Total Posts
show more
Zonthem
Hi from my modding queue :
Hard
00:22:143(1) : too curvy i think
00:24:136(1, 2) : blanket is not perfect
00:26:129(1, 2) : ^^
00:32:108(3, 1) : since 3 has a shape made for blanket, you could blanket it with 1 (i know 1 is temporarly quite far from 3, but it could be betterwith blanket)
00:36:094(1, 2) : blanket issue there too
00:40:080(1, 2) : ^^
00:48:052(1, 2) : overlap, it also overlap with 5, so i suggest you to rotate 2 a little bit
00:54:529(2, 3) : you should stack the head of 3 on the end of 00:52:786(3) (keeping the snap between 2 and 3)
01:09:477(6, 7, 1, 2, 3, 4, 1) : this jump is rythmically weird, because for the NC, anything in the song change, but from 3, chorus begins and neither NC nor interrput in the jump. When you put the slider 1, we're still in the chorus.
I suggest you to replace 01:09:975(1, 2) by a slider and 01:10:972(1) by 3 circles
01:15:954(1, 2) : align issue
01:21:435(6, 2) : overlap
01:22:432(2, 3) : align issue
01:27:913(3, 2) : could be blanket
01:54:071(1, 5) : stack them
01:59:303(3, 2) : you tried to stack them, its good but it looks weird^^, try to curve less 2 to avoid the strange overlap
02:01:794 : there should stand a note to flow better while playing, you should reduce 02:01:296(4) and move 02:02:043(1, 2) to the missing note. there you could extend 2 to fit the music like currently
I've not modded the hole map, in fact you just need to be more vigilant over overlaps and blanket (the hardest part of mapping xD)
(and also i cant mod normal since i don't know how to^^
Well hope it helps you !
@+
Net0
New mapper mod from my queue
[General]
  1. Tags It’s always interesting to add in the tags the musical genrer of your song. Putting the album name is correct, but song genrer is always important. Usually when you check the wikipedia of the artist you can always see check that out. Here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marina_and_the_Diamonds
    You actually add then to the tags indie pop new wave
  2. About the song name and artist. Metadata it’s a important information on the game and in order to move your maps foward into the ranking system you’ll need a reliable source that gives the song name and artist properly. The best way to get those is from an official artist website; which in this case is this one:
    http://www.marinaandthediamonds.com/
    There you can see as well as here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDr7aTfBffU
    That the name of the song is Capitalized, so the song name should be “BLUE” not “Blue”
  3. Now if you go into Song Setup/Design you will see a lot of options. Mostly, if you’re not getting a storyboard in your map, you have to disable the option that says “Widescreen support”. This is a guideline that almost everyone follows and it’s mention in a lot of mods.
  4. This is what your playfield looks like in normal diff if you select all objects
    https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6413766
    And this is hard diff
    https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6413937
    A really good advice I can tell you is that whenever you’re mapping always consider using more and more of the playfield. Try to explore all of it not just the center.
  5. About the visual aspect of your map that you asked some advice. I believe a lot of modders are telling you about overlaps and blanket issues. So I’ll just an example of what you should avoid in the normal:
    00:16:164 (1,3) – this objects are in the same combo and really near in the timeline, overlapping here is a bad idea. However if objects are really far from each other you should be ok 00:29:367 (1,3) – and 00:34:101 (3,2) - like this, but objects that are close not 00:36:094 (1,3) -
  6. About your map combo structure;
    Whenever you’re mapping full version of music you need to prepare your mapping to fit into the song structure; let’s take a look at the lyrics;
    Lyrics
    BLUE
    Verse1
    We’ve broken up and now I regret it
    I said goodbye when I shouldn’t have said it
    I even cried but I never meant it
    And I don’t know why but I can’t forget it
    Pre-chorus
    Gimme love, gimme dreams, gimme a good self esteem
    Gimme good and pure, what you waiting for?
    Gimme everything, all your heart can bring
    Something good and true
    I don’t wanna feel Blue anymore (Blue)
    I don’t wanna feel blue anymore (Blue)
    Gimme, gimme…
    CHORUS
    Gimme one more night
    One last goodbye
    Let’s do it one last time
    One more time
    Verse2
    No, I don’t love you
    No, I don’t care
    I just want to be held when I’m scared
    And all I want is one night with you
    Just cause I’m selfish
    I know it’s true
    Pre-chorusGimme love, gimme dreams, gimme a good self esteem
    Something good and true
    Gimme, gimme…
    CHORUS
    Gimme one more night
    One last goodbye
    One more time
    Bridge
    I’m sick of looking after you
    I need a man to hold on to
    I’m bored of everything we do
    But I just keep coming back to you
    CHORUS
    For one more night
    One last goodbye
    One more time
    OUTRO
    Gimme love, gimme dreams
    Gimme a good self esteem
    Something good and true
    Gimme, gimme, gimme anything
    But blue, blue, blue, royal Blue
    I just wanna know who I’m looking for (Blue)
    Gimme, gimme, gimme anything but blue, blue, blue…

The song is structure by using Verses/Pre-Chorus/Chorus/Bridge/Outro
    In each of this sections you need to make some sort of consitent identity, it could be visual, but I recommend mostly that the rhythm and combos are similar in every verse/chorus. For example, let’s compare in normal how you have started both of your chorus;
    First Chorus
    01:19:940 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) – two combos of 4 following the main downbeat
    Second Chorus
    02:23:717 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4) – half a combo and another one.

You can see that the combos are different as well as the objects used to map;
    I) http://puu.sh/rWgaS.jpg
    II) http://puu.sh/rWg8m.jpg

Try to create consistency in your map and you should improve your easy-hard diffs a lot.

Sorry if this is not the mod you expected, if you need further information or a more oriented fixing mod contact me in-game. Good luck o/
Topic Starter
Juiceys

Net0 wrote:

New mapper mod from my queue
[General]
  1. Tags It’s always interesting to add in the tags the musical genrer of your song. Putting the album name is correct, but song genrer is always important. Usually when you check the wikipedia of the artist you can always see check that out. Here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marina_and_the_Diamonds
    You actually add then to the tags indie pop new wave
  2. About the song name and artist. Metadata it’s a important information on the game and in order to move your maps foward into the ranking system you’ll need a reliable source that gives the song name and artist properly. The best way to get those is from an official artist website; which in this case is this one:
    http://www.marinaandthediamonds.com/
    There you can see as well as here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDr7aTfBffU
    That the name of the song is Capitalized, so the song name should be “BLUE” not “Blue”
  3. Now if you go into Song Setup/Design you will see a lot of options. Mostly, if you’re not getting a storyboard in your map, you have to disable the option that says “Widescreen support”. This is a guideline that almost everyone follows and it’s mention in a lot of mods.
  4. This is what your playfield looks like in normal diff if you select all objects
    https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6413766
    And this is hard diff
    https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6413937
    A really good advice I can tell you is that whenever you’re mapping always consider using more and more of the playfield. Try to explore all of it not just the center.
  5. About the visual aspect of your map that you asked some advice. I believe a lot of modders are telling you about overlaps and blanket issues. So I’ll just an example of what you should avoid in the normal:
    00:16:164 (1,3) – this objects are in the same combo and really near in the timeline, overlapping here is a bad idea. However if objects are really far from each other you should be ok 00:29:367 (1,3) – and 00:34:101 (3,2) - like this, but objects that are close not 00:36:094 (1,3) -
  6. About your map combo structure;
    Whenever you’re mapping full version of music you need to prepare your mapping to fit into the song structure; let’s take a look at the lyrics;
    Lyrics
    BLUE
    Verse1
    We’ve broken up and now I regret it
    I said goodbye when I shouldn’t have said it
    I even cried but I never meant it
    And I don’t know why but I can’t forget it
    Pre-chorus
    Gimme love, gimme dreams, gimme a good self esteem
    Something good and true
    Gimme, gimme…
    CHORUS
    Gimme one more night
    One last goodbye
    One more time
    Verse2
    No, I don’t love you
    No, I don’t care
    I just want to be held when I’m scared
    And all I want is one night with you
    Just cause I’m selfish
    I know it’s true
    Pre-chorusGimme love, gimme dreams, gimme a good self esteem
    Something good and true
    Gimme, gimme…
    CHORUS
    Gimme one more night
    One last goodbye
    One more time
    Bridge
    CHORUS
    For one more night
    One last goodbye
    One more time
    OUTRO
    Gimme love, gimme dreams
    Gimme a good self esteem
    Something good and true
    Gimme, gimme, gimme anything
    But blue, blue, blue, royal Blue
    I just wanna know who I’m looking for (Blue)
    Gimme, gimme, gimme anything but blue, blue, blue…

The song is structure by using Verses/Pre-Chorus/Chorus/Bridge/Outro
    In each of this sections you need to make some sort of consitent identity, it could be visual, but I recommend mostly that the rhythm and combos are similar in every verse/chorus. For example, let’s compare in normal how you have started both of your chorus;
    First Chorus
    01:19:940 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) – two combos of 4 following the main downbeat
    Second Chorus
    02:23:717 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4) – half a combo and another one.

You can see that the combos are different as well as the objects used to map;
    I) http://puu.sh/rWgaS.jpg
    II) http://puu.sh/rWg8m.jpg

Try to create consistency in your map and you should improve your easy-hard diffs a lot.

Sorry if this is not the mod you expected, if you need further information or a more oriented fixing mod contact me in-game. Good luck o/
Thanks for the mod! I'll try to implement this when I have the time :)
Chocobo
Hi, from my queue, NM req;
Sorry a bit late;
Hard
. OD higher?
. 00:59:014 (2,3) - blanket;
. 01:09:477 (6,7,1,2,3,4) - spacing problem, and the layout can be better;
. 01:10:723 (4,1) - blanket;
. 01:17:947 (1,2) - blanket;
. 01:32:646 (4,1) - ^
. 01:53:822 (5,1) - "give me" should be map a slider, but u separate them;
. 01:56:313 (2) - NC;
. 02:24:714 (3,4) - can make a blanket;
. 02:30:693 (1,3) - clap, for consistency;
Also, I noticed that the clap in the two kiai section are quite weird, they lack consistency and repeatability, adjustment may be needed;
. 02:55:606 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - can add clap here;
. 02:58:595 - u can make a turning here to emphasize "you";
. 03:12:546 (2,3,1,2) - unclean to me;
A nice song and the map goes well too;
Still need some polishing, the placement of circles are not so good, that's where the map can improve a lot;
Good luck;
Topic Starter
Juiceys

Chocobo wrote:

Hi, from my queue, NM req;
Sorry a bit late;
Hard
. OD higher? I'll get a second opinion later
. 00:59:014 (2,3) - blanket; fixed
. 01:09:477 (6,7,1,2,3,4) - spacing problem, and the layout can be better;
. 01:10:723 (4,1) - blanket; fixed
. 01:17:947 (1,2) - blanket; fixed
. 01:32:646 (4,1) - ^ ^
. 01:53:822 (5,1) - "give me" should be map a slider, but u separate them; Not enough emphasis to justify this
. 01:56:313 (2) - NC; If more people bug me about this I'll fix it
. 02:24:714 (3,4) - can make a blanket; Fixed
. 02:30:693 (1,3) - clap, for consistency; Good idea :)
Also, I noticed that the clap in the two kiai section are quite weird, they lack consistency and repeatability, adjustment may be needed;
. 02:55:606 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - can add clap here; Unnecessary and unpleasant imo unfixed
. 02:58:595 - u can make a turning here to emphasize "you";
. 03:12:546 (2,3,1,2) - unclean to me; fixed
A nice song and the map goes well too;
Still need some polishing, the placement of circles are not so good, that's where the map can improve a lot;
Good luck;
The Ash Raichu
YO, LISTEN UP. HERE IS THE STORY... ABOUT A LITTLE GUY WHO LIVES IN THE BLUE WORLD.

Wait, that's Eiffel 65. Crap. Nevertheless, I was directed here from your queue, looking for a mod for mod.

General:

- 01:19:940 - I'd put the first Kiai section right here, since that's the start of a measure and it's where the background really starts kicking in.
- 02:23:717 - Second Kiai should start here, due to the same reasons listed above.
- 03:11:550 - I'd put a third Kiai section in right here.
- You frequently shift your new combo placement from roughly every measure to roughly every two measures to roughly every half a measure to everywhere in between. Try to keep your combo lengths consistent.
- Remove "marina," "and," "the," and "diamonds" from your tags, since they're already in the artist space.
- Remove the hitsounds from your sliderbodies.
- You've got an awful lot of audio left after the last clickable object. You may or may not want to cut that part out.

