forum

[Archived] Passes aren't going through.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Naythnn
I've seen that my fails are going through, but when I pass a song, it updates the local rankings but doesn't update the global. The score adds to my total score, but it doesn't update my Global Ranking PB, my accuracy, my overall ranking, none of it. When clicking the OnlineRanking after the play. the Online section just says Loading Results, and never actually loads the results.

osu! version: 20170103.2 (latest)
Sandy Hoey
This is because the scores is not uploading to the server directly after the play. There isn't much you can do to fix this. Make sure that you have a stable internet connection and have connected to Bancho. Also, if this happens, do not close osu! as that will stop the scores from being uploaded later on.
Topic Starter
Naythnn
But why is it that my multiplayer passes always go through immediately??
Sandy Hoey
Because you have to have a strong connection to play in the multiplayer rooms because of the live leaderboard and positioning. Single player, the connection can flicker without it affecting anything
Topic Starter
Naythnn
It's been half an hour, why aren't they going through??, and it also seems to not be internet problems, because I connected with a fast hotspot and it still didn't go through.
Topic Starter
Naythnn
I still need help. My rank is slowly going down and nothing's working. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the internet isn't the problem.
Sandy Hoey

Kao wrote:

Method 1: Antiviruses or Firewall
  1. Try checking if your antivirus isn't blocking osu! From connecting
Method 2: IP conflicts
  1. Try turning off your router by unplugging it and wait for 5 minutes before turning it on again.
Method 3: Reset adapter
  1. Try disabling ethernet adapter then enable it again

Method 4: DNS Cache
  1. Try clearing DNS
    1. Open up run (Windows logo + R)
    2. Type cmd and press enter
    3. Type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter

Method 5: Try using a VPN
  1. You can try using a VPN like [lucky:1337]Psiphon[/lucky:1337] and see if it works from there
    Just download from the website and open it, after it connects try again.
Give this a try
o x
Make sure your firewall or antivirus isn't blocking osu! from doing anything, this is often a problem so just check and make sure that everything is working properly. Also as Sandy said try a VPN, if a VPN works then it is a problem with your ISP.
Topic Starter
Naythnn
A VPN doesn't seem to help, as when I finish a song it still says Loading Results... and won't go through. My firewall isn't a problem as I've allowed the osu program through, unless it's something else. The router isn't a problem as it wasn't before. I can't get to DNS, as because it's a school laptop, I can't access Run.
Sandy Hoey
If its a school laptop, they may have prevented connections like that. I don't know what programs are available, but it may just be that. Do you have a computer at home that you can play to test and see if it works there?