forum

[Archived] Annoying Updater System Please Update

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rhalp10
Problem Details:
i hate your update system, when you cant establish good connection, your download restart into 1% -_- it pist me off, srysly .. i already downloaded 95%,99%,100%.. then restart to 1% deym ..

can you make your update system more efficient, i mean whether the connection will lost it continue your last state of download.. maybe u should use "%temp%" directory.... to fix this updated issue ..

Not all internet connection is stable like Philippines ..

check this thread:Same Problem Here

think your game is always updating most player cant play online because of that updater system always said.. "An Error Occurred! Check Your Internet Connection " how we will play online...

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: (old)
Kao
Do not use the %temp% directory.
This will cause problems such as the osu! Folder getting deleted after a restart.
Could you provide your update.log inside the Logs folder?

Try using a VPN
  1. You can try using a VPN like [lucky:1337]Psiphon[/lucky:1337] and see if it works from there
    Just download from the website and open it, after it connects try again.
You can also close the updater immediately when it starts and open osu! Again.
This will force osu! To open without updating.
Topic Starter
rhalp10

Kao wrote:

Do not use the %temp% directory.
This will cause problems such as the osu! Folder getting deleted after a restart.
Could you provide your update.log inside the Logs folder?

Try using a VPN
  1. You can try using a VPN like [lucky:1337]Psiphon[/lucky:1337] and see if it works from there
    Just download from the website and open it, after it connects try again.
You can also close the updater immediately when it starts and open osu! Again.
This will force osu! To open without updating.
i dont use %temp% i mean i want them to update their osu updater.
Example Do you want your 99% download of 1GB data to be reset into 1% again and wait to finish it , and Reset again ?
That's what i mean.. i want them to fix those issue.. im not the only one experience this sucks problem, make your updater like IDM atleast save the files who already finish, if the connection has been lost and came back again , the osu updater must check if there's a temporary files of those files and if not download the files, else download the remaining files... and when the files goes to %temp% directory it didn't instantly deleted, when use "Disk Cleaner" probably it will clean those temp files to make your storage a lot of new space..

Kao filipino ka pala !! :D haha palaka ka..
PVN is not the resolve to this issue, Philippines is one of the most worst internet connection in the world .. hhahahah i just want osu make their osu updated like down-loader software , and my professor always says "You are not an IT if your don't have a back-up of your files." that's why we cant reason when we dint do our documents :)
Kao
Alam ko nasasave sa folder na "Staging" dun linalagay yung mga dinownload na files
Pero hanggang ngayon laging fresh start para di magkabugs yung osu! na dinownload mo
So I don't think na magkaka "resume" feature, also parang feature request na rin to at di dapat sa Help pero sa Feature Requests.

Puwede bang paki post mo ang update.log mo sa iloob ng /Logs/ folder? Thanks.
Topic Starter
rhalp10

Kao wrote:

Alam ko nasasave sa folder na "Staging" dun linalagay yung mga dinownload na files
Pero hanggang ngayon laging fresh start para di magkabugs yung osu! na dinownload mo
So I don't think na magkaka "resume" feature, also parang feature request na rin to at di dapat sa Help pero sa Feature Requests.

Puwede bang paki post mo ang update.log mo sa iloob ng /Logs/ folder? Thanks.

wala na na patch ko na din to sa ibang shop .. hahah :D maybe osu! make a features of dividing of files and merge it again to make the download faster,