Normal:

- This difficulty has a lot of stacks in it. Stacks in an of themselves are fine, but in Normals, should be used sparingly.
- 00:24:136 (1,2) - Something about this exchange seems weird to me, but I can't put my finger on what exactly it is.
- 01:16:453 (4) - Starting here, you have a massive chain of notes strung together, and this isn't the only time this occurs in the map. It seems like you're trying to emphasize both the vocals and the background at the same time. If it were me, I'd just go with the vocals, since that's what new players are likely to latch onto.
- 01:55:815 (1,2) - This criss-cross looks odd and confusing to play. Plus, (2) doesn't seem to be mapped to any part of the song, so it's just a criss-cross for criss-cross' sake.
- 02:31:440 (4) - This slider is the only time you use a blue rhythm in the entire map, and thus seems kind of weird. I'd suggest dropping the blue and making this a normal 1/2 slider.
- 02:55:606 (1) - Starting here, the vocals line up perfectly with the beats. This is all well and good. Then we get to this slider right here - 03:05:571 (3) - and the vocals don't line up hardly at all. What's more, the vocals are doing something pretty cool there, so I'd play that up.
- 03:25:875 (1) - Seemingly random spinner is seemingly random. I think ending with a circle right here - 03:26:248 - would work better than the spinner.

Hard:

- 00:46:059 - It seems weird that there's nothing clickable through here. Or, at the very least, that there's a break here.
- 00:48:550 (2) - I'd make the end of this slider clickable, seeing as the phrase "give me dreams" is fairly strong.
- 00:57:519 (3,4) - Is there any reason these are stacked?
- 01:51:829 (1) - 1/2 sliders, in my opinion, are too short to really look good bent into S-shapes and such like this. At least when they're moving this slowly.
- 02:22:721 (1) - I'd separate this into two separate sliders with two reverses each.
- 02:27:205 (2,3) - Another weird stack.
- 02:55:606 (1) - See my notes in the Normal difficulty.

Hmm. That's all I really know how to put into words. This map could use a bit more polish, but I'm sure it'll be a great mapset.
WooWooWoo_old
Hi from #modreqs ^^
There are a few things I do not quite understand, and I decided to write about it

Hard
00:46:806 (1) - This circle does not really fit with music. Try to use the long slider instead.
00:48:550 (2) - This slider is not very good, because at its end there is a noticeable sound. Also it does not really fit with the vocals. I propose to use a new slider at 00:49:049 - Same thing ar 01:52:327 (2) -
01:16:453 (3,5) - I suggest somehow to emphasize the vocals. For example, using stack circles
01:55:317 (2,3) - If you replace them with a slider, you'll be much better to follow the vocals. I talk so much about the vocals, because you, as I understand it, focused on it, so it's extremely important for this mapset.
01:56:313 (2,3) - I don't really like these sliders, because that way you're missing the important drum sounds on white ticks. Further in the song there are similar sliders. I'm not going to specify on it, but I suggest to think twice about it. In General, the song repeats itself (For example, a similar idea about emphasize vocals at 02:20:229 - and 02:21:226 - ), so you'll be able to find these places and fix them, if you like it

Normal
00:40:080 (1,2) - I recommend to choose convenient SV and spacing and try to avoid overlapping in this difficulty, especially in these unnecessary cases
01:16:951 (1) - This slider did not fit with the music. I talked about this in Hard. Do you really think this is the best option? Try something like this ( cursor at 01:16:453 - ) So much better for me.
02:01:296 (1) - I really don't understand why you're missing downbeat. After all, if you split it up into two sliders, it will turn out much better. All in all, what I said above about Hard applicable for this difficulty, so I don't want to repeat

I think that is enough. Have a good day. Good luck~
_orange
NM from my queue, sry im a bit late, also might be a short mod

[Hard]

00:22:143 (1) - the angle of this slider should lead to the circle
01:15:207 (2,3) - spacing error here
02:31:440 (1,2,3) - clap, clap, then finish like in before
02:36:423 (1,2,3,4,5) - this part has lower DS than other parts like it

[Normal]

02:31:440 (4) - 1/4 sliders don't really work well in normal diffs imo and you didn't do it in the previous part

that's it
gl!
Aurele
hi!

Just letting you know the artist and the title should be: Marina and The Diamonds - Blue

Good luck! :)
Topic Starter
Juiceys

_orange wrote:

NM from my queue, sry im a bit late, also might be a short mod

[Hard]

00:22:143 (1) - the angle of this slider should lead to the circle
01:15:207 (2,3) - spacing error here
02:31:440 (1,2,3) - clap, clap, then finish like in before
02:36:423 (1,2,3,4,5) - this part has lower DS than other parts like it

[Normal]

02:31:440 (4) - 1/4 sliders don't really work well in normal diffs imo and you didn't do it in the previous part

that's it
gl!

Gabe wrote:

hi!

Just letting you know the artist and the title should be: Marina and The Diamonds - Blue

Good luck! :)

WooWooWoo wrote:

Hi from #modreqs ^^
There are a few things I do not quite understand, and I decided to write about it

Hard
00:46:806 (1) - This circle does not really fit with music. Try to use the long slider instead.
00:48:550 (2) - This slider is not very good, because at its end there is a noticeable sound. Also it does not really fit with the vocals. I propose to use a new slider at 00:49:049 - Same thing ar 01:52:327 (2) -
01:16:453 (3,5) - I suggest somehow to emphasize the vocals. For example, using stack circles
01:55:317 (2,3) - If you replace them with a slider, you'll be much better to follow the vocals. I talk so much about the vocals, because you, as I understand it, focused on it, so it's extremely important for this mapset.
01:56:313 (2,3) - I don't really like these sliders, because that way you're missing the important drum sounds on white ticks. Further in the song there are similar sliders. I'm not going to specify on it, but I suggest to think twice about it. In General, the song repeats itself (For example, a similar idea about emphasize vocals at 02:20:229 - and 02:21:226 - ), so you'll be able to find these places and fix them, if you like it

Normal
00:40:080 (1,2) - I recommend to choose convenient SV and spacing and try to avoid overlapping in this difficulty, especially in these unnecessary cases
01:16:951 (1) - This slider did not fit with the music. I talked about this in Hard. Do you really think this is the best option? Try something like this ( cursor at 01:16:453 - ) So much better for me.
02:01:296 (1) - I really don't understand why you're missing downbeat. After all, if you split it up into two sliders, it will turn out much better. All in all, what I said above about Hard applicable for this difficulty, so I don't want to repeat

I think that is enough. Have a good day. Good luck~
Thanks all :)
Hollow Delta
From #modreqs doing M4M.

Normal
SPOILER
http://puu.sh/sfpgY/dcd03e28b1.png Fix the snapping here please.
00:17:658 (3,4) - This diff so far seems like a mixture of ideas. Although these are technically okay, you'll really suprise nominators and professional modders by keeping the same concept throughout a map. A good way to stay in theme is to use the same degree to your curved sliders, or use 1 shape for all sliders, or make all sliders curved. Get creative!
00:20:150 (1,2) - 1 is aiming downwards, and it doesn't flow really well when the player has to shift back up to follow the slider. Although this qualifies as a kick slider, meaning you don't need any motion to move it, I still thing aesthetically it looks better if you angle 2 downwards instead of upwards.
00:41:326 (3) - 1 is not perfectly symmetrical to this. If you want to have good structure, copy notes / use tools instead of placing them. Especially if you're going for symmetry.
00:45:810 (1) - This spinner appears to quickly for a normal. I recommend starting it where my time stamp takes you.
01:19:940 - Start the Kiai here instead. It fits the song better because the chorus comes in. It doesn't seem proper to have the Kiai start as soon as the drums pic up because that's not really a change in the music, that's more of a build up. This fits better.
01:54:569 (3) - Why does this note bump inwards instead of outwards?
01:55:815 (1,2) - This plays kinda awkwardly because the overlap only makes the sudden change to vocals worse. I recommend extending 1 to where the timestamp takes you, and then moving 2 so it's not being overlapped.
03:25:875 (1) - I think it would be more creative to map this instead of using a spinner. If you want to keep the spinner retract it to where the timestamp takes you.

Hard
SPOILER
00:24:385 (2,1) - To stay in the symmetrical theme, I suggest making 3 perfectly horizontal, and placed on the vertical line.
01:58:306 (1) - Should probably fix 3 so this gets blanketed perfectly.
02:00:299 (2,3) - It creates an overlap, but whether it looks bad or not is 100% subjectionable. But besides that, I recommend keeping the same degree of the curve the same between these 2 sliders.
02:23:717 - Start Kiai here instead of earlier. Just like in Normal,
02:27:454 (3) - There isn't a fall in pitch here, so why overlap? You're better off moving this up higher forming a triangle between 2, 3, and the start of 4.
Renumi
bump for m4m??
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/466758 plz
also quite a bit of recurring issues such as blanket, overall flow and quality; needs rework as dense as it sounds, sorry for modwall and speedmod ;w;
[normal]

00:16:164 (1,2) - this could have a neater blanket
00:20:150 (1,2) - why not have the second slider be directly next to the other slider (ds would allow it so why not?)
00:28:122 (6) - nc here since white tick
00:29:367 (1) - remove nc if you did ^
00:52:536 (2,3) - these aren't parallel with each other if that was your intention. tbh just ctrl+ c - v and j the first one and arrange it with ds so that it looks better imo
00:59:014 (5,1) - blanket if that was your intention
01:04:495 (2,3) - this would look better if it was next to the slider instead of on top tbh
01:19:940 - kiai should start here
01:18:944 (5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this whole kiai is just nonstop clicking, pretty weird considering this is the lowest difficulty in the map set tbh maybe add some breaks every now and then
01:33:393 (1,2,3,4) - this rhythm feels oddly weird this sounds better imo
01:53:324 (3) - why this curve linear would look better in my opinion
02:08:022 (2) - again rhythm sounds pretty weird on this, i'd do this
02:14:001 (1,1,1) - so many nc's in such little time is a baaad idea. better to simplify and make these solid combos however you see it fit.
02:23:717 - kiai would soub better here
02:23:717 (3) - nc since strong beat
02:31:191 (3) - slider ending on a white tick sounds pretty bad, especially since there's such a strong beat there
02:59:592 (1) - from 1.0x to 0.80x what xdd
03:18:027 (2,3,1) - rhythm choice is p weeeird

that's it btw this normal is kinda barren in hitsounds, consider adding some, even if they're the basic ones atleast <-<
also hue consider cutting the mp3 since you don't use a portion of it near the end and all in all it's just wasted space for the player

[hard]

from 1* to 3* doesn't make for that good of a spread as much as i hate to say it :<
maybe make an inbetween diff or rename normal to easy and make a normal yourself or try for a gd or smth

00:16:164 (1,2) - blanket
00:17:409 (3) - i don't get why this is so curved xd
00:23:388 (3) - ctrl g for flow?
00:32:108 (3) - nc?
00:42:073 (1,2,3) - this sounds better imo
00:49:547 (4) - i'd ctrl+g at the cost of reworking some patterns
00:59:014 (2,3) - pixel blanket
01:11:719 (2,3) - blanket
01:11:968 (3) - nc
01:20:439 (3) - replace this for a slider as it sounds better
01:27:913 (3) - remove finish
01:27:913 (3) - nc here and not 01:28:411 (1) - here xd
01:53:822 (5) - nc here and not 01:54:071 (1) - here since white tick
01:57:310 (3,1) - blanket is a bit too tight on the left side
02:05:282 (1,2) - a straight slider for a curved blanket umm no xd
02:27:703 (4) - nc
03:11:550 - btw why no kiai on this i forgot to mention lol
03:19:522 (3,1,1) - multiple nc's are never good unless they follow the song REALLY well, in this case, they don't as much as i hate to say it

end

again, normal and hard are super barren in terms of hitsounds adasfdas
apply the kiai things on hard too btw
iiBehe
Here is my Mod

SignOfAge wrote:

Sorry for the long and not response, i admit im a fan of Modding, but not too much :3 I mod if i want to... im a bit Cruel at modding ;-;
Hard
1. Try making the Circle Size 3.6

00:50:045 (1) : Move this circle a little bit up
01:01:505 (3) : Move this Slider a bit too far but not that quite so far...
01:20:190 (2) : Set this as a New Combo
03:15:038 (3) : Try moving this at the top of 03:14:789 (2) and move a little bit to the West

For Real, the Map is good.. I think there's nothing to Mod in it...
Topic Starter
Juiceys

SignOfAge wrote:

Here is my Mod

SignOfAge wrote:

Sorry for the long and not response, i admit im a fan of Modding, but not too much :3 I mod if i want to... im a bit Cruel at modding ;-;
Hard
1. Try making the Circle Size 3.6 Don't think it's necessary

00:50:045 (1) : Move this circle a little bit up Fixed, improved blanket
01:01:505 (3) : Move this Slider a bit too far but not that quite so far... not necessary
01:20:190 (2) : Set this as a New Combo Don't need it
03:15:038 (3) : Try moving this at the top of 03:14:789 (2) and move a little bit to the West ^

For Real, the Map is good.. I think there's nothing to Mod in it...
Thx for the mod <3 you've been added to the modders list :D
Affirmation
Q

[Normal]
00:51:042 (6) - make 1/2 reverse slider
01:23:927 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2) - too long 1/2 term, you can reduce 1/2 term.
01:26:916 (6) - for example, this slider should be end at 01:27:414 - .
02:15:247 (1) - delete NC

[Hard]
00:43:568 (4,1) - DS
01:18:944 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - too difficult in this diff, you can make easier like making kickslider.
01:26:916 (1) - delete NC
02:16:493 (2) - looks bad overlap, avoid.
03:20:020 (1) - delete NC

Good luck
CuteFunnyCat
Hi im here from the mod que.

Normal Difficulty:
01:55:815 (1,2) - This really confused me on my first playtrough and even on the second try :D. So could you move it away from being under the slider. Because it is 1,69 star difficulty so normal players might get confused.
00:40:578 (2,3) - Bad angle from two to three and actually i think the tick is off too a little so i allways missed on that part.
00:42:571 (2,3) - The spacing seems to small and the circles are stacked you might want to try puting them this way https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6598231.

Thats it for my mod
hope i helped.
midori_wah
Inc shit modding from queue!

[Hard]
* The spacing seems too strange for this. The DS changes throughout the map does not follow the intensity of the map, so I recommend putting DS changes where the song chnages in intesity.
00:25:880 - Maybe put a circle here to match the vocals.
00:27:873 - ^
00:33:104 - ^
00:35:097 - ^ (Sad for a modder. I know.)
00:57:519 (3,4) - I think this looks better when stacked.
01:09:975 (1,2) - Is there a point to this sudden DS change, because I don't seem to get it.
01:18:944 (1,2) - These can have a clap hitsound, not that it matters too much.
01:26:916 (5) - Why does this slider end on a blue tick? The sound clearly goes to a white tick.
01:51:829 (1) - I think you should start this part with the same DS at the start, as the music is not louser, quicker, or more intense.
02:08:770 (1,2) - These overlap each other, which if often not used in Hard, but this actually looks nice. I would recommend changing the shape of the first slider to make it look something like this.
02:22:721 (1,2) - This is really not recommended, as you can't see the circle stacked under the slider very easily, You could just extend the slider by one tick and add the hitsound at the end instead.
02:29:447 (4,1) - Random DS change.
02:34:679 (3,5) - Remove the middle anchor on the second slider and shift it's direction a little bit to make it look nicer.
02:35:675 (5,1) - Random DS change.
03:11:550 - This should be kiai'ed.
From the end you can just map until the fade out, and you can just put a spinner there.

[Normal]
*This diff is a too much like an Easy diff in terms of spacing. You can make the spacing between the circles larger since this is Normal diff.
01:03:996 (1,2,3,4) - 01:03:996 (1,2,3,4) - This pattern is a little hard for beginners to read. Maybe separate the circles to make it playable for beginners.
01:08:979 (1,2,3,4) - ^
01:10:972 (1,2,3,1) - ^
01:16:453 (4,5,1) - ^
01:16:453 (4) - You can NC this.
01:16:951 (1) - Remove NC.
02:02:292 (2,3,4,5) - Patterns show up a lot.
02:06:278 (3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5) - ^
02:24:714 (4,5,6,1) - Basically just change these patterns. These take a bit of time to list here, so just look for them yourself and fix them. :p
03:11:550 - Kiai here.
03:27:619 - Same as Hard diff. Try to map to the fade.

Okay I'm done :)
Topic Starter
Juiceys

dark_assassin16 wrote:

Inc shit modding from queue!

[Hard]
* The spacing seems too strange for this. The DS changes throughout the map does not follow the intensity of the map, so I recommend putting DS changes where the song chnages in intesity. Didn't even notice those, thanks
00:25:880 - Maybe put a circle here to match the vocals. Trying to follow the music over the vocals, Unfixed
00:27:873 - ^ ^
00:33:104 - ^ ^
00:35:097 - ^ (Sad for a modder. I know.) ^
00:57:519 (3,4) - I think this looks better when stacked. I don't think it's necessary
01:09:975 (1,2) - Is there a point to this sudden DS change, because I don't seem to get it. Fixed
01:18:944 (1,2) - These can have a clap hitsound, not that it matters too much. Constant 1/4 claps are pretty obnoxiosu, unfixed
01:26:916 (5) - Why does this slider end on a blue tick? The sound clearly goes to a white tick. Didn't notice that :o thx
01:51:829 (1) - I think you should start this part with the same DS at the start, as the music is not louser, quicker, or more intense. Fixed
02:08:770 (1,2) - These overlap each other, which if often not used in Hard, but this actually looks nice. I would recommend changing the shape of the first slider to make it look something like this. Thanks for the compliment, Didn't change the slider bc I think it isn't needed
02:22:721 (1,2) - This is really not recommended, as you can't see the circle stacked under the slider very easily, You could just extend the slider by one tick and add the hitsound at the end instead. Fixed
02:29:447 (4,1) - Random DS change. ^
02:34:679 (3,5) - Remove the middle anchor on the second slider and shift it's direction a little bit to make it look nicer. ^
02:35:675 (5,1) - Random DS change.^
03:11:550 - This should be kiai'ed. Unfixed
From the end you can just map until the fade out, and you can just put a spinner there. I'll see what i can do

[Normal]
*This diff is a too much like an Easy diff in terms of spacing. You can make the spacing between the circles larger since this is Normal diff.
01:03:996 (1,2,3,4) - 01:03:996 (1,2,3,4) - This pattern is a little hard for beginners to read. Maybe separate the circles to make it playable for beginners.I don't think stacks are hard to read even for beginners
01:08:979 (1,2,3,4) - ^ ^
01:10:972 (1,2,3,1) - ^ ^
01:16:453 (4,5,1) - ^ ^
01:16:453 (4) - You can NC this. ok
01:16:951 (1) - Remove NC. ^
02:02:292 (2,3,4,5) - Patterns show up a lot. ^ as mentioned above
02:06:278 (3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5) - ^ ^
02:24:714 (4,5,6,1) - Basically just change these patterns. These take a bit of time to list here, so just look for them yourself and fix them. :p ^
03:11:550 - Kiai here. As mentioned in hard
03:27:619 - Same as Hard diff. Try to map to the fade. I'll try owo

Okay I'm done :)
Thanks for the mod!
Doj
M4M from your queue t/505480/start=90

[Hard]
00:16:164 (1,2,3) - I like the pattern you have here. So why map 00:18:157 (1,2,3) - this one?
00:18:157 (1) - I see you really like this slider shape XD. You should try to put in more shapes.
00:34:101 (1,2,3) - I also like this pattern. Maybe you should switch up some of the patterns since the beat is the same from 00:16:164 - to 00:46:059 - . Things like 00:28:122 (1,2,3,4) - and 00:34:101 (1,2,3) - are good.
00:48:550 (2) - I think you should end this slider on the red tick 00:48:799 - here. If you do that, you can add a circle 00:49:049 - here. It feels good to hit a note here along with the drum and vocal.
00:50:045 (5,1,2) - Make this into 2 sliders? I think it would play better along with the vocals if were like this 00:52:536 (2,3) - Maybe changing this pattern to the one below would work better. Again, being able to physically click a note on the vocal plays better imo
01:20:439 (2) - I think you should make this a slider since it's on a snare. The same way you have 01:21:435 (5) - and 01:22:432 (2) - .
01:53:822 (1,2,3) - Change this pattern to ..
This is the same was what i mentioned at 00:50:045 (5,1,2)

02:02:043 (1,2,3) - You should change pattern to this ..
I think it'll play better.

03:06:816 - Why have a break here? I think you should map it. At tleast up to 03:09:557 - here
03:13:294 (2) - Having slider-ends on big white ticks are not good. You should change 03:12:546 (2,3,1,2) - this whole pattern to ..
03:33:722 (3,4,5) - Change this pattern to ..

whew. ok.
  1. Make sure you don't have slider ends on big white ticks.
  2. Go back and fix up your blankets

[Normal]
00:16:164 (1,2,3,4,5) - Why don't you start 00:20:150 (1,2,3,4) - this pattern here? The notes you have aren't following any rhythm from what I can see
03:06:816 - I think you should map this break at least up to 03:09:557 - here

1. Couldn't really find much on this diff
Side Note: Why don't you have any hitsounds? I think you should add some ! :D
Topic Starter
Juiceys

Doj wrote:

M4M from your queue t/505480/start=90

[Hard]
00:16:164 (1,2,3) - I like the pattern you have here. So why map 00:18:157 (1,2,3) - this one?
00:18:157 (1) - I see you really like this slider shape XD. You should try to put in more shapes.
00:34:101 (1,2,3) - I also like this pattern. Maybe you should switch up some of the patterns since the beat is the same from 00:16:164 - to 00:46:059 - . Things like 00:28:122 (1,2,3,4) - and 00:34:101 (1,2,3) - are good.
00:48:550 (2) - I think you should end this slider on the red tick 00:48:799 - here. If you do that, you can add a circle 00:49:049 - here. It feels good to hit a note here along with the drum and vocal.
00:50:045 (5,1,2) - Make this into 2 sliders? I think it would play better along with the vocals if were like this 00:52:536 (2,3) - Maybe changing this pattern to the one below would work better. Again, being able to physically click a note on the vocal plays better imo
01:20:439 (2) - I think you should make this a slider since it's on a snare. The same way you have 01:21:435 (5) - and 01:22:432 (2) - .
01:53:822 (1,2,3) - Change this pattern to ..
This is the same was what i mentioned at 00:50:045 (5,1,2)

02:02:043 (1,2,3) - You should change pattern to this ..
I think it'll play better.

