forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
MrLinuxFish
Is there any way to make the flashing notes on kiai time less obvious? I've seen some skins where the kiai time flashing is very subtle, but cannot get my skin to be any amount subtle. I'm using a mostly white skin because I find it easier to see the hitcircles, but the kiai time flashing is extremely obnoxious and way too bright.
negusking
I'm changing the font in my skin and noticed that my combo numbers are cut off by the bottom of the screen. Anyone know how to fix this?
Lyawi

negusking wrote:

I'm changing the font in my skin and noticed that my combo numbers are cut off by the bottom of the screen. Anyone know how to fix this?
Do you have combo elements? They have the name "combo-1, combo-2, ..., combo-x". If so, take them out of the skin folder and use "ComboPrefix: score" in the skin.ini and press ctrl+shift+alt+s in your client.
If you have no elements with these names, search for "score-1, score-2, ...". Are they in the middle? Screenshot or something? Also use "ComboPrefix: score" in your skin.ini then.
Krimsin_old_1
appreciate this, helped me a ton
Amethyst507
Mania help:
There is this problem I experienced while I was checking my skin.

The mania-stage-left and mania-stage-right is the exact same thing, but only flipped vertical and horizontal once each, both are 180 degree flip.

However, the right side of the stage is far more larger than the one on the left. Is it the .png's problem?

Another question in mind:
Is it okay to have both the mania-stage to have a unique design? Because a lot of people prefer to have both looking the same (or very very aimilar).
MrLinuxFish
One more question:

How do I specify a specific combo font for the mania game mode without changing the standard combo font?

I have tried putting the line : `ComboPrefix: mn` in the [Mania] specific part of the skin.ini, but it doesn't load the correct font assets. If I put the line under the [Fonts] part of the skin.ini it changes the combo font correctly in mania, but it is using the wrong combo font in standard.
-M1racle
I'm using the -+Seouless'+v7+16-9 Skin and was attempting to change the cursor from the default blue cursor to the pink one, however, when I attempted to, the cursor reverted back to the default skin's cursor. I can't get it back to the blue cursor, either. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
EDIT: As my laptop also seems to have broken and can't access any sites that aren't secured and can't download anything either, I can't redownload the skin.
Nexon
Zard0Z

-M1racle wrote:

I'm using the -+Seouless'+v7+16-9 Skin and was attempting to change the cursor from the default blue cursor to the pink one, however, when I attempted to, the cursor reverted back to the default skin's cursor. I can't get it back to the blue cursor, either. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
EDIT: As my laptop also seems to have broken and can't access any sites that aren't secured and can't download anything either, I can't redownload the skin.

Make sure you actually refresh the skin either by restarting your game, or doing "ctrl+shift+alt S". If it still doesn't work, then check the files. When trying to revert it back to the blue cursor, make sure that the files have the correct names, and are in the right place. Also, make sure you're using the right type of file. Osu probably doesn't recognize the cursor, so make sure to check it. You're probably going to want it to be a .png or a .jpg
pakie tsum fan
Hi !
Can we change the big osu! logo on the start screen?
If yes how can i do it ?

I saw someone with this before.
o x

pakie tsum fan wrote:

Hi !
If yes how can i do it ?

You can't do this as far as I'm aware.
MrLinuxFish

pakie tsum fan wrote:

Hi !
If yes how can i do it ?

On older versions of the game the start screen had the older logo. You can change the background of the start screen if you are an Osu supporter.
negusking

Lyawi wrote:

negusking wrote:

Do you have combo elements? They have the name "combo-1, combo-2, ..., combo-x". If so, take them out of the skin folder and use "ComboPrefix: score" in the skin.ini and press ctrl+shift+alt+s in your client.
If you have no elements with these names, search for "score-1, score-2, ...". Are they in the middle? Screenshot or something? Also use "ComboPrefix: score" in your skin.ini then.
I do have combo elements, I was just replacing the elements in my skin image for image, so I changed the original combo-x to my own combo-x. I ended up just moving where the number was placed in the new combo-x from centered to closer to the top.
KuuuGR
Is it possible to make Taiko-slider and Taiko-slider-fail bars transparent?
o x

KuuuGR wrote:

Is it possible to make Taiko-slider and Taiko-slider-fail bars transparent?
yup
toasterberry
Sorry if this has been asked before, I looked around and couldn't really find any question like this.

Pretty much the menu-button-background is being a bit annoying to me, as you can see in the following 2 pictures, i made it so it perfectly matches the top and bottom of the song picutre
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7373465
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7373475

However in multiplayer the scores on the left, it's so off. The bottom of a players score goes over the top of the next players score, picture here
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7373510
and since it does that, the top players bottom goes next to the bottom players avatar and it looks disgusting.
It also looks bad on the results screen
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7373520

Is there a way I can just make it universally fit everything at least somewhat decent? The leaderboards look OK with the top line only being a few pixels higher

EDIT: Extra side question, is making selection-mods @2x really needed? I've never seen them that large before, thanks again :D
Rio-
If you fix the menu-button-background to match the multiplayer scores/players. The menu button in the music selection will be off aswell...
Either you choose to fix it or leave it, you can't match both of the button in the music selection and the multiplayer iirc...

toasterberry wrote:

EDIT: Extra side question, is making selection-mods @2x really needed? I've never seen them that large before, thanks again :D
The resolution of the SD image that you use might be the same as the HD Image resolution should be. (like if the HD Image resolution is 1500x1500, the SD Image resolution should be 750x750 and not 1500x1500). Try edit the resolution of the image to a half.
toasterberry
[quote="Rio-"]If you fix the menu-button-background to match the multiplayer scores/players. The menu button in the music selection will be off aswell...
Either you choose to fix it or leave it, you can't match both of the button in the music selection and the multiplayer iirc...

I thought I've seen it where it works out for all, but after looking around more I've seen each skin has their own way of handling it. I've decided just to remove the bottom part as that seems to fit the best for my style skin.

Thanks! :)
toasterberry
For some reason my spinner top and bottom isn't showing up in game? I can't figure out why for the life of me
Tae

toasterberry wrote:

For some reason my spinner top and bottom isn't showing up in game? I can't figure out why for the life of me
What is your skin version set to in skin.ini?

Changing it to latest should work, if I remember correctly. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)
toasterberry

Tae wrote:

toasterberry wrote:

What is your skin version set to in skin.ini?

Changing it to latest should work, if I remember correctly. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)
I had mine on 2.5, which is the latest. I also tried latest just in case and no difference. I changed back to 2.5 because the wiki says "Do not use this when trying to distribute skins!" for latest.
enu star
How can I change the character when I get combo?
Lyawi

enu star wrote:

How can I change the character when I get combo?
It's the file "comboburst". If you want more characters than only one, you have to use "comboburst-0", "combobust-1", etc. ...
oooootaco
I changed the colour of my hitcircle combos to slowly go from white into pink. But I have noticed that when the combo on the hitcircle resets to 1 it changes to dark blue. After that combo is done it changes back to white to pink. Is there a reason it does this and is there a way to fix it?
Forsaked
Whats the name of the skin that haves the katana on the pause overlay
xxdinorabbitxx

Forsaked wrote:

Whats the name of the skin that haves the katana on the pause overlay
Why would we know that?!? If you saw it somewhere, ask the person that presented it
Underforest
restoring info icon
trishui
wowowowwow much wow ty
Styfros
Can someone help me to remove all whistle sounds on sliders I don't succeed trying.
Here is my skin https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2-eu ... G9UVWpuYnM

Thanks in advance.
45Traeath
You must create empty .wav files: normal-sliderwhistle.wav, drum-sliderwhistle.wav, and soft-sliderwhistle.wav.
Place them in the Skin's folder afterwards.
(Hypothesis though.)

Also, I need help in raising the volume in my .wav files.
xxdinorabbitxx

45Traeath wrote:

What do you need help with? If your asking for a program to do it, use Audacity.
45Traeath
I'm already using Audacity, but well.
To be precise, I'm cutting off some noises from videos I watch on YT (which gives the hint that I'm creating a "troll" Skin :q), and I don't get how come the sounds are lower upon exporting.
I set the global Effects at 100% and Music at 75% (general settings, not Map settings), yet the Effects are still drowned in the Music.
xxdinorabbitxx

45Traeath wrote:

I'm already using Audacity, but well.
To be precise, I'm cutting off some noises from videos I watch on YT (which gives the hint that I'm creating a "troll" Skin :q), and I don't get how come the sounds are lower upon exporting.
I set the global Effects at 100% and Music at 75% (general settings, not Map settings), yet the Effets are still drowned in the Music.
For me, sound files in audacity will play much lower when exported, compared to it being in the editor. You just need to increase the amplification, even if it seems too loud in the editor
johnmedina999
Is there a way to remove the flash whenever you get a specific combo?
And can it be done without changing background dim to 100%?
xxdinorabbitxx

johnmedina999 wrote:

Is there a way to remove the flash whenever you get a specific combo?
And can it be done without changing background dim to 100%?
What do you mean by the "flash"? If your talking about the crap that spews from the side, set a blank png to "star2.png"
45Traeath
Good solution you gave me there, thank you ( ' ')b

I think j999 is talking about the flashes when you reach 30/60/100/150/200/[...] combo.
johnmedina999

Shima Luan wrote:

What do you mean by the "flash"? If your talking about the crap that spews from the side, set a blank png to "star2.png"

No, I already did that. I mean this:

45Traeath wrote:

I think j999 is talking about the flashes when you reach 30/60/100/150/200/[...] combo.
xxdinorabbitxx
Can you send me visual reference on your problem?
Styfros

45Traeath wrote:

You must create empty .wav files: normal-sliderwhistle.wav, drum-sliderwhistle.wav, and soft-sliderwhistle.wav.
Place them in the Skin's folder afterwards.
(Hypothesis though.)

It worked thanks ^^
Humanity
Hello, I would like to ask how to move the progress pie (or bar) + the accuracy thing in the top middle of the screen. You see, I've used Seouless' skin (from the Cookiezi skin compilation) and noticed that the progress pie (or bar) + acc is in the top middle. I've looked at the .ini but can't seem to find where and how to move it. Any ideas?

Screenshot: (skin is actually a mix of lots of other skins)

Thanks in advance!
show more