Topic Starter
-yuo-
:D :)

no promises tho...
Prophecy
hmm, you should finish your skin first.
Topic Starter
-yuo-
this skin is PLANNED. i haven't really started it yet... and i might not ever, but still a high chance of me doing it.

and yeh i do want to finish the other skins first
Prophecy

UO 073 wrote:

this skin is PLANNED. i haven't really started it yet... and i might not ever, but still a high chance of me doing it.

and yeh i do want to finish the other skins first
okay, we're waiting for your skins!
-Hannabi
fantastic...
Topic Starter
-yuo-
-- tease... --

(teaser screenshots released)
AGRX
holy...
atturbo555
I wait for it. :3
Topic Starter
-yuo-

Agrrox wrote:

holy...

-[H o n o k a]- wrote:

I wait for it. :3
Thanks!

(Currently on holiday without laptop, construction delayed. Sorry!!)
-Redya-
ready for download and testing your skin when available '-')b
bighatpaul
mania support, right?
Topic Starter
-yuo-

-Redya- wrote:

ready for download and testing your skin when available '-')b
Cool thanks!

benmoot wrote:

mania support, right?
Since my time is limited, and i seriously need to focus on my other projects, You'll need to vote for the mania mode to be skinned. This is a new system that i thought of, and it delays skinning so that i can focus on my other projects. Sorry if this is an inconvenience, but if the votes hit the target number i'll skin it

*new screenie
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Bump for upcoming skin release
White Puppy_old
I'll surely be looking forward to this skin :)
Srey
hype
Topic Starter
-yuo-

White Puppy wrote:

I'll surely be looking forward to this skin :)

Srey wrote:

hype
Look forward no more (well, at least, less) cuz a beta is now available to download.
(less because the little things aren't done... welp i think i need some help...)
-Izayoi
Hmm...

xi9w

-Izayoi wrote:

Hmm...

same problemo here
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Soz about that... idk what happened but its fixed now
suffix

There appears to be a problem with selection-mode-over and such.
Bara-
WE.NEED.MORE.COLOURS
Lee
Overall this is a very nice skin and there's a lot of potential to it, however since I do not know what you've planned for the future all I can really say is that the mod selection and plain rankings stand out. Now the mod selection looks clustered, feels like it needs to be more simplified to make it look somewhat decent. The rankings seem to be possible placeholders, but since I don't know I just wanted to point out that they look odd within the skin.

I'm not going to sit here and just point out negatives, like I said pretty good skin with a good concept behind it and I'm looking forward to see the continued progress. So uhh... good luck.
Sevanial
1 small problem, it's all @2x which i am unable to use it
Firinael
Looks pretty cool and neat, but the hitcircles are a bit too dark (I think using a hitcircle similar to Yugen's but with the gradient all around would get a look similar to the original while also being clearer), also as someone else mentioned the "mode" button seems to be bugged out. Apart from that, everything seems to be in order (despite some stuff that are still WIP but that's WIP so yeah).

btw I love that you added the score multipliers for mods, that's a great touch

Edit: also, it's probably my PC that's shit but the main menu lags a lot because of the falling hexagons and lines freaking out when I move the cursor. Like, laggy to the point of almost freezing. Dunno what's the deal with that but you might wanna look into it. (It's the snow + parallax effects that are bugging out btw)

Edit 2: the ranking icons look kinda meh, maybe going for a more square-y style would look better. (Also, the S icon doesn't look hype at all because of the color being sort of bland - not lively, and getting an S is supposed to be this great thing, but having an underwhelming icon kinda makes it not that great)

Edit 3: could you provide an alternate version of the spinner that's simpler? The current one is kind of too huge and detailed for me lol.

sorry for being kind of overwhelming but hey, you wanted feedback, right? e.e
Topic Starter
-yuo-
FEEDBACK-BACK

rys wrote:

This is a problem i'm having trouble to fix. The mode icon is displayed over the mouseover image so it's hard to fix. I might find a work around instead, redesigning the mouse over images alltogether.

Bara- wrote:

WE.NEED.MORE.COLOURS
Yes, but colours will come after the green one is stable. sorry to be blunt but it makes it easier and more secure (in terms of bugs) to make the whole skin and then recolour it, rather than make all of them and manage all of them while they're being built.

Suck wrote:

Overall this is a very nice skin and there's a lot of potential to it, however since I do not know what you've planned for the future all I can really say is that the mod selection and plain rankings stand out. Now the mod selection looks clustered, feels like it needs to be more simplified to make it look somewhat decent. The rankings seem to be possible placeholders, but since I don't know I just wanted to point out that they look odd within the skin.

I'm not going to sit here and just point out negatives, like I said pretty good skin with a good concept behind it and I'm looking forward to see the continued progress. So uhh... good luck :)
Thanks! Yes, the ranking icons are a placeholder. They're from my SKY skin. The mod selection... I kinda rushed them... It was meant to be a design test but when i added the three tests in they looked ok, so i did all of them and it looked fine. I wanted to change them but i don't have any ideas for a new design.. suggestions anybody??

Sevanial wrote:

Support for Standard Defenition screens will come after the skin is stable. sorry for the wait...