03:06:816 - Why have a break here? I think you should map it. At tleast up to 03:09:557 - here
03:13:294 (2) - Having slider-ends on big white ticks are not good. You should change 03:12:546 (2,3,1,2) - this whole pattern to ..
03:33:722 (3,4,5) - Change this pattern to ..

whew. ok.
  1. Make sure you don't have slider ends on big white ticks.
  2. Go back and fix up your blankets

[Normal]
00:16:164 (1,2,3,4,5) - Why don't you start 00:20:150 (1,2,3,4) - this pattern here? The notes you have aren't following any rhythm from what I can see
03:06:816 - I think you should map this break at least up to 03:09:557 - here

1. Couldn't really find much on this diff
Side Note: Why don't you have any hitsounds? I think you should add some ! :D
Thanks! I'll have your mod up some time this week, lets say by Wednesday :)
Shiranai
Hello!
Sugestion,

General
  1. Your both diff lack of hitsound, well you already put some clap but that rather a random placement lol and imo it still doesn't represent the music very well
  2. Your background could be optimized by using a 1366x768 or 1920x1200, it could prevent unecesarry pixelated on widescreen play
  3. Due to music, the first kiai should be start on here 01:19:940 - and the second kiai should be begin here 02:23:717 -
  4. Why no kiai on this one 03:11:550 - until 03:27:494 - ? the music itself literally same as the other two kiais
  5. You can delete marina and the diamonds on tags, its already on the artist name
Normal
  1. 01:11:470 (2,3) - Shouldn't that stacked perfectly?
  2. 01:10:972 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - Somehow the placement looks too corwded lol
  3. 01:22:930 (3) - Could be flipped ctrl+j imo to have a better flow on this one 01:22:930 (3,1) -
  4. 01:31:899 (4,1,2,3) - Try testplay that part, the overlapping not looking so good for lower diff imo, maybe you should avoid that by using a new patterning on 01:33:393 (1,2,3,4,1) -
  5. 01:55:815 (1,2,3) - Your placement too forced imo, it makes the cursor movement on that part uncomfortable. Something like this http://puu.sh/srbph/caac3b9e3a.jpg well play better
  6. 01:51:829 - until 02:23:717 - On that part you have a rather very dense rhythm by using so many 1/2 rhythm compared to both kiais (especially first kiai). I think that doesn't make sense since most people will mapped kiai part with a denser rhythm than any other part, this should be consider to fix imo
  7. 02:21:226 (3,1,2) - Again the overlapping looks bad on that one and the placement seems too forced
  8. 03:19:024 - Could be add a circle there imo, the rhythm here 03:18:775 (3,1) - somewhat odd to follow

Imo the main problem is you have a rather small distance snap on this diff, so you will tend to have some corweded patterning and unnecesarry overlapping when you map (I think I already mention some). I think you have the basic, I believe you will improve through time :p
Hard
  1. 00:52:287 (1) - Imo there is nothing to follow there, the vocal itself should be on here 00:52:536 - so consider to delete to have more consistent rhythmical with 00:54:529 (2,1,1) - ?
  2. 01:11:968 (3) - and 01:23:927 (1) - Not really sure why you decide to end that slider on weak beat while you have a strong drum on white beat here 01:12:467 -
  3. 01:28:909 (2) - and 01:30:902 (5) - Also same, if try to follow the long vocal, then the slider should be end on here 01:29:407 - instaed

Pretty solid, but I have concern with some of the extended slider usement here, it's not bad but rather questionable in term of rhythmical
Good luck! I also map a Marina's song too last year haha xD
iLaskee
Hello!

General
Nothing I can see. :P

Hard

Random Absent Notes?

What you should try:

Normal
Nothing I can see :D

That's about it for me :P Bye!
Topic Starter
Juiceys

iLaskee wrote:

Hello!

General
Nothing I can see. :P

Hard

Random Absent Notes?

What you should try:

I feel as at those points there isn't much to justify a note there, thanks for the suggestion though :)

Normal
Nothing I can see :D

That's about it for me :P Bye!
Aeo
Hi M4M <3
Normal
02:06:278 (5,1) - angle between these is a bit weird, might wanna move it to the left a bit imo
02:12:506 (2,3) - would help if you moved slider to the left too, flow is a bit weird between
02:16:493 (2,3) - circle is a bit off center here
02:31:689 (4,5) - slider makes flow a bit forced here as well
02:34:430 (2,3) - same as third?
02:28:451 (5,6,7) - ^
02:31:689 (4,5) - make the first slider a bit straighter for better flow?
03:08:560 (2,1) - not sure if you really need a break here, its only 2 secs long and hp is low enough
03:12:795 (2,3,4) - might wanna stack the two notes at the end since thats what you did in beginning?
03:37:459 (2) - a vertical could work fine here and some better flow imo
Hard
00:51:042 (3,4) - angle is bit weird
00:56:522 (1,2) - might be a little bit confusing to read for hard players, possibly increase the distance a bit more
00:59:512 (3) - make this two circles like the one before? Or vice versa
01:23:927 (1,2,3) - make the slider end lead more to the circle?
02:19:731 (1,1,2,3,4,5) - i think u can just make these all one combo
03:00:588 (2,3) - flows weird here too
03:04:574 (2,3) - ^
03:21:764 (4,5) - kinda forced here imo, might wanna make 5 opposite direction of 3
03:26:498 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - i dont think theres a need for a second combo at the end
03:42:566 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - ^

Some flow issues that might be a bit weird for newer players, good map though and good luck!
Aistre
Hello, M4M from #Modreqs

[General]
  1. The tags "Marina and the diamonds" don't need to be included in the tags because it is already in the title of the song.
  2. You could include the tags Pop, Neon Gold, Atlantic records, Marina Diamandis
    Pop is the genre of the song, Neon Gold and Atlantic records are the record labels and Marina Diamandis is the real name of the singer. These just help people search up a specific song that they've been looking for if they don't know the band or the song name etc.
  3. I think you could add another difficulty into this song, I just feel that having two difficulties in a song that's shorter than 5 minutes could have more potential to be fitting for a more range of players that can't yet play the harder difficulties.
[Normal]

This Normal has a few spacing problems, you need to re-space some of these sections with constant DS.
http://prntscr.com/dbch9t

1. 00:27:624 (3,4) - Just a little nazi Blanket suggestion
  2. 00:40:080 (4,5,6) - I don't like this little change in rhythm because this is the only time where you follow the vocals more than the backing music in the intro. You should stick to the previous rhythm.
  3. 00:48:052 - This is just a suggestion but from here I think you could maybe shorten the NCs to one measure instead of two? The song starts getting thicker with instruments and it'll just be a little emphasis to show this. Also you start using NCs after one measure halfway through the song anyway, it should be consistent.
  4. 01:03:996 (5,1) - Swap the NCs
  5. 01:34:390 (5,6) - Stacking shouldn't really be used in a Normal, especially if the notes are less than 1/1 apart. This is because it's unnecessarily hard for new players to read this type of pattern in a Normal diff.
  6. 02:00:050 (4,5,6) - Is there any way that you could make this straighter? I don't like the change in direction for the note here.
    02:04:285 (2,3,4) - ^
    02:06:777 (1) - Remove the NC
    02:07:773 (3) - NC
    02:28:949 (6,7) - Again, I don't think the stacking should be in a normal.
    03:35:466 (4,1) - Swap NCs
[Hard]

I feel like some of the patterns you use are very clustered and as a result it ruins the aesthetics of the map, try exploring the lengths of the map more instead of placing everything around the middle.

1. 01:09:975 (1,2,3,4) - I don't see why there's a change in DS here because nothing here needs to be emphasised.
  2. 02:06:278 (2,3,4) - For aesthetic reasons, you should make these sliders similar because it looks off. This could also go to some similar parts like this.
  3. 03:22:511 (6) - You're skipping an important beat here.
  4. 03:27:743 (1) - Remove the NC

Good luck :)
Mir
modmodmod
21:58 Juiceys: Just re did my Normal diff because i realized it was shit LMAO
21:58 Mir: waw
21:58 *Juiceys is listening to [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1102057 Marina and The Diamonds - Blue]
21:58 Juiceys: I looked over my normal diff
21:58 Juiceys: and i was like
21:59 Juiceys: "nope"
21:59 Juiceys: and i completeley redid it
21:59 Mir: well at least you're critical about your own work
21:59 Mir: that's good :3
21:59 Juiceys: true
21:59 Juiceys: Can you look over it for me?
21:59 Juiceys: dont mod it
22:00 Juiceys: just like look at it and tell me if its decent or not
22:00 Mir: i can mod it
22:00 Mir: after i finish up here
22:00 Juiceys: aaaa
22:00 Juiceys: you dont need to do that
22:00 Juiceys: lol
22:00 Mir: im bored
22:00 Mir: i can do it
22:01 Juiceys: Ok
22:01 Juiceys: But i cant kds since youve already modded :(
22:01 Mir: you can kds if my mod is better than before
22:01 Mir: maybe
22:01 Mir: which it probably will be considering i've gained a lot more experience since then
22:01 Juiceys: Alright
22:02 Juiceys: We shall seeeee
22:04 Juiceys: Btw if you ever have any future mapsets you want to make msg me
22:04 Juiceys: if you want a GD
22:04 Mir: We shall seeeee
22:04 Mir: link your map
22:04 Juiceys: since i want to map but i dont want to stray away from my current project
22:04 *Juiceys is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1102057 Marina and The Diamonds - Blue [Normal]]
22:05 Juiceys: Just the normal difficulty tho
22:05 Mir: 00:27:624 (3,4) - blanket maybe?
22:06 Mir: up to you
22:06 Mir: 00:30:115 (1,2) - also why aren't you using the same slider for both?
22:06 Mir: actually for a lot of this part you don't use the same slider for both of those o.o
22:06 Mir: 00:26:129 (1,2) - for example
22:07 Mir: if you just copy-paste and ctrl+shift+R you can rotate the slider and it would look better aesthetics-wise
22:08 Juiceys: On it captain
22:08 Mir: 00:32:855 (5,6,7) - 00:36:841 (5,6) - don't change the rhythm if the sounds are the same ;w;
22:08 Juiceys: a
22:08 Mir: the rhythm you had before was fine, it's repetitive yes but that can't be helped, the song is repetitive
22:09 Juiceys: :(
22:09 Juiceys: true
22:09 Juiceys: Its just boring asf but i guess ur right
22:09 Mir: i mean you chose a pretty repetitive song to map xD
22:10 Juiceys: I mean
22:10 Juiceys: dont judge me
22:10 Juiceys: xD
22:10 Mir: not judging just pointing it out~
22:10 Mir: i also mapped songs like this when i was starting mapping
22:10 Mir: cuz they were simple and i could practice rhythm and spacing and stuff
22:10 Juiceys: ye
22:10 Juiceys: Also
22:11 Juiceys: 00:16:164 (1,2,3) -
22:11 Juiceys: Does that look nice?
22:11 Mir: it's fine yeah
22:11 Juiceys: aight cool
22:11 Juiceys: i didnt know if the overlaps were wonky or what
22:11 Mir: well on normals it's kinda unavoidable
22:12 Juiceys: yeah
22:12 Mir: unless you're like me and blanket literally everything because overlaps trigger me to no end
22:12 Mir: brb
22:12 Juiceys: lmao
22:12 Juiceys: ok
22:16 Mir: ok
22:16 Mir: i got my ginger ale
22:16 Mir: (really no shortage of ginger wew holy fuck)
22:16 Mir: water too
22:16 Mir: let's mod this thing
22:17 Juiceys: ay ginger ale
22:17 Juiceys: lets go
22:17 Mir: 00:46:059 (1,2) - okay
22:17 Mir: 00:47:554 (2) - get rid of this cuz no sound
22:17 Mir: shorten 1 to the red tick 00:46:806 -
22:18 Juiceys: Aight
22:18 Mir: well
22:18 Juiceys: should I DS 00:48:052 (1) - ?
22:18 Mir: tbh
22:18 Mir: 00:45:810 (1) - could move this to the red tick before too
22:18 Mir: cuz vocals start on a red
22:19 Juiceys: aight
22:19 Mir: also keep ds consistent throughout the map
22:19 Mir: it is a normal diff after all
22:19 Juiceys: ill have the tail of it blanket with 00:44:813 (5) -
22:20 Juiceys: Yeah did you spot a part where it's different?
22:20 Mir: try this
22:20 *Mir waits for puush
22:20 Mir: https://puu.sh/stkKJ/aa6d69ae52.jpg
22:21 Juiceys: I tried this
22:21 Juiceys: https://puu.sh/stkPp/0df187339f.png
22:22 Juiceys: yay, nay?
22:22 Mir: oo
22:22 Mir: even better
22:22 Mir: :ok_hand:
22:22 Mir: let's move on
22:22 Juiceys: ALRIGHT COOL
22:22 Mir: 00:50:045 (3,4) -
22:23 Mir: :thinking:
22:23 Mir: 00:50:045 (3) - vocals 00:50:543 (4) - drums
22:23 Mir: i would recommend choose one and use that for one combo
22:24 Juiceys: Hm
22:24 Juiceys: what would u recommend
22:24 Mir: easier to follow for new players = drums
22:24 Mir: but trade off is more boring
22:24 Mir: harder to follow/tap = vocals but is more interesting
22:25 Juiceys: Hm
22:25 Juiceys: Since its normals ill just do drums
22:26 Mir: okayyy
22:26 Juiceys: https://puu.sh/stl64/bb32742123.png
22:26 Juiceys: how does that look
22:27 Mir: hmhmh
22:28 Juiceys: dammit
22:28 Mir: see
22:28 Mir: 4 is still following vocals
22:28 Juiceys: OH
22:28 Juiceys: ok
22:28 Juiceys: ill remove 5 and put 4 on a white beat
22:29 Mir: hm
22:29 Mir: yeah
22:29 Mir: that works
22:31 Mir: but you'll have to do that everywhere
22:31 Mir: when i map a part of a song i always think to myself "what is the clearest and most recognizable sound right now"
22:31 Mir: and then i map that sound
22:32 Mir: the second most recognizable sound gets second priority eg. i map it if I can and if I can't the I exclude it
22:33 Mir: also
22:33 Mir: your timing
22:33 Mir: is WAT
22:33 Juiceys: ?
22:33 Mir: are you sure it's 120.42
22:33 Juiceys: yes
22:33 Juiceys: 100%
22:33 Mir: okay
22:34 Mir: it's rare that you see decimal bpm so
22:34 Juiceys: Tried 120
22:34 Mir: just checking to be sure
22:34 Juiceys: Did not work
22:34 Juiceys: Tbh a lot of marina maps do that
22:34 Juiceys: All the ranked ones at least
22:35 Mir: well now that you know about rhythm
22:35 Mir: i'll continue on
22:36 Juiceys: aight
22:36 Mir: 01:34:888 (1) - clap on slider head and reverse tick?
22:37 Juiceys: hmmm
22:37 Juiceys: 1 sec
22:37 Juiceys: Yeah okay
22:37 Juiceys: seems good
22:37 Mir: i mean you did it for the rest of the kiai
22:37 Mir: so
22:37 Mir: :3
22:37 Juiceys: Yeah yeah
22:38 Juiceys: I feel ya
22:38 Mir: hnnng
22:38 Mir: i was trying so hard not to say this but
22:38 Juiceys: Oh boy
22:38 Mir: 02:05:282 (4) - so many sliders like this end on downbeats
22:38 Mir: usually downbeats are clickable
22:38 Mir: cuz in your head you go 1,2,3,4
22:38 Mir: and generally you click the 1
22:39 Juiceys: ya
22:39 Mir: esPECIALLY with songs that have 1/1 rhythm like this
22:39 Juiceys: Should i just go with 2 circles then?
22:39 Mir: you could
22:39 Juiceys: or a circle and a slider
22:39 Mir: 02:07:773 (1) - but
22:39 Mir: this works too
22:40 Mir: there are different ways to do it
22:41 Mir: for the second kiai
22:41 Mir: do the same claps as you did the first time
22:43 Mir: 03:13:543 (1) - nc here
22:44 Mir: OR
22:44 Mir: 03:15:536 (4) - nc here and remove the nc at 03:13:543 (4) -
22:44 Juiceys: OH
22:44 Juiceys: nah the first one works
22:44 Mir: but
22:44 Mir: hm
22:45 Mir: for the other kiai
22:45 Mir: you nc every two downbetas
22:45 Mir: betas? beats*
22:45 Mir: so do it for the last part too
22:45 Mir: 03:11:550 - also why isn't this kiai too? o.o
22:46 Mir: i mean kiai is largely subjective but it sounds like a chorus
22:47 Juiceys: Hmmm
22:47 Juiceys: at the time it seemed like an outro
22:47 Juiceys: but including you like 7 people have told me to kiai it
22:48 Mir: you don't HAVE to
22:48 Mir: but i recommend to
22:48 Mir: cuz people will complain xD
22:48 Mir: "this sounds like a kiai waah waah"
22:48 Mir: 03:27:494 - end it here
22:48 Mir: short kiai
22:49 Juiceys: ye
22:49 Mir: 03:35:466 (1,2) - ooo
22:49 Mir: you're killing me
22:49 Mir: with this blanket opportunities
22:49 Mir: these*
22:49 Mir: 03:42:442 (3) - make the last note clickable?
22:49 Juiceys: maybe
22:50 Juiceys: ok
22:50 Juiceys: NC or na?
22:50 Mir: up to you
22:50 Mir: i would
22:50 Juiceys: Ok I shall
22:51 Mir: that's about it
22:51 Mir: overall tho: BLANKETS
22:51 Mir: and might have to rework some rhythm?
22:51 Mir: some parts are okay some parts are kinda wew
22:51 Juiceys: ok
22:52 Juiceys: Thanks for the input
22:52 Juiceys: rly helped
22:52 Mir: yw yw
22:52 Juiceys: Post it on forums and ill probably kds
22:52 Mir: "probably"
22:52 Mir: >_______>
22:52 Mir: but ok
22:52 Juiceys: LMAO
22:52 Juiceys: Jk i will
22:52 Juiceys: Once again
22:52 Juiceys: thx

was better mod than last time so probably kds? up to you, feel free to deny if you don't feel it's justified
7ambda
Normal
  1. 01:34:888 (1) - The claps here seem out of place since there was none for the previous combo.
  2. 02:05:282 (4) - clap
  3. 03:25:750 (1,1) - Yeah, I think you're missing a note between here.

Hard
  1. Wouldn't it be better to use AR 7 since normal is AR 5?
  2. 01:27:913 (3) - I think you accidentally added a finish to the slidertail.
  3. 02:13:503 (4,1) - Blanket is a bit off.
  4. 02:23:219 (2) - Take off two repeats and add a note to the first tick of the new measure. The slider shouldn't really end on an active sound, especially on the beginning of the kiai.
  5. 03:41:694 (5) - The clap should only be on the repeat in order to keep consistent with the claps on the sliders before this.
  6. 03:42:442 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - The claps don't sound good since they're on blue ticks.
Alex3i2
Hello :)
Hard: 00:16:413 (2) - adjust a bit . Now looks better https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6656905

00:40:827 (2) - same 00:40:827 (2) -
00:54:529 (4,5) - ctrl + G
01:53:324 (4,2) - maybe the same? https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6656994

Normal :
00:28:122 (4) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6657047

Just opinions , i know its a trash mode at least i tried
GL with your map
Edit : Not so worth for a kudosu , so i gave you this kudosu to your map
polka

[General:]

• Uncheck widescreen support.
    Orange combo colour would compliment the buildings on the bg well.
[Normal:]

• AR 4 plays better.
    00:22:890 (5,6,1) - A tad confusing. I would move (1) further away from (5) so players can tell more easily that (6) comes next.
    00:24:136 (1) - 1/2 repeat slider should be used to catch that piano.
    [list:1337]00:32:108 (4) - ^
    00:40:080 (4) - ^
00:35:596 (3) - x260 y232?
00:36:841 (5,6) - Just use a 1/1 slider on red ticks here.
00:48:052 (1,2) - Don't like this overlap. Give things their own space, because normal players will mix up reading this.
  • 02:05:780 (1,2) - ^
    03:30:484 (4,5) - ^
    03:34:470 (3,1) -
00:52:038 (1) - After this, the beat is so strong, it's too confusing to map the vocals. Map the beat with vocal accents because as of right now, this whole section feels very odd to play.
01:24:923 (3) - x432 y180?
02:11:261 (3,1) - Blanket?
  • 03:04:574 (2,3) - ^
    03:15:536 (4,5) - ^
    03:33:473 (2,3) - ^
02:17:240 (3) - x188 y308?
02:28:949 (6,7) - x197 y341
02:38:665 (1) - Bend this on the white tick so it goes to the music.
03:09:557 - Place a note here, as it's an important beat.
End with a spinner to cover the fade out.[Afterword:]
  • Nice to see something that's not 200 bpm anime. Gl gl.
Topic Starter
Juiceys
:D
G r o g
You're mod requests! Sorry for such a late reply on it, got busy and distracted D:

Normal
  1. 00:37:090 - Sounds off but that's probably just because it's a return and not a long slider like the rest of it,
Hit sounds were, for me, in very odd places, making it sound off and such but I'm no expert at hit sounding so I'm probably not the best on giving advice on how to fix it.

Hard
[/list]
[*]02:38:665 - I wouldn't make this stream that long, I would do it short then do a repeating slider.
[/list]
Again, hit sounds were weird, parts were missing you had hit sounds for during some verses but not for others.

Note: Might even benefit from an easy difficulty.
BounceBabe
You need to start replying to mods, Juiceys.
Fragmented
Heyyy, im from my modding queue!

Mod :)
I didn't really find much im sorry >.< (you got so many mods already zzzzz) But here are just some tips to improve your map a bit more :D

Normal

- Everything is fine here!!

Hard
  1. 01:00:508 (1,2) - Make the slider distance a bit further away from each other, it looks a bit overlapped
  2. 01:02:502 (1,3) - Slider (3) overlapping slider (1) doesn't look aesthetically nice..... maybe change that? idk up to you
  3. 01:20:190 (1) - Remove the NC here
  4. 01:54:569 (3,1,2,3,4)) - The structure/flow doesn't look nice....
  5. 03:13:045 (1) - Remove NC here
  6. 03:25:003 (1) - ^
  7. 03:25:501 (2,3) - The spacing can be improved here...
Thats all! Keep up the good work!! :D
Topic Starter
Juiceys
SPOILER

CharmCaster wrote:

Heyyy, im from my modding queue!

Mod :)
I didn't really find much im sorry >.< (you got so many mods already zzzzz) But here are just some tips to improve your map a bit more :D

Normal

- Everything is fine here!!

Hard
  1. 01:00:508 (1,2) - Make the slider distance a bit further away from each other, it looks a bit overlapped
  2. 01:02:502 (1,3) - Slider (3) overlapping slider (1) doesn't look aesthetically nice..... maybe change that? idk up to you
  3. 01:20:190 (1) - Remove the NC here
  4. 01:54:569 (3,1,2,3,4)) - The structure/flow doesn't look nice....
  5. 03:13:045 (1) - Remove NC here
  6. 03:25:003 (1) - ^
  7. 03:25:501 (2,3) - The spacing can be improved here...
Thats all! Keep up the good work!! :D

PolkaMocha wrote:

[General:]

• Uncheck widescreen support.
    Orange combo colour would compliment the buildings on the bg well.
[Normal:]

• AR 4 plays better.
    00:22:890 (5,6,1) - A tad confusing. I would move (1) further away from (5) so players can tell more easily that (6) comes next.
    00:24:136 (1) - 1/2 repeat slider should be used to catch that piano.
    [list:1337]00:32:108 (4) - ^
    00:40:080 (4) - ^
00:35:596 (3) - x260 y232?
00:36:841 (5,6) - Just use a 1/1 slider on red ticks here.
00:48:052 (1,2) - Don't like this overlap. Give things their own space, because normal players will mix up reading this.
  • 02:05:780 (1,2) - ^
    03:30:484 (4,5) - ^
    03:34:470 (3,1) -
00:52:038 (1) - After this, the beat is so strong, it's too confusing to map the vocals. Map the beat with vocal accents because as of right now, this whole section feels very odd to play.
01:24:923 (3) - x432 y180?
02:11:261 (3,1) - Blanket?
  • 03:04:574 (2,3) - ^
    03:15:536 (4,5) - ^
    03:33:473 (2,3) - ^
02:17:240 (3) - x188 y308?
02:28:949 (6,7) - x197 y341
02:38:665 (1) - Bend this on the white tick so it goes to the music.
03:09:557 - Place a note here, as it's an important beat.
End with a spinner to cover the fade out.[Afterword:]
  • Nice to see something that's not 200 bpm anime. Gl gl.

TwillghtSparkle wrote:

Hello :)
Hard: 00:16:413 (2) - adjust a bit . Now looks better https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6656905

00:40:827 (2) - same 00:40:827 (2) -
00:54:529 (4,5) - ctrl + G
01:53:324 (4,2) - maybe the same? https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6656994

Normal :
00:28:122 (4) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6657047

Just opinions , i know its a trash mode at least i tried
GL with your map
Edit : Not so worth for a kudosu , so i gave you this kudosu to your map

F1r3tar wrote:

Normal
  1. 01:34:888 (1) - The claps here seem out of place since there was none for the previous combo.
  2. 02:05:282 (4) - clap
  3. 03:25:750 (1,1) - Yeah, I think you're missing a note between here.

Hard
  1. Wouldn't it be better to use AR 7 since normal is AR 5?
  2. 01:27:913 (3) - I think you accidentally added a finish to the slidertail.
  3. 02:13:503 (4,1) - Blanket is a bit off.
  4. 02:23:219 (2) - Take off two repeats and add a note to the first tick of the new measure. The slider shouldn't really end on an active sound, especially on the beginning of the kiai.
  5. 03:41:694 (5) - The clap should only be on the repeat in order to keep consistent with the claps on the sliders before this.
  6. 03:42:442 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - The claps don't sound good since they're on blue ticks.

