forum

Linkin Park - Living Things

posted
Total Posts
show more
Flask
Mismagius
This beatmap currently surpasses 2.147 billion score on Catch the Beat, therefore causing an overflow and turning the score into negative. It's not rankable unless the scoring system is changed to scorev2 as default.

The same issue happened with this beatmap t/186184 and the developers told the mapper to either remap, cut the song or wait for score v2.
vipto
what a joke
Mazziv
lo
donacdum
10/10 ctb ruins things again
7ambda
fuk u ctb

64-bit integer when
fieryrage
Haha yes.

why wasnt this fixed a year ago
worst fl player
Longer than parapara marathon? :thinking:
Raging Bull
congratulations!
Kimitakari
Guess peppy is lazy to port osu! at 64-bit. When?
Myxo
i made sure it doesn't happen on std, but happens on ctb instead. fuck
Topic Starter
pw384
oh wth...
in fact unsigned 32bit score would solve the problem without additional space
what should I do now :o
Stjpa
Well either you cut the song or you wait until the osu!lazer is out (just guessing it's fixed there, not sure)
diraimur
i dont know how ctb scoring works, but if its something closer to std maybe decreasing difficulty values (cs, hp, od, ar) might solve the problem.

you can cut it into a few parts if that doesnt work, i think you should be fine with same mp3 but with seperate diffs. while there *is* a rule that states you have to map like at least 70% of map i think (correct me if im wrong) i think we can make exception for this set.
Scarlet Evans
So the osu!standard maps rankability strictly depend on how maps behave in the other game modes that they are not dedicated for?

Where can I find the precise rules about how maps dedicated to be played in osu!Std, by Std players and on Std rules, have to behave after gimmick auto-converting to other mods, so it can be ranked in Std?

- - - - -

Bonus question, not really suggesting anything: I know it's a little against the spirit, but if the map is dedicated for Std, not CTB, and the auto-converting causes the problems, can't the map be simply ranked for Std, Mania and Taiko, but not the CTB? Or ranked for all mods, then unranked for CTB?
7ambda

Scarlet Evans wrote:

Bonus question, not really suggesting anything: I know it's a little against the spirit, but if the map is dedicated for Std, not CTB, and the auto-converting causes the problems, can't the map be simply ranked for Std, Mania and Taiko, but not the CTB? Or ranked for all mods, then unranked for CTB?
That would honestly be a good idea.
Mismagius

Scarlet Evans wrote:

So the osu!standard maps rankability strictly depend on how maps behave in the other game modes that they are not dedicated for?
yes because if someone FCs this map in ctb after it gets ranked, they will lose about 2 billion score from their total ranked score, not to mention the rankings would show their scores at the bottom of the ladder as they are negative (less than zero)
Topic Starter
pw384

F1r3tar wrote:

Scarlet Evans wrote:

That would honestly be a good idea.
That's what I am glad to see (there should be an option for std-only maps, the same as other modes), since the map is designed only for std
Adiopulse
Unrankable :( :(

somewhere around here 37:25:229

http://imgur.com/a/lNxRM
hehe

diraimur wrote:

i dont know how ctb scoring works, but if its something closer to std maybe decreasing difficulty values (cs, hp, od, ar) might solve the problem.

you can cut it into a few parts if that doesnt work, i think you should be fine with same mp3 but with seperate diffs. while there *is* a rule that states you have to map like at least 70% of map i think (correct me if im wrong) i think we can make exception for this set.
pretty sure that's out of the question, right now the difficulty multiplier is at 15.5 = 4x (the range is something like 10.7 ~ 18 for 4x, idk why it conflicts with the wiki). to drop the multiplier would be getting its cumulative settings for CS, OD, and HP to be below 10.7. unless you'd like a CS3, HP3 and OD4.6 marathon over a ranked map, I suggest waiting for a better solution.
Myxo
Taking it down for now. Probably there is indeed no other solution than waiting until the bug is fixed or cutting the map in half or so :<
Lavender
int -> unsigned int
Vovan
The map was qualified, I played it, after the play, I saw it unranked.