Firinael wrote:

Looks pretty cool and neat, but the hitcircles are a bit too dark (I think using a hitcircle similar to Yugen's but with the gradient all around would get a look similar to the original while also being clearer), also as someone else mentioned the "mode" button seems to be bugged out. Apart from that, everything seems to be in order (despite some stuff that are still WIP but that's WIP so yeah).

btw I love that you added the score multipliers for mods, that's a great touch

Edit: also, it's probably my PC that's shit but the main menu lags a lot because of the falling hexagons and lines freaking out when I move the cursor. Like, laggy to the point of almost freezing. Dunno what's the deal with that but you might wanna look into it. (It's the snow + parallax effects that are bugging out btw)

Edit 2: the ranking icons look kinda meh, maybe going for a more square-y style would look better. (Also, the S icon doesn't look hype at all because of the color being sort of bland - not lively, and getting an S is supposed to be this great thing, but having an underwhelming icon kinda makes it not that great)

Edit 3: could you provide an alternate version of the spinner that's simpler? The current one is kind of too huge and detailed for me lol.

sorry for being kind of overwhelming but hey, you wanted feedback, right? e.e
Woah nice detail! very helpful. Don't worry about being overwhelming.

Point 0:Some more hit circle styles i haven't made yet will be available in the extras... but i don't really understand your explanation (about yugen x this) could you explain a bit further? nvm I saw it in your skin edit you PM'd me. thanks!

Edit 1:Yep, my friend's Mac and mine both froze when we found the bug. I'll fix this. (if there is no menu snow image, the mode image will be used, and the size of the mode images in this skin are 1096 × 2268 px :? )

Edit 2: mhm, i tried to keep them simple and consistent to the design rules of the skin. Maybe a bit too much... maybe i'll add a glow...

Edit 3: Sure thing!
Sevanial

UO 073 wrote:

FEEDBACK-BACK

Sevanial wrote:

Support for Standard Defenition screens will come after the skin is stable. sorry for the wait...

Alright, I'll be waiting. Hope it will be as amazing as the preview images make it out to be :D
Paneiru
You might want to make the misses a bit smaller or something. The miss objects are a bit too big which might induce even more misses after a single miss because of how they clutter the playfield
Topic Starter
-yuo-

Sevanial wrote:

Alright, I'll be waiting. Hope it will be as amazing as the preview images make it out to be :D
Thanks for your patience! I'll do my best :D

Paneiru wrote:

You might want to make the misses a bit smaller or something. The miss objects are a bit too big which might induce even more misses after a single miss because of how they clutter the playfield
Yes, they are. This is a placeholder image as i haven't done the hitbursts yet... so yeh... not done yet
Firinael

UO 073 wrote:

FEEDBACK-BACK

rys wrote:

This is a problem i'm having trouble to fix. The mode icon is displayed over the mouseover image so it's hard to fix. I might find a work around instead, redesigning the mouse over images alltogether.
About this: maybe not using a .png image, instead using an image with a black background, might be a workaround?
Topic Starter
-yuo-
No, that won't work...

Here's whats happening:

The mode mouseover image is always displayed under the mode icon image, so you cant overlay the mode icon.

(i dunno why i went through all that effort to make that... :? )

Oh, and by the way, the mode mouseover image is actually already black
Firinael

-yuo- wrote:

No, that won't work...

Here's whats happening:

The mode mouseover image is always displayed under the mode icon image, so you cant overlay the mode icon.

(i dunno why i went through all that effort to make that... :? )

Oh, and by the way, the mode mouseover image is actually already black
Okay, first of all - holy shit that is some impressive graphical work right there. Second - damn, the mouseover being displayed under is kind of dumb. Maybe you could incorporate the mode icon image into the mouseover image somehow? But that would probably be super hard. : /
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Lol thanks! but me being a perfectionist I could say the mode text is 'MDE' not 'MDS', the perspective is messed up, it's a bit stretched and shadows shouldn't be cast on transparent items but that's just me being rushed so don't worry. :oops:

As for incorporating the mode icon image into the mouseover image, that causes problems... The icon won't change to the mode you're currently on and it won't react to the mouse properly... so yeh its pretty annoying, and quite dumb... but because the mode icon is the highest layer in the song select, and it's anchor point is in the middle of the image, it makes it possible to 'skin the unskinnable' e.g. the top bar where the tabs are. I'll use this trick in a more evident way in my possible future skins...

anywayyy, thanks as usual for the thumbs up and the suggestions!

Edit: oops forgot to mention that I've repositioned and 'redesigned' This part so It pretty much works fine now.
Jad Marin
Looking forward to the skin(s)! Especially to the red version :D . Keep up the great work, the skin looks so cool already ;u;

:?: For now I quietly cast my vote for a mania! mode as well~ :?:
Infa
Damn, unable to use this skin since it doesn't support lower resolutions at 16:9 :(

Guess I'll have to wait, but it does look really nice!
Ryees
Wow. Wooow. I will be super thrilled when this is set up with different colors. Do want.

This is very pretty. Keep it up.
Topic Starter
-yuo-
REPLIES

Jad Marin

Jad Marin wrote:

Looking forward to the skin(s)! Especially to the red version :D . Keep up the great work, the skin looks so cool already ;u;

:?: For now I quietly cast my vote for a mania! mode as well~ :?:
Thanks for the feedback! I'll consider voting after all colours and HD are complete, then i'll make a poll. Thanks anyway for the vote!
Infemy

Infemy wrote:

Damn, unable to use this skin since it doesn't support lower resolutions at 16:9 :(

Guess I'll have to wait, but it does look really nice!
Aww... I'm sorry about that. I'll try get it done as fast as i can (but even this may be long because i'm really busy...) thanks for your patience though!
Ryees

Ryees wrote:

Wow. Wooow. I will be super thrilled when this is set up with different colors. Do want.

This is very pretty. Keep it up.
I'm glad you like it! looking forward to the future too.

-------------------BETA VERSION "29 JAN 2017" RELEASED!-------------------

Please help push the skin further by giving feedback!
Azero
Remove followdots how? :)
edit:nvm
ripmyacc
[5/10]
Nothing special ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dephiy
The spinner is probably one of the most trippy things I've ever seen but I love it haha. What you've got going on so far is great, and I look forward to the full release :P
show more