgrading the driver. However, I found that this is either the driver or a Windows issue. Because it happened on all WPF applications. (I can't use Visual Studio while plugging a tablet. Thanks Microsoft)
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Edge Player re: 2.9.5 is out!
  1. Re-enabled: Fullscreen is back!
  2. Added: Keybinds for volume up and volume down
  3. Added: Added a "Create playlist" button in "Playlists" tab
  4. Added: Beatmap videos are now played!
  5. Added: You are now able to export all songs in a playlist
  6. Changed: Small adjustments to some controls
  7. Changed: Redesigned React Pad (more features for React Pad coming soon!)
  8. Changed: Redesigned Lyrics Creator
  9. Fixed: Configuration files were saved wrong
  10. Fixed: A crash occured if the last song in the list was played and random was off
  11. Fixed: Switching between React Pad and any other visualization caused a weird bug
  12. Fixed: Fixed a potential bug where a new database didn't save tags
  13. Fixed: Widget settings weren't loaded correctly
Also, check out my new Patreon page: Click me!

Ringosham wrote:

I tried all of them and it doesn't work, including downgrading the driver. However, I found that this is either the driver or a Windows issue. Because it happened on all WPF applications. (I can't use Visual Studio while plugging a tablet. Thanks Microsoft)
That's very unfortunate to hear, maybe I'll find a way to disable the tablet in the application in the future ;)
Ringosham
Here's a minor bug. The mute button stays at muted state after unmuting. Both in the widget and the player
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

Ringosham wrote:

Here's a minor bug. The mute button stays at muted state after unmuting. Both in the widget and the player
Will be fixed with the next update!
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Edge Player re: 2.9.5.1 is out!
  1. Re-enabled: Adjust volume for each song separately (Settings -> Enable "Adjust volume for each song")
  2. Added: New log file called "synclog.txt"
  3. Added: Audio has now a fade-in and -out whether you play/pause playback
  4. Added: A splashscreen is shown at startup
  5. Changed: Made some small changes to synchronization
  6. Fixed: The mute button showed the mute symbol even after you unmuted playback
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Edge Player re: 2.9.5.3 is out!
  1. Added: You can now disable video playback
  2. Changed: Resized the splashscreen
  3. Changed: Minor changes to the interface
  4. Changed: The player remembers now your last selected visualization
  5. Changed: Changed appearance of ReactPad
  6. Fixed: Switching between ReactPad and other visualizations didn't work quite right
  7. Fixed: Sometimes the video of a beatmap wasn't in sync with audio (and other bugfixes regarding video playback)
  8. Fixed: In rare cases synchronisation stopped at certain beatmaps because of an uncaught error
-[H i K a R i]-
Hello how are you? ^^
Have chance to scrobble songs to Last.fm? Please say yes. ;-;
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

-[H i K a R i]- wrote:

Hello how are you? ^^
Have chance to scrobble songs to Last.fm? Please say yes. ;-;
I'll try to implement this in future versions of the player if it is possible ;)
Wafa_old
Hi, I want to report a bug :)
This app player is very nice, but the video will not be played if the video format is not .avi (.flv or others aren't supported) , and sometimes the video syncing is error too
Also when re-syncing songs, the song list will be duplicated

Thank you :) I hope this can be fixed soon
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

Wafa wrote:

Hi, I want to report a bug :)
This app player is very nice, but the video will not be played if the video format is not .avi (.flv or others aren't supported) , and sometimes the video syncing is error too
Also when re-syncing songs, the song list will be duplicated

Thank you :) I hope this can be fixed soon
Unfortunately the video bug is caused by WPF itself (the WPF MediaElement which displays videos seems to use codecs from Windows Media Player).
But I'll investigate the resync bug, thank you for reporting :)
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Edge Player re: 2.9.5.4 is out!
  1. Added: Hovering over a song while no music is playing plays a preview
  2. Added: Multilanguage support! Currently supported: English, German and Spanish (thanks to Xoas who helped translating)
  3. Changed: Searching by artist, tags or favorite state is now easier than before (use the filter button to the right of the search bar)
  4. Changed: Improved beatmap detection and synchronization
  5. Changed: Redesigned Visualizer Studio
  6. Changed: ReactPad size is now configurable
  7. Fixed: Sometimes songs were added multiple times although they were already synced
  8. Fixed: Fixed a critical bug where adding songs to a playlist didn't work right
  9. Fixed: The option "Edit playlist" didn't work
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Edge Player re: 2.9.5.5 is out!
  1. Added: Added Slovak and Chinese (Traditional) translations! (thanks to Terrdus and Ringosham!)
  2. Changed: Better detection of multiple songs in one beatmap
  3. Changed: Even faster sync!
  4. Fixed: The text in the remote log was out of sight if too long
  5. Fixed: The patron flyout title in the about window was too long in German and Spanish
  6. Fixed: The "Keybinds" tab was not translated in Spanish
  7. Fixed: Tab items and disabled buttons were almost invisible in Spring theme
  8. Fixed: Exporting songs crashed the player sometimes
Also, Edge Player Remote 1.5 is out!
  1. Added: You are now able to manually type in the IP address (use the icon to the right of the IP selection)
  2. Added: If you are connected to a device, a notification with the most important controls appears in your notification center
  3. Fixed: The automatic detection for the IP address should work better now
Ringosham
Here's a crash bug.
Attempt to favourite a "null" song would cause a NullReferenceException.
Simply press favourite when nothing is selected and playing.
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

