forum

[Archived] all local scores are gone

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
vanitive
Problem Details:
hey
all my local scores are gone it is the second time that this is happening.
i asked a mod ingame he gave me some tips like deleting the scores.db file
i did that but then i recieved a message: replay file could not be loaded or something
it came up every second. i still have the scores.db.bak files
from the last time it happened.
it can not be normal that this is happening again.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170103.2 (latest)
Deivedux
Maybe he meant osu.db? Because the scores.db file is the actual storage where all local scores are saved to, so if you delete it there is a high chance that you delete every local replay (a new fresh scores.db will be automatically created by game upon next game launch). You can still watch exported replays from "Replays" folder.

EDIT: You can also watch your replay from the global ranking, if you achieved the appropriate rank in a map.
Topic Starter
vanitive
i deleted the file but before i did a backup of this file. but why should it be the osu.db file? i mean i need my local plays therefore i need the scores.db file or not? i know that i can watch the replays from the replays folder i can even import them but for all local scores it would last years or so. isnt there another way? the problem is that the client doesnt load all the replays/scores i mean the scores are not lost they just cant be loaded
Deivedux
There is no question about do you actually need the file or not. If the client won't see the required files in osu! folder upon game launch, it will automatically create new fresh ones with no personal data and logs.

Are you trying to watch your replay via local rankings or global rankings? If it's global ranking, the main reason would be, because of score not being in appropriate place on a leaderboard, unless you have the replay saved localy in score.db or have it exported in your computer.
Topic Starter
vanitive
i want to watch them via local but there are no scores which show up. some scores i can watch via global rankings but not every single one because there is no "watch replay" button.
so is there no way to get all my local scores back? even if i have the needed files ?
Deivedux
If you don't see the "Watch replay" button, then it means that you didn't achieve the appropriate place on a leaderboard AND your locals have been deleted. You could get them back if you have the scores.db backed up, then you can do so by replacing the current one with your backed up one. I'm not sure if this will work tho, and I'm not familiar with any other options.
Topic Starter
vanitive
i worked i got all my local scores but now the problem is that it doesnt show me the replay anymore and i cant even press f2 to export the replay, it fails every time
Kao
Either this means the replays are corrupted, which is the ones inside /Data/r
At this point, there's nothing else you can do.

Also, rather than deleting the .db files, it would be better if you just move them out to prevent accidental deletion.

The "Watch Replay" doesn't have to be in an appropriate place in a leaderboard, this is when it's on Global Rankings
But in Local Rankings "Watch Replay" will appear Everytime if the replay wasn't corrupted.