Total Posts
show more
Asagi Mutsuki
And also its children friendly :P

RingsOfRage wrote:

YunoFanatic wrote:

accuracy
Indeed, accuracy!

I initially don't take a strong liking to taiko in the first place due to the tendency to miss more often than not. When I played standard more, accuracy was better. And it was that second chance that I gave to taiko a months back that gave me this sensation of going with the rhythm, a sensation I myself can't compare elsewhere as of now.

Another reason I think taiko is not so receptive here is the MP. You don't see a multi player game that facilitates a fun multi player game. The way I look at it, many games use Oni difficulties for maps or had a significant number of veterans playing together.

Bottom-Line: Taiko is tough at first, but will reward dedication that conquers its initially steep learning curve.
Taiko is easy if you ignore accuracy :roll:
Chokladboll
I try to play taiko, but I am really bad at it
NaixKole
For me I guess it's the lack of UMPF!!! In it... due to low training maps, I usually end up putting no fail on a hard map and "deal wiith it" which is not really appealling... >.>

And that my keyboard does not have an "x" button...I'm still using copy-paste for it :DDDD //slapped
XK2238
every normal-spread map (that is, anything containing Easy/Normals) is a training map, you just need dedication.
kouzuki_karen

Mango Roddy wrote:

Why not many people playing Taiko mode
people find the concept of large blue circle, small blue circle, large red circle, small red circle, yellow circle confusing.

and spinners... what the fuck

But honestly, I think the concept of clicking circles is easier to grasp for most people. Or maybe they are put off by the number of double-screeners (since it's arguably more easier to FL+HD effortlessly in taiko, as long as the user has suitable hardware).
Chibi-houou
Well if I have to say... my friends who tried to play Taiko finds hard the Blue,Red/Big red/Big blue (?) combo.
They end up dizzy after playing +10 maps.
The most common reason why they dont play Taiko its becuase they cant get +90% Acc, why is this?, because
they lack of Rhythm sense I play all modes, and taiko is the one where you need more Rhythm sense, to get your perfect Acc,
in Osu! standar is Easy to S (+95%) (You can see for example my Osu! Acc), CTB... Hey!, I can get 100% without the music...
and Osu!mania near the same as Taiko but i find it easier to get 300 but the problems are the combos,
and thats the reason why they play other modes and not taiko, they find it "Easier?" when its come in Acc.
thats why they say "im bad at Taiko" I have friends who are bad at Rhythm but there are good at Osu!Standar (up #800) or CTB (up #100).

Thats whats in my opinion is the reason when talk about, people playing for fun.
MarioBound
Most people download osu! to play osu!, not Taiko.
AudioBC
You first need to play the DS version for practicing :) xD
Stickman92
I tried for a few days but goddam its tough. When i tried taiko , I was already doing Hard maps in Standard and Mania on a side note(and i felt like raging). I tried to have fun playing but i felt too annoyed and chose not to do it. I really wanted to do it so i got a good sense of rhythm (and also it seemed fun if i got good)

In short (for me)

It seemed fun if i got good but i kept on raging because i got confused between Don and Kat all the time
Conor
[Crz]Player
at least, I plays
WarDrum
Although I'm very slow to improve and still a beginner but I play Taiko the most.When I first downloaded osu!,it only had a few beatmaps.So I came here to download more beatmaps,but not knowing much I accidentally downloaded Taiko only maps too and that's how I started to play it.It looked a bit fun.Of course standard Osu! was also fun but I don't know why I liked Taiko more.I just turned the mode on Taiko and played the maps on that mode cause I thought it was really fun.
Kitty V Temmie
Man so many maps have terrible taiko scores..... :cry:
CuticleThong

KittyVanilla wrote:

Man so many maps have terrible taiko scores..... :cry:
Do not worrt about those scores lol. I would worry about pp instead.

Maybe they were not interested in drums #eh
vbkun
Old topic but adding up some experience :3

Osu!'s Taiko mode doesn't really cut it, there are several wrong things on it, I've been playing taiko no tatsujin since 2005 and what i concluded so far:

1) Lane speeds: I'm not sure if this is a result of osu! not being planned for taiko and just adapted, or from the beatmaps itselves but I feel lane-speed is ussually 2x the speed of taiko no tatsujin. This makes extremely hard to play anything you haven't almost memorized already. One of key diferences of taiko is that you don't play 'now' only, while you play 'now' you need to keep planing next loops, but in osu you usually get them when its too late to plan. Also the speed is quick enough to get me dizzy. (yeap, a 11 years taiko player who full combos almost anything in oni on consoles gets dizzy on osu! taiko).

