forum

[Archived] I have a problem updating my beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cloudchaser
Problem Details: I was trying to update my beatmap and a wild error appeared. (I tried restaring my internet conexion but it only happens with this beatmap)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170101.1 (latest)
Topic Starter
Cloudchaser
I tried updating without video and it seems to work without it
Starrodkirby86
Well, that's awfully weird. I know there's a different error that should trigger, but just for curious giggles -- how much space is your video, and is your video .avi or .mp4? I think there are space limitations of 32MB for a TV-size map with video/storyboard, for one.
Topic Starter
Cloudchaser

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Well, that's awfully weird. I know there's a different error that should trigger, but just for curious giggles -- how much space is your video, and is your video .avi or .mp4? I think there are space limitations of 32MB for a TV-size map with video/storyboard, for one.

I made sure of everything before updating :<
Starrodkirby86
Yeah... That looks fine... And I take it that you also did the full upload choice as you should when adding a video, right? It could just be an inconsistent error, and if you reupload or try again, it can work? Maybe? Let's hope? x)
Topic Starter
Cloudchaser

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Yeah... That looks fine... And I take it that you also did the full upload choice as you should when adding a video, right? It could just be an inconsistent error, and if you reupload or try again, it can work? Maybe? Let's hope? x)
I've been trying restarting my modem, reuploading the mapset (with/without vid), updating other maps' videos
Starrodkirby86
Hey, I just noticed something. For the video, Windows seems to have some permission settings restricted due to it thinking it's a suspicious download. Can you click on Unblock on the video file, restart osu!, then try reuploading again?
Topic Starter
Cloudchaser
I tried that but still the same problem. A friend of mine said that the folder is partially read-only but I don't really get it... I dunno what to do
Starrodkirby86
Your friend is referring to the fact that the "Read-Only" checkbox in that folder is a square, which means a few files may be read-only. There should be no reason for an osu! beatmap folder to have read-only files, so just click on it until the box is clear, which should presumably make all your files not have that property.

Keep trying. ;w;
Topic Starter
Cloudchaser

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Your friend is referring to the fact that the "Read-Only" checkbox in that folder is a square, which means a few files may be read-only. There should be no reason for an osu! beatmap folder to have read-only files, so just click on it until the box is clear, which should presumably make all your files not have that property.

Keep trying. ;w;
For some reason I can't at all. I mean, I do but later it backs how it was
Kao
Folders by default are boxed even when no file is read only,
Select all the files inside and open properties (or press alt+enter) and make sure to uncheck "Read only"
That means this probably wouldn't solve it.

1. Try renaming the video
  2. What are the codecs of the video? You can check by opening it with VLC and open Codec Information (Ctrl + J)
Nitrous
Heya! I'm that friend who's sourcing that vid. Here's the settings I used with Audacity just to make things clearer.
Topic Starter
Cloudchaser
I still have this problem also with others of my maps (that had video uploaded before this error)