Mir wrote:

modmodmod
21:58 Juiceys: Just re did my Normal diff because i realized it was shit LMAO
21:58 Mir: waw
21:58 *Juiceys is listening to [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1102057 Marina and The Diamonds - Blue]
21:58 Juiceys: I looked over my normal diff
21:58 Juiceys: and i was like
21:59 Juiceys: "nope"
21:59 Juiceys: and i completeley redid it
21:59 Mir: well at least you're critical about your own work
21:59 Mir: that's good :3
21:59 Juiceys: true
21:59 Juiceys: Can you look over it for me?
21:59 Juiceys: dont mod it
22:00 Juiceys: just like look at it and tell me if its decent or not
22:00 Mir: i can mod it
22:00 Mir: after i finish up here
22:00 Juiceys: aaaa
22:00 Juiceys: you dont need to do that
22:00 Juiceys: lol
22:00 Mir: im bored
22:00 Mir: i can do it
22:01 Juiceys: Ok
22:01 Juiceys: But i cant kds since youve already modded :(
22:01 Mir: you can kds if my mod is better than before
22:01 Mir: maybe
22:01 Mir: which it probably will be considering i've gained a lot more experience since then
22:01 Juiceys: Alright
22:02 Juiceys: We shall seeeee
22:04 Juiceys: Btw if you ever have any future mapsets you want to make msg me
22:04 Juiceys: if you want a GD
22:04 Mir: We shall seeeee
22:04 Mir: link your map
22:04 Juiceys: since i want to map but i dont want to stray away from my current project
22:04 *Juiceys is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1102057 Marina and The Diamonds - Blue [Normal]]
22:05 Juiceys: Just the normal difficulty tho
22:05 Mir: 00:27:624 (3,4) - blanket maybe?
22:06 Mir: up to you
22:06 Mir: 00:30:115 (1,2) - also why aren't you using the same slider for both?
22:06 Mir: actually for a lot of this part you don't use the same slider for both of those o.o
22:06 Mir: 00:26:129 (1,2) - for example
22:07 Mir: if you just copy-paste and ctrl+shift+R you can rotate the slider and it would look better aesthetics-wise
22:08 Juiceys: On it captain
22:08 Mir: 00:32:855 (5,6,7) - 00:36:841 (5,6) - don't change the rhythm if the sounds are the same ;w;
22:08 Juiceys: a
22:08 Mir: the rhythm you had before was fine, it's repetitive yes but that can't be helped, the song is repetitive
22:09 Juiceys: :(
22:09 Juiceys: true
22:09 Juiceys: Its just boring asf but i guess ur right
22:09 Mir: i mean you chose a pretty repetitive song to map xD
22:10 Juiceys: I mean
22:10 Juiceys: dont judge me
22:10 Juiceys: xD
22:10 Mir: not judging just pointing it out~
22:10 Mir: i also mapped songs like this when i was starting mapping
22:10 Mir: cuz they were simple and i could practice rhythm and spacing and stuff
22:10 Juiceys: ye
22:10 Juiceys: Also
22:11 Juiceys: 00:16:164 (1,2,3) -
22:11 Juiceys: Does that look nice?
22:11 Mir: it's fine yeah
22:11 Juiceys: aight cool
22:11 Juiceys: i didnt know if the overlaps were wonky or what
22:11 Mir: well on normals it's kinda unavoidable
22:12 Juiceys: yeah
22:12 Mir: unless you're like me and blanket literally everything because overlaps trigger me to no end
22:12 Mir: brb
22:12 Juiceys: lmao
22:12 Juiceys: ok
22:16 Mir: ok
22:16 Mir: i got my ginger ale
22:16 Mir: (really no shortage of ginger wew holy fuck)
22:16 Mir: water too
22:16 Mir: let's mod this thing
22:17 Juiceys: ay ginger ale
22:17 Juiceys: lets go
22:17 Mir: 00:46:059 (1,2) - okay
22:17 Mir: 00:47:554 (2) - get rid of this cuz no sound
22:17 Mir: shorten 1 to the red tick 00:46:806 -
22:18 Juiceys: Aight
22:18 Mir: well
22:18 Juiceys: should I DS 00:48:052 (1) - ?
22:18 Mir: tbh
22:18 Mir: 00:45:810 (1) - could move this to the red tick before too
22:18 Mir: cuz vocals start on a red
22:19 Juiceys: aight
22:19 Mir: also keep ds consistent throughout the map
22:19 Mir: it is a normal diff after all
22:19 Juiceys: ill have the tail of it blanket with 00:44:813 (5) -
22:20 Juiceys: Yeah did you spot a part where it's different?
22:20 Mir: try this
22:20 *Mir waits for puush
22:20 Mir: https://puu.sh/stkKJ/aa6d69ae52.jpg
22:21 Juiceys: I tried this
22:21 Juiceys: https://puu.sh/stkPp/0df187339f.png
22:22 Juiceys: yay, nay?
22:22 Mir: oo
22:22 Mir: even better
22:22 Mir: :ok_hand:
22:22 Mir: let's move on
22:22 Juiceys: ALRIGHT COOL
22:22 Mir: 00:50:045 (3,4) -
22:23 Mir: :thinking:
22:23 Mir: 00:50:045 (3) - vocals 00:50:543 (4) - drums
22:23 Mir: i would recommend choose one and use that for one combo
22:24 Juiceys: Hm
22:24 Juiceys: what would u recommend
22:24 Mir: easier to follow for new players = drums
22:24 Mir: but trade off is more boring
22:24 Mir: harder to follow/tap = vocals but is more interesting
22:25 Juiceys: Hm
22:25 Juiceys: Since its normals ill just do drums
22:26 Mir: okayyy
22:26 Juiceys: https://puu.sh/stl64/bb32742123.png
22:26 Juiceys: how does that look
22:27 Mir: hmhmh
22:28 Juiceys: dammit
22:28 Mir: see
22:28 Mir: 4 is still following vocals
22:28 Juiceys: OH
22:28 Juiceys: ok
22:28 Juiceys: ill remove 5 and put 4 on a white beat
22:29 Mir: hm
22:29 Mir: yeah
22:29 Mir: that works
22:31 Mir: but you'll have to do that everywhere
22:31 Mir: when i map a part of a song i always think to myself "what is the clearest and most recognizable sound right now"
22:31 Mir: and then i map that sound
22:32 Mir: the second most recognizable sound gets second priority eg. i map it if I can and if I can't the I exclude it
22:33 Mir: also
22:33 Mir: your timing
22:33 Mir: is WAT
22:33 Juiceys: ?
22:33 Mir: are you sure it's 120.42
22:33 Juiceys: yes
22:33 Juiceys: 100%
22:33 Mir: okay
22:34 Mir: it's rare that you see decimal bpm so
22:34 Juiceys: Tried 120
22:34 Mir: just checking to be sure
22:34 Juiceys: Did not work
22:34 Juiceys: Tbh a lot of marina maps do that
22:34 Juiceys: All the ranked ones at least
22:35 Mir: well now that you know about rhythm
22:35 Mir: i'll continue on
22:36 Juiceys: aight
22:36 Mir: 01:34:888 (1) - clap on slider head and reverse tick?
22:37 Juiceys: hmmm
22:37 Juiceys: 1 sec
22:37 Juiceys: Yeah okay
22:37 Juiceys: seems good
22:37 Mir: i mean you did it for the rest of the kiai
22:37 Mir: so
22:37 Mir: :3
22:37 Juiceys: Yeah yeah
22:38 Juiceys: I feel ya
22:38 Mir: hnnng
22:38 Mir: i was trying so hard not to say this but
22:38 Juiceys: Oh boy
22:38 Mir: 02:05:282 (4) - so many sliders like this end on downbeats
22:38 Mir: usually downbeats are clickable
22:38 Mir: cuz in your head you go 1,2,3,4
22:38 Mir: and generally you click the 1
22:39 Juiceys: ya
22:39 Mir: esPECIALLY with songs that have 1/1 rhythm like this
22:39 Juiceys: Should i just go with 2 circles then?
22:39 Mir: you could
22:39 Juiceys: or a circle and a slider
22:39 Mir: 02:07:773 (1) - but
22:39 Mir: this works too
22:40 Mir: there are different ways to do it
22:41 Mir: for the second kiai
22:41 Mir: do the same claps as you did the first time
22:43 Mir: 03:13:543 (1) - nc here
22:44 Mir: OR
22:44 Mir: 03:15:536 (4) - nc here and remove the nc at 03:13:543 (4) -
22:44 Juiceys: OH
22:44 Juiceys: nah the first one works
22:44 Mir: but
22:44 Mir: hm
22:45 Mir: for the other kiai
22:45 Mir: you nc every two downbetas
22:45 Mir: betas? beats*
22:45 Mir: so do it for the last part too
22:45 Mir: 03:11:550 - also why isn't this kiai too? o.o
22:46 Mir: i mean kiai is largely subjective but it sounds like a chorus
22:47 Juiceys: Hmmm
22:47 Juiceys: at the time it seemed like an outro
22:47 Juiceys: but including you like 7 people have told me to kiai it
22:48 Mir: you don't HAVE to
22:48 Mir: but i recommend to
22:48 Mir: cuz people will complain xD
22:48 Mir: "this sounds like a kiai waah waah"
22:48 Mir: 03:27:494 - end it here
22:48 Mir: short kiai
22:49 Juiceys: ye
22:49 Mir: 03:35:466 (1,2) - ooo
22:49 Mir: you're killing me
22:49 Mir: with this blanket opportunities
22:49 Mir: these*
22:49 Mir: 03:42:442 (3) - make the last note clickable?
22:49 Juiceys: maybe
22:50 Juiceys: ok
22:50 Juiceys: NC or na?
22:50 Mir: up to you
22:50 Mir: i would
22:50 Juiceys: Ok I shall
22:51 Mir: that's about it
22:51 Mir: overall tho: BLANKETS
22:51 Mir: and might have to rework some rhythm?
22:51 Mir: some parts are okay some parts are kinda wew
22:51 Juiceys: ok
22:52 Juiceys: Thanks for the input
22:52 Juiceys: rly helped
22:52 Mir: yw yw
22:52 Juiceys: Post it on forums and ill probably kds
22:52 Mir: "probably"
22:52 Mir: >_______>
22:52 Mir: but ok
22:52 Juiceys: LMAO
22:52 Juiceys: Jk i will
22:52 Juiceys: Once again
22:52 Juiceys: thx

was better mod than last time so probably kds? up to you, feel free to deny if you don't feel it's justified

Alphabet wrote:

Hello, M4M from #Modreqs

[General]
  1. The tags "Marina and the diamonds" don't need to be included in the tags because it is already in the title of the song.
  2. You could include the tags Pop, Neon Gold, Atlantic records, Marina Diamandis
    Pop is the genre of the song, Neon Gold and Atlantic records are the record labels and Marina Diamandis is the real name of the singer. These just help people search up a specific song that they've been looking for if they don't know the band or the song name etc.
  3. I think you could add another difficulty into this song, I just feel that having two difficulties in a song that's shorter than 5 minutes could have more potential to be fitting for a more range of players that can't yet play the harder difficulties.
[Normal]

This Normal has a few spacing problems, you need to re-space some of these sections with constant DS.
http://prntscr.com/dbch9t

1. 00:27:624 (3,4) - Just a little nazi Blanket suggestion
  2. 00:40:080 (4,5,6) - I don't like this little change in rhythm because this is the only time where you follow the vocals more than the backing music in the intro. You should stick to the previous rhythm.
  3. 00:48:052 - This is just a suggestion but from here I think you could maybe shorten the NCs to one measure instead of two? The song starts getting thicker with instruments and it'll just be a little emphasis to show this. Also you start using NCs after one measure halfway through the song anyway, it should be consistent.
  4. 01:03:996 (5,1) - Swap the NCs
  5. 01:34:390 (5,6) - Stacking shouldn't really be used in a Normal, especially if the notes are less than 1/1 apart. This is because it's unnecessarily hard for new players to read this type of pattern in a Normal diff.
  6. 02:00:050 (4,5,6) - Is there any way that you could make this straighter? I don't like the change in direction for the note here.
    02:04:285 (2,3,4) - ^
    02:06:777 (1) - Remove the NC
    02:07:773 (3) - NC
    02:28:949 (6,7) - Again, I don't think the stacking should be in a normal.
    03:35:466 (4,1) - Swap NCs
[Hard]

I feel like some of the patterns you use are very clustered and as a result it ruins the aesthetics of the map, try exploring the lengths of the map more instead of placing everything around the middle.

