forum

[Archived] Received no ranks from clearing a map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CanOfSoup
Problem Details:
I cleared the 6* difficulty of High Score recently, and I received no ranks for it. I'm not sure why; I feel like I should've received something for it, since it's far and away the hardest difficulty map I've managed to clear. I could understand if it wasn't my top play or anything (my clear was only a C) but I feel like I should've received something for it. It doesn't even show up on my profile, though, so I was confused. I'm pretty sure the score submitted successfully (it shows up if I go to the beatmap page) so I'm left wondering if I just didn't do well enough to merit any change in ranks.

It's especially perplexing to me because I've gotten a D grade on the 5.3* of Vagrant and received ranks for it. If I shouldn't have received ranks for it, then I'm fine with that, but I just wanted to confirm that I'm not crazy/there's not a bug/etc.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Imgur album of screenshots

osu! version: 20170222.3 (latest)
Sandy Hoey
You just didn't do well enough on it to get it into your top plays. You may have received pp from the other play because you held a decent combo but had terrible accuracy. You may not have gotten anything for this one because you never got any significant combo but didn't do as badly on acc. If you are looking for ranks though, you should be playing 4 star or high 3 star. You can still get a lot out of those at your rank
CM2

Sandy Hoey wrote:

You just didn't do well enough on it to get it into your top plays. You may have received pp from the other play because you held a decent combo but had terrible accuracy. You may not have gotten anything for this one because you never got any significant combo but didn't do as badly on acc. If you are looking for ranks though, you should be playing 4 star or high 3 star. You can still get a lot out of those at your rank
Just an additional, it actually IS in your top 50 scores but was not high enough to give you a lot of pp. Combo matters a lot.

The points are weighted, what you actually ?got?(not really) was the amount beside the percentage.