forum

[resolved] [invalid] can't remove my location

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Flavour
Problem Details:
I cannot remove my location, but i already unmark the radio button "share your city location with others". This option always worked without problems, but recently my location has been revealed to others.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170103.2 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
I just used !where on you, It only shows Brazil. So the option does work.
Topic Starter
Flavour

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

I just used !where on you, It only shows Brazil. So the option does work.
I want the opposite what you said...
Lyawi
You can't remove your country if it's that what you wish. This option will show your country and city to others when they're typing "!where >name<" in the chat and hide your city as soon as you're deactivated this option.

>By default, other users will only be able to see your country. Enabling this adds your city to the publicly visible location.
Kao
You can change the country you're in with a proxy or VPN like [lucky:1337]Psiphon[/lucky:1337].
But it's probably the only alternative you have

You can't hide the detected country you're in (With the IP address you're using)
Using a VPN will change or mask that IP address and therefore change the country detected.
Topic Starter
Flavour
Lately, when this this option was unmarked, my location was setted as "@Unknown". In this year, It was not possible.
And set as Unknown is all i want again -3-
Kao
It was probably due to your IP being a very unique one or one that doesn't have a location indexed to it.

I'm not too sure about it, but you won't be able to without knowing why it caused that
I could guess that Brazil or your IP from your ISP wasn't properly indexed and returned "Unknown"

Anyways, why does your country matter?
Not a lot of people mind whatever country you come from
You can still see the country flag on your profile even though it shows "Unknown."
Topic Starter
Flavour

Kao wrote:

It was probably due to your IP being a very unique one or one that doesn't have a location indexed to it.
I never use vpn, proxy or something like that to mask my location, i think this "issue" occur due a bad Management or reservation of ips on my network provider.
I believe it was by mere coincidence...

Kao wrote:

Anyways, why does your country matter?
Not a lot of people mind whatever country you come from
Precisely near users.
Kao
All of your questions have already been answered, there is no other solution for this than what was mentioned above.
Bara-
I don't get the issue. Are you complaining about the fact that the 'Nearby' filter shows people (and that they can see you)?

That setting has nothing to do with this issue...
anime__forever

Lyawi wrote:

You can't remove your country if it's that what you wish. This option will show your country and city to others when they're typing "!where >name<" in the chat and hide your city as soon as you're deactivated this option.

>By default, other users will only be able to see your country. Enabling this adds your city to the publicly visible location.
can I hide my country from the profile?
- Marco -
You can't, sorry. Also please don't write on old threads, instead write a new topic if you have any issue.