forum

[Archived] Time is shown incorrectly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lyawi
Problem Details: After my sentence "too late to buy some" to Cawub, I looked at my name in the friend panel (yes, I've added me with /addfriend today lol) and noticed that my time is wrong.
That happens frequently and I don't know why. Not always.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170103.2 (latest)
o x
The most I have noticed is being behind a couple minutes, never noticed it being an hour before.
I found this post but peppy said it was fixed.
Topic Starter
Lyawi

Cawub wrote:

The most I have noticed is being behind a couple minutes, never noticed it being an hour before.
I found this post but peppy said it was fixed.
Mhhh.. it only happens in the "bancho panel". Seems like I have the correct time for about one minute when I came of the away state back to idle (in the panel, not the /away command). That's the minute where the time stops again, and so on.

Lyawi wrote:

That happens frequently and I don't know why. Not always.
The whole time.

Pretty late reply, sorry about that.
Topic Starter
Lyawi
still >_>
Royce551
This is probably far off, and might be related to osu! itself, but just to check, your system time is set correctly, right?
Topic Starter
Lyawi

Royce551 wrote:

This is probably far off, and might be related to osu! itself, but just to check, your system time is set correctly, right?
yeah. As I said, when I came out of the away state back to idle, it's shown correct then for this minute.
Don't wonder why this .gif has such a long duration, I didn't know how to stop it. XD
o x
Maybe when you are set as away it for some reason stops counting local time? It was only a few minutes behind and I'm guessing that's the time you were marked as away.
Adorn
You said it's all the time? It's not just a one time thing that's fixed upon restarting osu! ?
Then I doubt the above theory could be true. If that were the case, they wouldn't be experiencing it all the time.
o x

Flannel wrote:

You said it's all the time? It's not just a one time thing that's fixed upon restarting osu! ?
Then I doubt the above theory could be true. If that were the case, they wouldn't be experiencing it all the time.
It happens when they go from away to idle, so the theory is completely viable. You can go from away to idle as many times as you want it isn't just a one time thing, and if the user tends to go away a lot or tends to leave osu open it makes sense.

I have tested it myself and I am pretty sure I am right you can try for yourself to be sure.
Adorn
Yeah but does it go back to the way it was upon closing and re-opening osu!? If so, then it isn't really that big of a deal and more than likely won't be treated as such. That was my point.
Stefan
having the same "issue", however it's not a big problem for me. I am rather wondering what's causing that.
Topic Starter
Lyawi

Stefan wrote:

however it's not a big problem for me. I am rather wondering what's causing that.
Yes... I can live with it, I just want to know why this happen.
I've tested out a bit and found out that the correct time comes back as soon as you "do" something as activity in the client.

@Flannel: restarting osu! doesn't help much and it's equally the same as when I came back after I was away.
Adorn
Then I'm assuming it is what was speculated and from when you were away. Since it's easily fixed, I doubt it'll be looked into.
Topic Starter
Lyawi

Flannel wrote:

easily fixed
It's only "fixed" for one minute, in Stefan's case 4 mins (if I understood it correctly?)

Lyawi wrote:

Seems like I have the correct time for about one minute when I came of the away state back to idle (in the panel, not the /away command). That's the minute where the time stops again, and so on.