forum

osu! Community Localisation Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
daavko
Updated Czech localisation
Some sentences re-worded to make sense, incorrect translations corrected, few non-translated sentences translated, etc.
Green Reindeer
Arabic has been updated also.
otakuroma

peppy wrote:

After having a successful time using google docs for localisation of osu!stream, I have decided to push osu! over there. pTransl was a great system, but I don't actually have the time to maintain one more system, and therefore this is the best way forward in my eyes.

The document is publicly editable. Feel free to make any changes you see fit for languages you are proficient at.
https://docs.google.com/a/ppy.sh/spread ... nVHc#gid=0

Ask any questions in this thread.
i finish arabic translate :) when it's add :P :oops: :cry:
- Cp6uH -
Serbian localisation has been updated and finished 100%.
suzumotoHikari
Fix typo on overall completion formula.
The value before i fix is: =SUMA(4:4)/COUNT(4:4) and it says "#ERROR". And i try to remove the "A" and it was fixed.
Feelteeth
Updated Turkish. Translations were too old. Bad translations, slang words are deleted. At least half of it completely redone.

Localised terms in some areas.
Circle > Çember - Slider > Kaydırak - Spinner > Fırıldak
Lacrimosa
Hello, I added a OL/GR Template but I encounter an issue. This seems to work just fine, but the "Ελληνικά"(=Greek) option doesn't seem to appear in the "Other Languages for this Template" list. (http://puu.sh/qprl6/aa6eb66762.png) I talked to Neil Watts about this, but he can't seem to find what's wrong either. Unless we are missing something, it should work just fine, right? I would appreciate any help/guidance. I'm very new to this.

I also want to discuss the Greek prefix used in the Greek command lines. At the moment it's "!faq el:caps" for example, but I think it would be better off typing "!faq gr:caps" instead; this is the norm after all. This also puzzled me when I made the OL/GR. "Should it be OL/EL? Are these lines even correct? Should it be "gr" instead of "el"?"

I would like your opinion on this. Thanks in advance.
JMC
For wiki related try contact Repflez he is osu!wiki Moderator
Lacrimosa

JMC wrote:

For wiki related try contact Repflez he is osu!wiki Moderator
I'm aware, however, I thought about posting it here first, to avoid disturbing him. If I don't get an answer here in the next few days, I will consider contacting him.
Jukkii
Updated Finnish translations, translated some untranslated sentences and fixed alot of sentences, which had some very weird mistakes in them (and added dots to ones which were missing them).
Nathanael

Nikosbks wrote:

Hello, I added a OL/GR Template but I encounter an issue. This seems to work just fine, but the "Ελληνικά"(=Greek) option doesn't seem to appear in the "Other Languages for this Template" list. (http://puu.sh/qprl6/aa6eb66762.png) I talked to Neil Watts about this, but he can't seem to find what's wrong either. Unless we are missing something, it should work just fine, right? I would appreciate any help/guidance. I'm very new to this.
The language code was not added here: Template:OLT
I added it for you. ;)

Nikosbks wrote:

I also want to discuss the Greek prefix used in the Greek command lines. At the moment it's "!faq el:caps" for example, but I think it would be better off typing "!faq gr:caps" instead; this is the norm after all. This also puzzled me when I made the OL/GR. "Should it be OL/EL? Are these lines even correct? Should it be "gr" instead of "el"?"

I would like your opinion on this. Thanks in advance.
Greek's language code is EL so that should be used to avoid confusion. Feel free to update the templates.

And honestly, this should be discussed at the osu!wiki project thread instead.
Lacrimosa
I apologize for posting this in the wrong thread. I was told to report it here. Nonetheless, thanks a lot for the help Nathanael.
NeXt4r_
lemme fix this

the word "NEW COMBO" should say
"KOMBO BARU"

and also no problem
JMC

faiswusuf wrote:

lemme fix this

the word "NEW COMBO" should say
"KOMBO BARU"
and also no problem
I think it's best to stay "New Combo" because sometimes there are terms in osu! that's more difficult to understand when translate into Bahasa Indonesia (example: Auto, Spinner, Slider, Mods)
or if you want to translate it, should be given more information, example: "Putaran (spinner) harus memiliki Kombo Baru (New Combo).

hati hati, jika mengubah satu istilah, maka istilah lainnya juga harus diubah, karena tidak cuma kalimat itu saja yang pake kata itu, jadi menurut saya lebih baik tetep seperti ini saja
Fenrir XVII
Hungarian game and FAQ updated and finished 100% (Need to check the already completed ones)
Italian FAQ updated and finished 100% (Need to check the already completed ones here too)
S o h
Updated Japanese for both game and FAQ.
terrdus
Updated slovak game translations. ( 100% now )
FAQ will take a while
JMC
I tried to retain the term "Loved", consider this term were used in the website too, so players not confused between ingame and website, I leave note in Loved section for discussion or if someone have other idea
anyway, Indonesian 100% completed now
XPJ38
Just updated AIDesign_BackgroundTooLarge in all languages to match this:

Also performed a complete recheck of the French localisation.
diingus
Some has been using Google Translate for Serbian translations and copying over Croatian as Serbian. Shame on you!
Also somebody half literate has been translating, making common mistakes (writing "bi ste" separately or "bi" for 2. person plural, etc.)

Google Translate takes some terms quite too literally (server as in someone who serves, etc.) and while Croatian is similar to Serbian, it's not in Cyrillics and has a corruption of words.

