forum

[Archived] I can't change the version of my Osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JessiChan
Hello to those who read me. What happens is that I enrolled in the TWC (Taiko World Cup for those who do not know) and will use as basis of score the version Cutting Edge (Score V2) This version crashes when I restart osu. I tried to ask Loctav and he told me that I could use the Stable Latest version, I proceed to install, the files are downloaded correctly, I restarted the osu! And when you open the game, I see that the Fallback version appears again. I tried everything, I tried configuring it from the osu folder files! I tried to delete the game (because I thought the Latest Version was installed automatically) I tried copying the information of that version of a friend and nothing, I always end up again in the Fallback version. If any of you can help me I would greatly appreciate it. :cry:

This is one of the errors that sent me:

Lyawi
Hold the shift key while you open osu! and choose the version there. Does it open in the correct version?
Topic Starter
JessiChan

Lyawi wrote:

Hold the shift key while you open osu! and choose the version there. Does it open in the correct version?

Nothing, it does not work. But equally thank you for trying to help me. :c
Dntm8kmeeatu
What are your PC specs? Are you on a very low-end machine? You might be being forced to Fallback due to your computer inability to run latest.

Also might be worth to double check and make sure your Graphics drivers are properly installed and up to date.
Topic Starter
JessiChan

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

What are your PC specs? Are you on a very low-end machine? You might be being forced to Fallback due to your computer inability to run latest.

Also might be worth to double check and make sure your Graphics drivers are properly installed and up to date.
Well... If you wanna see

Kao
Media Accelerator, I had that before, it's for when you don't have a dedicated GPU
Meaning your PC can't handle Latest(Stable) and won't go there unless you upgrade

:? I don't think there's any other solution than that
Arnold0
You have a very low end machine and the integrated graphics supports only up to Open GL 1.4, when osu! latest version needs 2.0.
Seeing it is a Atom CPU I'm guessing you either have a very cheap laptop, or a PC with a motherboard that might have no PCIe slots to put a new GPU. You might need to get a new PC entirely if you want to run the latest version of the game.
Topic Starter
JessiChan

Kao wrote:

Media Accelerator, I had that before, it's for when you don't have a dedicated GPU
Meaning your PC can't handle Latest(Stable) and won't go there unless you upgrade

:? I don't think there's any other solution than that

Arnold0 wrote:

You have a very low end machine and the integrated graphics supports only up to Open GL 1.4, when osu! latest version needs 2.0.
Seeing it is a Atom CPU I'm guessing you either have a very cheap laptop, or a PC with a motherboard that might have no PCIe slots to put a new GPU. You might need to get a new PC entirely if you want to run the latest version of the game.
Mm... I see guys, thank you. I will try to download a driver to see if I can get openGL. D: