forum

[Archived] osu! crashes on start

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Izzz
For the past few days, osu! has crashed whenever I start it as soon as I start it. This code is left behind;

SPOILER
System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path, Boolean checkAdditional)
at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
at #=qyzb8zCUaBls6sEe7pqsLFt_QCstNXvELS8v$g1zlitu5jX7MXPyvwZwr0mztpgy$.#=qRv7Xsv2UfjTfis5JRsQVZGcRGZHXU5yGniu7ExcLby0=()
at #=qNzT014bIxR5nnMp3hxcMYVF2v1iO0G0o8eNQdbaNsJlGCdveyTHqiZ9OVStBin2Z.#=q2nNmvebrr1Jq7pgMNRn93g==.#=qVDLCM4ieMbiQQvUKCDGBGvOxHSJ6VtnWl6Mj6xnD3m8=(#=qyzb8zCUaBls6sEe7pqsLFt_QCstNXvELS8v$g1zlitu5jX7MXPyvwZwr0mztpgy$ #=qYVL7Vv5OPslLVk5B0pEksg==)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.FindAll(Predicate`1 match)
at #=qNzT014bIxR5nnMp3hxcMYVF2v1iO0G0o8eNQdbaNsJlGCdveyTHqiZ9OVStBin2Z.#=qzpAWxrDmAXV$$uKKFJyMBlKqN3MzYaLNQlxKoegatEs=()
at #=qNzT014bIxR5nnMp3hxcMYVF2v1iO0G0o8eNQdbaNsJlGCdveyTHqiZ9OVStBin2Z.#=qAEa3ORU1HJBc9Ncn$zOhLw==()
at #=qNzT014bIxR5nnMp3hxcMYVF2v1iO0G0o8eNQdbaNsJlGCdveyTHqiZ9OVStBin2Z.#=qzhdtuawcZmRQViuqejgF_A==(Boolean #=qJssGhOxTJutAIfI$mARfdg==)
at #=q6lqu3FicNfKnr3jJ8cXRSQ==.#=qzhdtuawcZmRQViuqejgF_A==()
at #=qJGWCkBuxVzTUTH_zVB8ndQfEbU7Gc6JhrQ9tGBo33JU=.#=qb9USk1VjXyg8kFoCN5s3FA==()
at #=qZVBDdAND1OUuFkpdh7A25A==.#=qUl0_ww$8eG3sxm8Y_r2RMQ==(String #=qMI6s_lWc3GRNi7lBUAkFbw==, Boolean #=q4YrEYsACwqkJmH7mknsdJZdJxswcxpQpbm9UaM33Ioc=, Boolean #=qavZZdR4lv_yyNvXc$BKReQ==)
How can I fix this?

osu! version: 20170222.3 (latest)
Lyawi
Hold the shift key while you open osu! and it should open a window. Choose the fallback version and it maybe opens another window where is written that your local beatmap database seems corrupt. Just click "OK" and osu! should open. Then you should be able to choose an other version in the client options.

(I also had this)
Topic Starter
Izzz

Lyawi wrote:

Hold the shift key while you open osu! and it should open a window. Choose the fallback version and it maybe opens another window where is written that your local beatmap database seems corrupt. Just click "OK" and osu! should open. Then you should be able to choose an other version in the client options.

(I also had this)
hm, tried this before and just resulted in a black screen i had to ctrl+alt+delete out of, but this time it look like it worked!