1. 01:09:975 (1,2,3,4) - I don't see why there's a change in DS here because nothing here needs to be emphasised.
  2. 02:06:278 (2,3,4) - For aesthetic reasons, you should make these sliders similar because it looks off. This could also go to some similar parts like this.
  3. 03:22:511 (6) - You're skipping an important beat here.
  4. 03:27:743 (1) - Remove the NC

Good luck :)

[ Jyris ] wrote:

Hi M4M <3
Normal
02:06:278 (5,1) - angle between these is a bit weird, might wanna move it to the left a bit imo
02:12:506 (2,3) - would help if you moved slider to the left too, flow is a bit weird between
02:16:493 (2,3) - circle is a bit off center here
02:31:689 (4,5) - slider makes flow a bit forced here as well
02:34:430 (2,3) - same as third?
02:28:451 (5,6,7) - ^
02:31:689 (4,5) - make the first slider a bit straighter for better flow?
03:08:560 (2,1) - not sure if you really need a break here, its only 2 secs long and hp is low enough
03:12:795 (2,3,4) - might wanna stack the two notes at the end since thats what you did in beginning?
03:37:459 (2) - a vertical could work fine here and some better flow imo
Hard
00:51:042 (3,4) - angle is bit weird
00:56:522 (1,2) - might be a little bit confusing to read for hard players, possibly increase the distance a bit more
00:59:512 (3) - make this two circles like the one before? Or vice versa
01:23:927 (1,2,3) - make the slider end lead more to the circle?
02:19:731 (1,1,2,3,4,5) - i think u can just make these all one combo
03:00:588 (2,3) - flows weird here too
03:04:574 (2,3) - ^
03:21:764 (4,5) - kinda forced here imo, might wanna make 5 opposite direction of 3
03:26:498 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - i dont think theres a need for a second combo at the end
03:42:566 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - ^

Some flow issues that might be a bit weird for newer players, good map though and good luck!

Mako Sakata wrote:

Hello!
Sugestion,

General
  1. Your both diff lack of hitsound, well you already put some clap but that rather a random placement lol and imo it still doesn't represent the music very well
  2. Your background could be optimized by using a 1366x768 or 1920x1200, it could prevent unecesarry pixelated on widescreen play
  3. Due to music, the first kiai should be start on here 01:19:940 - and the second kiai should be begin here 02:23:717 -
  4. Why no kiai on this one 03:11:550 - until 03:27:494 - ? the music itself literally same as the other two kiais
  5. You can delete marina and the diamonds on tags, its already on the artist name
Normal
  1. 01:11:470 (2,3) - Shouldn't that stacked perfectly?
  2. 01:10:972 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - Somehow the placement looks too corwded lol
  3. 01:22:930 (3) - Could be flipped ctrl+j imo to have a better flow on this one 01:22:930 (3,1) -
  4. 01:31:899 (4,1,2,3) - Try testplay that part, the overlapping not looking so good for lower diff imo, maybe you should avoid that by using a new patterning on 01:33:393 (1,2,3,4,1) -
  5. 01:55:815 (1,2,3) - Your placement too forced imo, it makes the cursor movement on that part uncomfortable. Something like this http://puu.sh/srbph/caac3b9e3a.jpg well play better
  6. 01:51:829 - until 02:23:717 - On that part you have a rather very dense rhythm by using so many 1/2 rhythm compared to both kiais (especially first kiai). I think that doesn't make sense since most people will mapped kiai part with a denser rhythm than any other part, this should be consider to fix imo
  7. 02:21:226 (3,1,2) - Again the overlapping looks bad on that one and the placement seems too forced
  8. 03:19:024 - Could be add a circle there imo, the rhythm here 03:18:775 (3,1) - somewhat odd to follow

Imo the main problem is you have a rather small distance snap on this diff, so you will tend to have some corweded patterning and unnecesarry overlapping when you map (I think I already mention some). I think you have the basic, I believe you will improve through time :p
Hard
  1. 00:52:287 (1) - Imo there is nothing to follow there, the vocal itself should be on here 00:52:536 - so consider to delete to have more consistent rhythmical with 00:54:529 (2,1,1) - ?
  2. 01:11:968 (3) - and 01:23:927 (1) - Not really sure why you decide to end that slider on weak beat while you have a strong drum on white beat here 01:12:467 -
  3. 01:28:909 (2) - and 01:30:902 (5) - Also same, if try to follow the long vocal, then the slider should be end on here 01:29:407 - instaed

Pretty solid, but I have concern with some of the extended slider usement here, it's not bad but rather questionable in term of rhythmical
Good luck! I also map a Marina's song too last year haha xD

Thanks all :D
BounceBabe

Weekly Lottery Queue

What I checked in your mapset
Each point from the list below will have a check mark next to it (✓/ ✕/ ✫). This will tell you whether I checked that point or not.
✓= I checked this point and everything is okay.
✕= I didn't check this point because I think it doesn't need checking.
✫= I checked this point but something needs fixing (explained in the mod)

osu!wiki Modding page
osu!wiki Ranking Criteria page
NEW: BNG Rules & Information

📖 General 📖
✓ Mapset difficulty spread (Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane)
> SR and gameplay gap between difficulties
> Difficulty settings if noticeably wrong chosen
> Difficulty level naming

✫ Map design
> Background (Does the image relate to the song?)
> Combo colours (Do they match the BG?)
> Skin (missing elements and resolution checks)
> SB (if available - osb. files, SB load, coding, epilepsy warning if flashy) or video (NSFW?)

✫ Metadata & Beatmap folder
> Resolution of images (1024x768 / 800x600 pixels for 4:3, 1920x1200 / 1366x768 / 852x480 pixels for 16:9)
> Preview point
> mp3 (length must be min 30 sec drain time, bit rate, quality)
> Hitsounds (wav. format, length min. 100ms, quality,...)
> Multiple files (osb., hitsounds, images,...)
> Source of the song (unless it's a song I can't find anything about)
> Tags

🕗 Timing 🕗
✓ KIAI time and breaks
✓ Timing changes
✓ BPM & Offset

🎧 Sound 🎧
✓ Hitsounds (Do they match the song?)
✫ Hitsound patterns
✫ Hitsound volume (Timing points)
✫ Rhythm of hit objects (Do they match the song?)

🖰 Object Gameplay 🖰
✓ Reasonable spacing and patterns, spacing inconsistencies, Jumps, Anti-Jumps, special patterns, rhythmical supported spacing and jumps
✫ Flow and transition
✓ Overmapping, SV changes
✓ Other Issues
> Interface overlaps
> Hidden objects that are hard to read due to coverage (overlaps)
> Stacking
> Unsnapped objects
> Spinner (4 beats - Easy, 2 beats - Normal)

👀 Visual Gameplay 👀
✫ Combo patterns, new combos for special cases (SV change, jumps that are hard to read)
✓ Readability of objects
✓ Blankets, symmetry
✫ Variety of patterns

Icon Legend
[]
  1. Includes a suggestion / Suggestion:
  2. I recommend that you fix this:
  3. Unrankable, so you have to fix this:
  4. Not unrankable but I strongly disagree with this:
  5. I'm not sure why you used this. Explain it to me please:
Abbreviation Legend
[]

Abbreviation Legend
Difficulty Settings:

HP bar - Health Points bar
CS - Circle Size
AR - Approach Rate
OD - Overall Difficulty
SL - Stack Leniency

SV - Slider Velocity
SM - Slider Multiplier
STR - Slider Tick Rate

DS - Distance Spacing
BSD - Beat Snap Divisor

Design:
CC - Combo Colour (e.g. CC1, CC2, CC3,...)
BG - Background

Other:
ApC - Approach Circle
CP - Combo Pattern
SR - Star Rating

General
[]

1. Disable widescreen support on Normal.
  2. More tags regarding genre would be nice. Also remove Marina as it's already in the title.
  3. I'm not sure what a love song has to do with a Medieval Carnival picture but okay.
  4. Your CCs choices don't match the BG. Pastell CCs would fit better. Mostly sky blue, petal pink, rusty orange from the walls and maybe green. Any others wouldn't match, like the purple, red or purplely blue that you currently have.
  5. You barely used hitsounds. Claps now and again isn't hitsounding and a lack of hitsound will leave this unrankable. The volume doesn't match the intensity of the song either. You also didn't adjust the volume to the sections of the song. For example, until here 00:48:052 - it's rather calm but at this point the beat kicks in and that's where the song gets more intense which means the hitsound volume should too. 30% soft sampleset hitsound is too low. 45% for the KIAI is also too low. You will have to raise the volumes and add more hitsounds in order for the hitsounds to be rankable. Regarding hitsounding, I recommend claps on every second beat which is 01:20:439 (3) - 01:21:435 - 01:22:432 - etc as these are the important beats that repesent claps. You can do that in every section of the song except the first until 00:48:052 - which is rather calm so it wouldn't fit. Don't forget some whistles too. The song has a pretty simple structure so this shouldn't be a problem.

Normal
[]

• Appearance, Flow & Transition:
  1. 00:48:052 (1,2) - 03:30:484 (3,4) - 03:34:470 (3,1) - etc That's really bad flow there due to the curve of the slider. http://puu.sh/sAPLS/58cd6f3615.jpg Something like this http://puu.sh/sAPOy/cc72480db2.jpg would make flow a lot better.
  2. Aesthetics and flow are mostly good but could be improved a bit more overall. Try to follow what I wrote in the Hard mod. Generally speaking try to avoid such placement like 01:18:944 (3,1) - 01:25:920 (4,5) - etc as I stated above. The strong curve makes transition and flow pretty bad.

Rhythm & Pattern:
  3. You wanted to map to the vocal, clearly, but you failed at that rhythmically. It's impossible to follow the vocal 100% in anything easier than Hard so you need to map to the instruments, especially drums, on this song. This rhythm for example 00:52:038 (1,2,3) - 00:56:772 (2,4) - follows nothing. Not the instruments, nor the vocals and this is extremeply hard for beginners. This mix of drums and vocals and trying to bridge vocals with random sliders that represent nothing in the music is not good.

You definitely need to remap this part 00:52:038 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - 00:52:038 (1,2,3) - If you want to represent vocals 100% http://puu.sh/sAQcl/24d345763d.jpg / http://puu.sh/sAQeD/6815a2662e.jpg to represent drums and vocals together. The latter is the kind of mix that one would expect in this difficulty level as it is easier to follow and more obvious rhythm. http://puu.sh/sAQiU/f4f02b986a.jpg for 00:52:038 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4) - is a lot better to play than the current rhythm.
  4. The rhythm of the mapping is almost all the time 2 1/1 sliders and a circle. That gets bland pretty fast. In the beginning, try to spice it up like you did here 00:24:136 (1) - You can also replace some of the first 1/1 slider of each new bar with a 1/2 and a circle like so http://puu.sh/sAPJi/d972e54ea4.jpg Makes it a lot more interesting to play.

As for the rest, the rhythm is also pretty much the same through the song but only because it's a Normal, doesn't mean it has to be boring. I recommend that you use 1/1 elements to represent the drums and ONLY map to the vocals when they are obvious like here 01:29:906 (4,5,6) - This could be transformed into vocal mapping instead of drums to make the whole thing more interesting. You're also limited by the amount of elements you should place in this level so you need to consider that as well. If I would mod this thoroughly I would probably not get done. Try to implement what I told you as best as you can.
  5. 00:52:786 (2) - Doesn't follow the instruments nor the vocals. Replace with 1/2 elements like so for example http://puu.sh/sAPTz/a4df02a2bc.jpg

Combo Pattern:
  6. As for the CP, try to follow what I wrote in the Hard mod.
Hard
[]

1. You need to work on your pattern arrangement. It's widely random and not intertwining how it should be. You use a lot of different slidershapes to create one pattern and then follow with something different that doesn't follow the previous one. This breaks the flow massively. It's even more noticeable because of the calm song. It's not fluent at all. 00:42:073 (1,2,3,4) - compared to the rest of your pattern arrangement and flow, is a hundred times better than this for example 02:07:773 (1,1,2) - 02:55:606 (1,2,3) - 3 different slider shapes that don't connect with each other at all. It's cringy and needs to be improved across the mapset. Individually they are pretty but so many different ones together in a row is not good.