Please refrain from making translations to languages you don't know or didn't translate yourself.
rawrneru
Icelandic column STILL MISSING. Hello? I had got so much progress a long time ago and it saddens me to see it gone.
JMC
just checked !faq localisation today and there are several columns in English are missing and some !faq commands are missing too
anyway I added aspire2017 !faq in Indonesian and now indonesian is 100% complete
- Nyurin -
Will osu texts be moved to github in future?
Soul Wrath
Added:

faq
M 16
M 94
M 112
M 125
M 146

game
P 1285
rawrneru
Can someone add an Icelandic column please?
wailord2700
Possible to add new columns?
Ramiress
My thinking this's Hybrids locations irc gps , selection lang , Rank except area moblie ,etc .
JMC
I post here because until now still not fixed
missing English translation on last tab
Venix
Added polish informations about seasonals BG
rawrneru
Someone please add the Icelandic column (back if there is some kind of data left of it since it had work done on it before)

im really angry at the fact that the Icelandic column was deleted so nonchalantly and there is nobody willing to assist me in restoring lost progress

the whole column is gone
2p2z
I came back to play after a long time and I'm happy to see here a post about localization.
I've noticed many inconsistencies in the italian version, which I'm going to fix, so I hope you are still accepting changes.

There are some linguistic mistakes (if you translate invalid->invalido you are probably talking about somebody on a wheel chair instead of a not valid format XD), and grammatical mistakes ("un" maschile va senza apostrofo!), but most mistakes regard only mispelling and typing (such as double letters, missing punctuation and capital letters), while there are some sentences that even though correct don't sound really good, probably because the translators have focused on literally translating the message, which of course does not always work out good.
Problems like these inevitably occur when you only look at the written text outside of the context, so that's why I'll have to ask some questions, and I hope that somebody will help. :-)

1) AICompose_ObjectEndOffscreen: Object's end is offscreen! - by "end" you mean its extremity?

2) By "Spinners must have a new combo." (line 17), you mean that there should be a new combo following the spinner?

3) What does it mean: "Artist conflicts with {0} diff."?

4) as above: "Unicode Artist"

5) as above: "Romanised artist" <- has it something to do with the japanese writing conversion?

6) "Kiai time is toggled on for less than 15 seconds." (line 71) means that it should stay active for more?

7) In which context is Editor_Design_Failing used?

8) Editor_FileOperations_SubmitDialog_2: You must place beats before submitting... - what does "beats" refer to? Right now it is translated as "notes", but I thought it could be referred to the pulsing beat given by the rhythm. *For italian speakers: what do you think about "battuta"?*

9) About suspension points and other punctuation marks: the use of punctuation marks differs from language to language, and I've seen that in english sentences you use them... a lot! Imho there is no need to keep them in the italian translation in all the cases (just in some, for instance "rotate by..." would be with the dots also in italian, but complete sentences like "move all elements in time..." would not).

More questions to come as I move forward in the text. :-)

P.S. I'm sorry if I seem pedant, but I think this game has reached such standards that it cannot afford sloppy translations anymore, and plus playing without having to blink at grammatical errors is good for your score and your mental health. ;-)
rawrneru
1) Most likely a slider's end is offscreen.

2) Spinners are also hitobjects but they're a bit different. They are new comboes by default.

3) I believe that if different difficulties for a map have varied artist name then this happens?

4) Unicode artist is the actual typed out name for an artist. For example: Fhána is unicode.

5) But Fhana is romanized, which in the most basic term is the english alphabet is only allowed.

6) Yes, this means kiai time is too short.

7) No idea.

8) Notes is the correct term. It refers to any kind of hitobject a player can "hit"; a slider, circle or a spinner.

9) As long as the translation is understandable, then I don't personally see a problem. Unless it introduces boundary breaking or something.

Everything I answered is by personal knowledge. Feel free to correct me. (But don't make a big deal out of it if I'm wrong by a landslide.)
LtWeedster
Hey there, I didnt find the arabic language anywhere on osu, and there are alot of my arab friends wanting it in arabic language
id love to do the translations for you guys please discuss this with me if your intrested ltweedster@gmail.com
thanks alot bbye
JMC

LtWeedster wrote:

Hey there, I didnt find the arabic language anywhere on osu, and there are alot of my arab friends wanting it in arabic language
id love to do the translations for you guys please discuss this with me if your intrested ltweedster@gmail.com
thanks alot bbye
maybe you need to contact osu!dev/osu! team for this, also bump this thread
found new 3 !faq (language-specific, romaji, spaces) Indonesia now 100% completed
Nitrous
Noticed the Filipino Localization was almost done but a bit incomplete, with some help from other Filipino friends we managed to finish it. All proof-read and ready. Hope this pushes through!
LuciusPur
Hello everyone, and a happy new year to all! :D

I just tackled the Greek translation.
Fixed lots, lots, and LOTS of typos, grammar and syntax errors, changed a few English terms in it to look more appropriate, and added a few translations myself. Touched up a bit of the already filled-in Greek FAQs too.
I will continue to come back as I get more acquainted with the game platform, as well as review the whole thing in general, and will come back soon to add FAQ translations as well. Everyone's welcome to discuss about it with me too, I would really like some further insight in things like terms in universal use and second-person politeness.

Here's to a productive 2018, rock on team!
visibilis
Ukrainian FAQ localization completed for 100%
Nevy
Italian translation is now complete again. (Added the seasonal backgrounds translation)