Ringosham wrote:

Here's a crash bug.
Attempt to favourite a "null" song would cause a NullReferenceException.
Simply press favourite when nothing is selected and playing.
Will fix that, thanks!
Ringosham
Oh yeah, the button that goes to the localisation spreadsheet in the player still links to the old one.

The textbox in Edge player remote is multiline(You can tap enter in the textbox).

Reverse YouTube search doesn't seem to work.
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

Ringosham wrote:

Oh yeah, the button that goes to the localisation spreadsheet in the player still links to the old one.

The textbox in Edge player remote is multiline(You can tap enter in the textbox).

Oh I'll replace the old link with the new one with the next version.
But I just tried to tap Enter in the password box of the remote, but nothing happens. Also, Reverse YouTube search works flawless here, what exactly happens when you use this feature?
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Edge Player re: 2.9.5.6 is out!
  1. Fixed: Some typos in Chinese (Traditional) and Slovak were fixed
  2. Fixed: Opening the equalizer started the window minmized
  3. Fixed: Reverse YouTube search didn't work quite right
  4. Fixed: Clicking on "Help translating the player" linked to the old list
  5. Fixed: Loading a playlist and then re-syncing caused the player to add every song he detects, even if it is already added
  6. Fixed: The icon in the taskbar shows now the progress of the sync correctly
Ringosham

bl8ckdr8gon wrote:

Ringosham wrote:

Oh I'll replace the old link with the new one with the next version.
But I just tried to tap Enter in the password box of the remote, but nothing happens. Also, Reverse YouTube search works flawless here, what exactly happens when you use this feature?
The reverse YouTube search does nothing when I clicked, but it's now fixed.
The remote app issue a very minor one. I can add new lines in the password box. So if I type an IP there, it won't connect.
Beatmap videos seem to start playing where the last song stopped playing. (Example: Play song A for about 1 minute, Then play song B which has a beatmap video. The video will start at 1 minute. If song A has been played for 4 minutes, but the beatmap video in song B only has 2 minutes in length. The player only shows the last frame of the video and does not loop to the start)
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

Ringosham wrote:

The reverse YouTube search does nothing when I clicked, but it's now fixed.
The remote app issue a very minor one. I can add new lines in the password box. So if I type an IP there, it won't connect.
Beatmap videos seem to start playing where the last song stopped playing. (Example: Play song A for about 1 minute, Then play song B which has a beatmap video. The video will start at 1 minute. If song A has been played for 4 minutes, but the beatmap video in song B only has 2 minutes in length. The player only shows the last frame of the video and does not loop to the start)
Oh I see, I'll fix that bug in the remote. the issue with the beatmap video is unfortunately a problem with WPF itself (it has to load the video first, and depending on your system and the video size this can take a while). I am currently searching for an alternative which supports also more video formats, but this can take a while
Ringosham
Here's another bug.
In widget settings, the widget location does not point to the correct position. (Bottom left moves the widget to top left, etc.)
You cannot click on the seek bar to jump to a specific time of the music. (You can drag, but not click)
diuneilomo123
Hi there,

This is a really great project and it helps me a lot, really much appreciate it.

But every time i try to play a song from the location, there is an error.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Edge_Player.Utility.Core.AudioCore.PlayMediaFile(Boolean songChanged, Boolean recreateHistory)
at Edge_Player.Utility.Core.AudioCore.PlayPauseAudio(Boolean forcePlay)
at Edge_Player.Player.btn_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
at Edge_Player.App.Main()

System specifications:
Player version: 2.9.5.6

Client 4.6.01586
Full 4.6.01586
Client 4.0.0.0

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 940M
Memory: 2x, Total Capacity: 8192; MB:
Capacity: 4096 MB, Speed: 1600 MHz;
Capacity: 4096 MB, Speed: 1600 MHz;
Memory usage at crash: 252 MB
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

diuneilomo123 wrote:

Hi there,

This is a really great project and it helps me a lot, really much appreciate it.

But every time i try to play a song from the location, there is an error.
With "from the location", do you mean music you play per Drag&Drop?
Xferno2
Intresting, I like a lot the interface.
EDIT: Romanian translation done.
show more