2) Osu seems to have a lot lower threshold for timing... so 1 already makes it impossible to plan, then the threshold makes it well, even harder.

3) Default skin and sounds, and how mappers mod the audio. You never know what to expect when you start a new beatmap, sometimes its too loud, lots of times its too low, etc. This sortta plays a important point in taiko because it feels more like an instrument than a game, you need to get used to a specific sound/volume when u perform a specifc action, otherwhise it will feel like 'something went wrong', even if it didn't.

I just wanted to share the opnions since, after years using osu! for osu, I got a tatakon and decided to try it for taiko. Its not horrid and can be quite fun, but I don't really go to osu/taiko mode thinking of getting scores/combos/etc, I guess for that u can't be a regular player, or good player, or a very good player, for that you gotta be an exceptional player.

So I just for it to change a bit the songs I'm playing, in relax/noworries mode.
Rurree
it's difficult and it's boring at times
Buster
its just not boring its just hard
if i want to play another gamemode i will pick ctb
Edgar_Figaro

Lolinator2000 wrote:

its just not boring its just hard
if i want to play another gamemode i will pick ctb
I really think difficulty is subjective. I personally am more of a rhythmic player than I am visual so I have a much easier time with tapping keys to the beat then positioning my cursor or catcher in the right location. So for me Taiko & Mania are easier than Standard & CTB.

That being said I know a lot of people are more sight oriented and so games like Taiko come less naturally.

If I had to give a reason as to why not many people play Taiko it would honestly be that Taiko doesn't have enough exposure. Kinda like how Standard started out small and the larger it got the faster it grew. It's kinda an exponential affect.

As other people have said there aren't a lot of low level Taiko maps and auto-converts are terrible. Also when people guest map for a standard set they usually do muzukashii or Oni which is far too difficult for a person who has downloaded this standard map and sees the Taiko map and wants to "see what it's about". I think a lot of people have their first Taiko experience playing something crazy like this and decide Taiko is way too hard.
CaptainAhab_old
Honestly if it weren't for the Taiko Training v2 thread in this forum, I feel like osu!taiko would be nigh impossible to get into. I'd assume most players aren't even aware such a (good) tutorial exists.

As for the game mode itself, it's the only version of taiko I've played, so I can't comment on its authenticity or whatnot. I find it fun.
darkmiz
JEFF_Y
Yeah it's kinda hard to get into (especially when you're looking at hard and oni maps)... Perhaps it takes a long time to get used to the consecutive notes.

As for me, I've been playing Taiko since 2010, started with Taiko no Tatsujin plus on iOS, then getting into the PSV, 3ds and wiiu versions. I've gained enough experience during those years so it ain't hard for me to get into osu taiko (plus I play with a PS4 controller, which means I can play in the way I'm used to) - just took me a weekend to go from 300pp to 4200pp, but seems like that's my limit.

That said, it is also reasonable that the Japanese are ruling the taiko ranking because they even have Taiko arcades (yes they play with drumsticks/bats, which is far harder than playing with keyboard or controller), featuring beatmaps that are 6.0 stars or even higher if they are converted into osu beatmaps - スーハー2000, chaos time, Hurtling Boys, etc. There are plenty of videos out there on youtube, check those out and you see why the Japanese rule the taiko ranking.
sayucat_
I think taiko is the easiest mode because I could get 1000pp in just a week
roufou
pp has nothing to do with how easy or hard a mode is... besides reaching 10k pp in taiko is harder than in most other modes.(you are however right in 1k pp being the easiest in taiko)
black_arachnia

_Inochi_ wrote:

I think taiko is the easiest mode because I could get 1000pp in just a week

I played standard, ctb, and mania and I still think taiko is the easiest I don't know how people think it's hard. And taiko is my main mode only because I suck at all the other modes lol
I can't read standard or single tap that fast, mania has a really high skill ceiling, and I can't even do 2 star on ctb.