forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Importing mp3 with same name as existing song folder problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Feerum
Problem Details:
Hello dear support team!

I noticed a problem today. Okay following:
When i did look through my beatmaps i did noticed one had a totally different .mp3 suddenly, i recognized the song because i did add it few days before into osu and nothing happend, i thought it would be a bug.

I noticed how this could happend or better said why it happend after a test:

---
The beatmap folder of the map, where the .mp3 got changed was called "audio" in the Song folder.
After that, i took a random song, renamed the .mp3 to "audio" and did drag it into osu.

Instead of creating a new beatmap, osu did just replace the audio of the already created beatmap with the beatmap folder "audio"
---

Means, when there is already a beatmap folder which has the name of the .mp3 which get dragged into osu, it just gets added into the already existing beatmap folder instead of creating a new one.

Especially for mapper which doesn't submit all their maps this can be really annoying because after submitting the beatmap folder get's automatically re-named to ["BeatmapID" "Artist"-"Title"] and before submitting the beatmap folder has the name of the .mp3 isn't it so?

I don't know if this got already reported and even when the chance is pretty low that someone adds twice a .mp3 into osu with the exact same name, i think this is a report worth.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170103cuttingedge
Dntm8kmeeatu
Hmmm, Seems interesting. I tested with importing a song called "miku" then importing another mp3 as "miku" and it just added the new .mp3 to the folder. But it still had the other one set (because it renames to audio.mp3, and that's what the .osu file calls)

Obviously you shouldn't import a song with the same .mp3 or just simply named "audio". But this behaviour is slightly interesting. I'm guessing no one ever decided to map the same mp3 at the same time (Or coincidentally, the same song or file with the same name.) But for now, avoid importing songs that have the exact same mp3 name as an existing folder.
clayton
this was fixed, following the cross-post at https://github.com/ppy/osu-stable-issues/issues/186