forum

[Archived] Skins are showing up but wont apply

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Delupara
Problem Details: I have 3-4 skins in an .osk inside their own folder inside the main skin folder. The skins are found in Osu but wont apply. Everytime I try to change skins it just applies the default one. In other words no matter what skin I choose the default skin is the only outcome.

osu! version: 20170103.2 (latest)
LaryRose09
Maybe all of them are HD only.
Go into the skin folder and check if ALL of the files have a @2x.
Topic Starter
Delupara

LaryRose09 wrote:

Maybe all of them are HD only.
Go into the skin folder and check if ALL of the files have a @2x.
not that I see of. Theres only 1 .osk file in each skin file and none of them have a @2x of any kind
Tae

Delupara wrote:

not that I see of. Theres only 1 .osk file in each skin file and none of them have a @2x of any kind
Oh, double clicking the .osk file should extract the skin to osu!, try doing this.
Nathanael
The .osk format is a skin archive where you can either double click it (if osu! is associated with the format) or drag it to your osu! window so the client itself will take care of the extraction and stuff it'll do in the Skins folder.

If you wanted a manual extraction, change the ".osk" format to ".zip" and extract the files in a folder then move the folder inside the Skins folder of osu!.

The Skins folder should look like the format below.
osu! folder
--- Skins (folder)
------- MySkin1 (folder)
----------- Skin files...
------- MySkin2 (folder)

If you have osu! open, you need to restart the game client because it doesn't refresh the skins list.

If you have a resolution above 1366x768, it'll use the HD elements (@2x) first. If no HD element found, SD will be used.
Else, the default skin templates are used.