forum

[Archived] Osu!mania keyboard problem - Can't bind some keys

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MBatisti
Hi everyone!

So, I am from Brazil, that means I have a brazilian keyboard. It has keys like "Ç" that other keyboards do not have.
I can type them in chat perfectly, but I can't bind them as osu!mania keys!

When I try to bind "Ç" for example, I get ";" as if my keyboard had an US layout. That's fine for keys like "Ç", but other keys won't even get an input to bind.

I'm using windows 10, when I'm inside osu! the Input Indicator displays that my keyboard layout is at POR (portuguese), not EN. That makes sense, because my keyboard works just fine while typing in chat.

This is kind of hurting me, because the only way I could hold 7 keys simultaneously at 7k is using one of those unbindable keys.
I hope this problem can be solved, thanks!

osu! version: 20170222.3 (latest)
Kao
Go to windowed mode > Press on chat
You'll see it'll change to EN, press Alt+Shift and then try typing

When you change input like from the search bar to the input in osu!, They have their own keyboard language that's why you have to change them individually first.

That's at least what I need to do with he JP keyboard
Click on chat > Alt + Shift > Click on the JP icon and change to Hiragana
Topic Starter
MBatisti

Kao wrote:

Go to windowed mode > Press on chat
You'll see it'll change to EN, press Alt+Shift and then try typing

When you change input like from the search bar to the input in osu!, They have their own keyboard language that's why you have to change them individually first.

That's at least what I need to do with he JP keyboard
Click on chat > Alt + Shift > Click on the JP icon and change to Hiragana
So I cannot bind osu!mania buttons into POR exclusive keyboard keys?

I get it that I can change between POR and ENG, but doing this has no effect when I'm trying to bind osu!mania buttons. ://

The strange part is that the language change works just fine inside the in-game chat
Kao
Try going to osu!.<pcname>.cfg and type out the letters you're going to use
And restart osu! After that, test it out if it works

I don't know which values are to change yet
(Too lazy to find the page on the cfg but it's in http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki )
Topic Starter
MBatisti

Kao wrote:

Try going to osu!.<pcname>.cfg and type out the letters you're going to use
And restart osu! After that, test it out if it works

I don't know which values are to change yet
(Too lazy to find the page on the cfg but it's in http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki )
Ok, I did it. Osu can't recognize them :C

Kao
Don't the keys for the ç have a special function first before using it?
Like pressing ctrl/shift/fn first?

I kinda misunderstood at first, but you'll have to use other keys that works, like the numbers, apparently that's the only way here, unless you like holding the special key to get those special letters, if I'm getting this right.

I think I understood that the key is a special key and can't be bonded, but there's another letter like ç and you're asking how to bind it correct?

At this point, I'm not sure if it's allowed, but it probably is, bind the key to another letter and use [lucky:1337]AutoHotKey[/lucky:1337] and bind the special key to that key on the mania layout.

I am not sure about the input lag this brings, but I hope that resolves it
Topic Starter
MBatisti

Kao wrote:

Don't the keys for the ç have a special function first before using it?
Like pressing ctrl/shift/fn first?

I kinda misunderstood at first, but you'll have to use other keys that works, like the numbers, apparently that's the only way here, unless you like holding the special key to get those special letters, if I'm getting this right.

I think I understood that the key is a special key and can't be bonded, but there's another letter like ç and you're asking how to bind it correct?

At this point, I'm not sure if it's allowed, but it probably is, bind the key to another letter and use [lucky:1337]AutoHotKey[/lucky:1337] and bind the special key to that key on the mania layout.

I am not sure about the input lag this brings, but I hope that resolves it
No special keys needed... Here's an image of the Braziliann keyboard, I highlighted some of the keys I cannot bind.

The problem I see here is that for some reason, osu!mania only recognizes the US keyboard layout, so every key I have that the US layout hasn't and even the keys that both have but are on different places, are just not bindable.

I could do some registry shenanigans and replace permanently those keys for "normal keys" like letters. I did this, and it worked.
I binded A and S for example, so when I hit Ç it inputs A. It worked, but I lost the Ç key.

Anyway, I guess there's no way around it. I hope some dev sees this thread. Maybe they can help.

Thank you so much for all the help bro!