forum

[Archived] Changing skin right when multiplayer lobby starts

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
poing
Problem Details:
All players had readied up in a multiplayer lobby, but I tried to change my skin (from the Ctrl+O menu) right as the host started the lobby. I was presented with the multiplayer room lobby, where I could see all players, including myself, listed as [playing]. My 'ready up' button also read 'Not Ready', implying that I was still readied up.

After leaving the lobby (the #multiplayer chat also closed) and launching a singleplayer map, the notification "osu! has encountered a problem and will try to keep running" (or something like that) appeared, and while the song background loaded, the song would not start. After pressing Alt+F4, I was returned to the song list. After trying to start the same song again, I was able to play normally.

After quickly failing the song and returning, I did not return to the song list, but instead to the same previous multiplayer lobby room (#multiplayer chat opened again), where I could still see the players (including myself) listed as [playing]. At this point, no visual changes can be observed (Esc, Alt+F4, and hovering over buttons). I play in fullscreen mode (not borderless windowed), and Alt+Tab showed me being able to 'switch' to other windows, although I could still only see the osu! window. Ctrl+Alt+Del responded quickly, but if I tried to open Task Manager I would not be able to see it (it was hidden behind osu! even though it was the active window).

I did not get far into my singleplayer song, and the multiplayer room was playing a ~2min song, so it's possible the other players were still 'playing' (I don't know their perspectives, so I don't know if they experienced the dreaded "waiting for players" screen or not) by the time this happened.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
None taken, unfortunately

osu! version: 20170103.2 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Was this just a one time thing, or can you consistently replicate?
Topic Starter
poing
It was one time, did not try to replicate
Kao
Afaik this is the behavior of a multiplayer lobby when you lag
Same as when you just joined the lobby and they start, but still in multiplayer selection screen.
By the time the multiplayer lobby loads, you'll see yourself aswell other users [playing]

Sometimes you don't have to do anything, just alt+tab out of the game and wait for host to start, you'll see yourself playing aswell others but still in the lobby.

Exiting and playing another game in solo would make me restart mid song (seems like osu! Detected I quit the lobby when that happens)