I will hate marathons ;w;
Topic Starter
pw384
What a pity is it! But I believe there exists such kind of solution
1. Allowing beatmaps to be played on osu!std only, like taiko, ctb and mania specialties.
2. Unable scoreboard on ctb mode
3. Fix the bug by using signed or unsigned __int64. This require x2 space
4. Fix the bug by using unsigned 32bit int, since no score has overflowed to negative before so the signbit is 0 on all scores uploaded. This doesn't require additional space
5. Remove some notes so that the total score on ctb will be under 1<<31 (I'm working on this but it hurts)
dev plz
Kilabarus
omg lol
just have no other words in this situation
Doyak
3. Fix the bug by using signed or unsigned __int64. This require x2 space

-> literally 4 more bytes lol

Just the same solution how the view count of Gangnam Style on YT had been fixed.
sahuang
@peppy
Crystal

WASTED LUL
Mismagius
I think the reason why peppy wouldn't make a change on unsigned int is that (I'm not sure how this works, please correct me if I'm wrong) there would need to be a recalculation in every single submitted score to convert to the new system, and scorev2 is somewhat close to release, so I believe he's not too interested in doing that
Topic Starter
pw384

Blue Dragon wrote:

I think the reason why peppy wouldn't make a change on unsigned int is that (I'm not sure how this works, please correct me if I'm wrong) there would need to be a recalculation in every single submitted score to convert to the new system, and scorev2 is somewhat close to release, so I believe he's not too interested in doing that
Score recalculation may not be necessary as for integer 0..2147483647 the binary are the same in both unsigned or signed (but for 2147483648..4294967295, they have the same binary with -2147483648..-1 respectively). Correct me if things in osu database go another way.

But probably peppy is busy working on scorev2, so I'd rather see standard-only options in beatmap setup.

And on another side, I am trying to delete some notes, while still keeping the most crucial things including patterns I'd like players to enjoy, without hurting the essence of the map
[Mahua]
目瞪口呆.jpg
Curisu

[Mahua] wrote:

目瞪口呆.jpg
Doyak
Recalculation is surely not needed. But he has to modify all the scores into the new data set. This wouldn't take too long though.
Shiguma

384059043 wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

Score recalculation may not be necessary as for integer 0..2147483647 the binary are the same in both unsigned or signed (but for 2147483648..4294967295, they have the same binary with -2147483648..-1 respectively). Correct me if things in osu database go another way.

But probably peppy is busy working on scorev2, so I'd rather see standard-only options in beatmap setup.

And on another side, I am trying to delete some notes, while still keeping the most crucial things including patterns I'd like players to enjoy, without hurting the essence of the map
I hope peppy fixes it so you don't have to delete things from your map
Misure

[Mahua] wrote:

目瞪口呆.jpg
Ellyu
在解决bug前能先love吗
Kimitakari

Crystal wrote:

WASTED LUL
Rekt
Ankanogradiel
I always thought ctb's score raises much faster than any other mode and wondered why.. My guess was that it has been made like that so that they could use the same level algorhithm as osu uses. But it's trully a shame because the map itself is perfectly fine.
Crystal

Ankanogradiel wrote:

I always thought ctb's score raises much faster than any other mode and wondered why.. My guess was that it has been made like that so that they could use the same level algorhithm as osu uses. But it's trully a shame because the map itself is perfectly fine.
You only get 30 points (or something) when clicking on a slider or encountering reverse arrows but "combo-multiplied" score when finishing it. it means you get just a tiny bit more points than clicking on a circle
in ctb "slider-starts" or "reverse arrows" all count as "objects" that apply to "combo-multiplying" score calculation, which means you get at least twice more (if it has reverses then the amount can be bigger depending on the amount of reverses one slider has) than you can get in standard mode. this is why ctb scores are often a lot higher than that on the same map of standard mode

hope the problem can be solved soon so that i can farm lol
Topic Starter
pw384
Decider par soi meme, encore faut-il qu'on ose

The decision comes that:
1. delete the first track so that it is purely an album.
2. change the title.
3. the first track will be ranked one day separately. https://osu.ppy.sh/s/566773

LET'S ROLL AGAIN
show more