forum

[Archived] ingame and website country flag

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Obelisk
its been like 1 year since i messaged support about this issue ingame it shows me as from turkey and on website it shows me as from england, where in reality i was born and raised in england and have no relation to turkey asked them for a change got no response, im currently officially situated in cyprus which is an island located south of turkey? i guess thats why (north cyprus btw) and either make it completely british/uk or cyprus im not fine with being from turkey not like theirs anything wrong with that country its just that its incorrect and it bugs me im officially a british citizen and cypriot and i have identification cards of both if you want ill email you but please sort this out.. how hard can it be
Kao
It shows ingame based on your IP, meaning whatever country your are currently playing on, it will show up ingame.
But the flag will stay the same.

This can't be changed due to the assigned IP to you.
If you want to change the location in the game, you'll have to use a VPN like [lucky:1337]Psiphon[/lucky:1337].
Topic Starter
Obelisk
yeah but im situated in cyprus so why turkey lmao
Pachiru
I'm not sure, but you can ask support to change it. Since Happystick did it, why you couldn't do that?
Try~
Pawsu
As Kao was saying, this is not an issue related to osu!. The in-game location grabs your country based off your IP, so that means it's either...
1. Your ISP is located in Turkey, and you have an IP assigned in Turkey. Try phoning them and asking them about it.
2. You're running a VPN or proxy.

Pachiru wrote:

I'm not sure, but you can ask support to change it. Since Happystick did it, why you couldn't do that?
Try~
didn't you read the previous posts?
Pachiru

Pawsu wrote:

Pachiru wrote:

Try~
didn't you read the previous posts?
no im too lazy for that