00:26:129 (1,2,3,1) - for example, the first pattern is intertwining but the next one is not, it's placed completely random. http://puu.sh/sAMEv/030cea4339.jpg Follow the direction of the slider before 00:27:374 (3) - that leads to the corner. That's where 00:28:122 (1) - should be and will work a lot better flow wise too.

00:30:115 (1,2) - Placing the 1/2 slider next to the long slider that direct upward creates weird flow too. Same here 00:32:108 (3,4) - try to follow the slider direction http://puu.sh/sAMQz/b60a61ec59.jpg . You could also try to reverse 00:33:354 (4) - .

00:17:409 (3,1) - do this http://puu.sh/sAMXx/6b52f3064b.jpg instead of this http://puu.sh/sAMZI/8957ae3e05.jpg Fluency and aesthetics will benefit from this change.

00:22:143 (1,2,3) - similar. 00:22:143 (1,3) - are too clustered and should be spaced apart a bit more http://puu.sh/sAN48/f2ff9b1019.jpg Also consider that 00:23:388 (3,1) - this movement from 3 to 1 is bad to play due to flow breakage. http://puu.sh/sAN8S/c96cfa4398.jpg Consider both when fixing this.

00:53:533 (3,4) - Flow is unnatural since the 1/1 slider directs to the top and makes moving to 00:54:529 (4) - rather harsh. http://puu.sh/sAOIB/e92dfab6db.jpg would work out a lot nicer flow wise. It doesn't fit to the rest of the mapping but it will give you an idea of how the flow should work.

Arrangement like 01:53:324 (4,1,2) - also don't look very pretty. Try http://puu.sh/sANKA/7d3f7cec84.jpg

02:06:278 (2,3,4) - Aesthetics are missing here. 3 different slidershapes that don't fit each other. Consider making them the same shape.

03:04:574 (2,3) - Due to the strong curve of 2, moving to 3 is breaking the flow. http://puu.sh/sAP0f/90fadf9e10.jpg Try to adjust that with what I told you so far.

Rhythm & Pattern:
  2. You mostly mapped to vocal but also mixed instrumental mapping into it sometimes which makes following the rhythm that you mapped to rather difficult. Try to avoid this in future mapping and clearly differ the two. You can mix them of course but do it more obvious.
  3. 01:26:916 (5) - I'm surprised that you used a 1/1 here when you follow the vocals. It should be a 1/2 slider and a circle instead to match that.
  4. 02:02:043 (1,2,3) - Rhythm of pattern should be reversed to follow the vocals. http://puu.sh/sANQl/f4a758ff84.jpg Same 03:33:722 (3,4,5) -
  5. 03:26:498 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - 03:42:442 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - Stream is too long for a Hard. That's unrankable. Replace a few with a 1/4 reversed slider like you did on the other streams like 02:21:973 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,1) -
  6. 02:13:752 (1) - This 3/2 slider is literally following nothing. You started it on the new bar and beat but ended it somewhere. Either replace with 1/1 and add a circle at 02:14:500 - or replace the whole thing with 2 1/2 sliders that would actually match vocals, beats or both.
  7. ^ Same here 02:27:703 (4) - 03:22:511 (6) - you tried to follow vocal so you started it on the new bar but ended it somewhere that doesn't fit the start. End it at 02:28:202 - and add a circle at 02:28:451 -

Spacing:
  8. 01:30:902 (6,1) - Spacing is way too small here compared to normal DS from 01:30:404 (5,6) -

Combo Pattern:
  9. You need to replace your NCs. The CP is completely wrong. You mostly follow the vocals so the CPs should too. As for the rest, go with a 4 beat CP. "Combos are usually placed to either match the vocal/musical phrases or to indicate the downbeat of each measure. In special cases, combos are used in indicating any discrepancies in spacing or slider velocity." Source: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Modding You've done that pretty good at the start but then you used them wrong and started mixing and adding them randomly. Since you mapped to vocals, most slider ends fall onto the first bars (the big white ticks) which makes this harder. Follow everything below and it should be fine.
  10. 00:32:108 (3) - 00:54:529 (4) - 01:29:906 (4) - 03:21:764 (4) - 03:25:501 (6) - 03:33:722 (3) - Add NC to follow your other CP and for consistency.
  11. 01:14:958 (1) - 01:28:411 (1) - 01:32:895 (1) - 01:56:064 (1) - 02:08:770 (1) - 02:15:247 (1) - 02:20:728 (1) - 02:23:966 (1) - 02:28:700 (1) - 02:30:693 (1) - 02:31:440 (1) - 02:32:188 (1) - 02:38:665 (1) - 03:20:020 (1) - 03:26:498 (1) - 03:27:743 (1) - Remove NC for consistency
  12. 01:06:986 (1,3) - 01:10:972 (1,3) - 01:27:663 (1,3) - 01:55:068 (1,4) - 02:21:724 (5,1) - 02:26:707 (1,4) - 02:35:675 (5,1) - 03:13:792 (6,1) - 03:19:273 (1,3) - 03:29:736 (5,1) - 03:31:729 (4,1) - 03:34:968 (1,2) - 03:41:694 (5,1) - NC swap to match the first bars as the beats are more dominant so a 4 beat CP will fit better.
Overall
[]

1. I don't like the flow and pattern arrangement of your Hard at all. It's so random and it just makes me cringe :( Normal needs more rhythmical improvement, partially so does Hard. Both difficulties need their CP redone. With so many mods received so far I thought this mapset would be perfect by now but with closer observation, apparently not. Not trying to be mean but this really needs a lot more work. I also hope that you take this mod and advice to heart. I expect that you apply most of it as best as you can and most importantly, reply to my mod. Quoting mods isn't replying. I wish you good luck.
Topic Starter
Juiceys

BounceBabe wrote:

Weekly Lottery Queue

What I checked in your mapset
Each point from the list below will have a check mark next to it (✓/ ✕/ ✫). This will tell you whether I checked that point or not.
✓= I checked this point and everything is okay.
✕= I didn't check this point because I think it doesn't need checking.
✫= I checked this point but something needs fixing (explained in the mod)

osu!wiki Modding page
osu!wiki Ranking Criteria page
NEW: BNG Rules & Information

📖 General 📖
✓ Mapset difficulty spread (Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane)
> SR and gameplay gap between difficulties
> Difficulty settings if noticeably wrong chosen
> Difficulty level naming

✫ Map design
> Background (Does the image relate to the song?)
> Combo colours (Do they match the BG?)
> Skin (missing elements and resolution checks)
> SB (if available - osb. files, SB load, coding, epilepsy warning if flashy) or video (NSFW?)

✫ Metadata & Beatmap folder
> Resolution of images (1024x768 / 800x600 pixels for 4:3, 1920x1200 / 1366x768 / 852x480 pixels for 16:9)
> Preview point
> mp3 (length must be min 30 sec drain time, bit rate, quality)
> Hitsounds (wav. format, length min. 100ms, quality,...)
> Multiple files (osb., hitsounds, images,...)
> Source of the song (unless it's a song I can't find anything about)
> Tags

🕗 Timing 🕗
✓ KIAI time and breaks
✓ Timing changes
✓ BPM & Offset

🎧 Sound 🎧
✓ Hitsounds (Do they match the song?)
✫ Hitsound patterns
✫ Hitsound volume (Timing points)
✫ Rhythm of hit objects (Do they match the song?)

🖰 Object Gameplay 🖰
✓ Reasonable spacing and patterns, spacing inconsistencies, Jumps, Anti-Jumps, special patterns, rhythmical supported spacing and jumps
✫ Flow and transition
✓ Overmapping, SV changes
✓ Other Issues
> Interface overlaps
> Hidden objects that are hard to read due to coverage (overlaps)
> Stacking
> Unsnapped objects
> Spinner (4 beats - Easy, 2 beats - Normal)

👀 Visual Gameplay 👀
✫ Combo patterns, new combos for special cases (SV change, jumps that are hard to read)
✓ Readability of objects
✓ Blankets, symmetry
✫ Variety of patterns

Icon Legend
[]
  1. Includes a suggestion / Suggestion:
  2. I recommend that you fix this:
  3. Unrankable, so you have to fix this:
  4. Not unrankable but I strongly disagree with this:
  5. I'm not sure why you used this. Explain it to me please:
Abbreviation Legend
[]

Abbreviation Legend
Difficulty Settings:

HP bar - Health Points bar
CS - Circle Size
AR - Approach Rate
OD - Overall Difficulty
SL - Stack Leniency

SV - Slider Velocity
SM - Slider Multiplier
STR - Slider Tick Rate

DS - Distance Spacing
BSD - Beat Snap Divisor

Design:
CC - Combo Colour (e.g. CC1, CC2, CC3,...)
BG - Background

Other:
ApC - Approach Circle
CP - Combo Pattern
SR - Star Rating

General
[]

1. Disable widescreen support on Normal.
  2. More tags regarding genre would be nice. Also remove Marina as it's already in the title.
  3. I'm not sure what a love song has to do with a Medieval Carnival picture but okay.
  4. Your CCs choices don't match the BG. Pastell CCs would fit better. Mostly sky blue, petal pink, rusty orange from the walls and maybe green. Any others wouldn't match, like the purple, red or purplely blue that you currently have.
  5. You barely used hitsounds. Claps now and again isn't hitsounding and a lack of hitsound will leave this unrankable. The volume doesn't match the intensity of the song either. You also didn't adjust the volume to the sections of the song. For example, until here 00:48:052 - it's rather calm but at this point the beat kicks in and that's where the song gets more intense which means the hitsound volume should too. 30% soft sampleset hitsound is too low. 45% for the KIAI is also too low. You will have to raise the volumes and add more hitsounds in order for the hitsounds to be rankable. Regarding hitsounding, I recommend claps on every second beat which is 01:20:439 (3) - 01:21:435 - 01:22:432 - etc as these are the important beats that repesent claps. You can do that in every section of the song except the first until 00:48:052 - which is rather calm so it wouldn't fit. Don't forget some whistles too. The song has a pretty simple structure so this shouldn't be a problem.applied

Normal
[]

1. 00:48:052 (1,2) - 03:30:484 (3,4) - 03:34:470 (3,1) - etc That's really bad flow there due to the curve of the slider. http://puu.sh/sAPLS/58cd6f3615.jpg Something like this http://puu.sh/sAPOy/cc72480db2.jpg would make flow a lot better. Applied
  2. Aesthetics and flow are mostly good but could be improved a bit more overall. Try to follow what I wrote in the Hard mod. Generally speaking try to avoid such placement like 01:18:944 (3,1) - 01:25:920 (4,5) - etc as I stated above. The strong curve makes transition and flow pretty bad. applied in multiple spots

Rhythm & Pattern:
  3. You wanted to map to the vocal, clearly, but you failed at that rhythmically. It's impossible to follow the vocal 100% in anything easier than Hard so you need to map to the instruments, especially drums, on this song. This rhythm for example 00:52:038 (1,2,3) - 00:56:772 (2,4) - follows nothing. Not the instruments, nor the vocals and this is extremeply hard for beginners. This mix of drums and vocals and trying to bridge vocals with random sliders that represent nothing in the music is not good. made it consistent

You definitely need to remap this part 00:52:038 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - 00:52:038 (1,2,3) - If you want to represent vocals 100% http://puu.sh/sAQcl/24d345763d.jpg / http://puu.sh/sAQeD/6815a2662e.jpg to represent drums and vocals together. The latter is the kind of mix that one would expect in this difficulty level as it is easier to follow and more obvious rhythm. http://puu.sh/sAQiU/f4f02b986a.jpg for 00:52:038 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4) - is a lot better to play than the current rhythm. done
  4. The rhythm of the mapping is almost all the time 2 1/1 sliders and a circle. That gets bland pretty fast. In the beginning, try to spice it up like you did here 00:24:136 (1) - You can also replace some of the first 1/1 slider of each new bar with a 1/2 and a circle like so http://puu.sh/sAPJi/d972e54ea4.jpg Makes it a lot more interesting to play. Applied throughtout the map

As for the rest, the rhythm is also pretty much the same through the song but only because it's a Normal, doesn't mean it has to be boring. I recommend that you use 1/1 elements to represent the drums and ONLY map to the vocals when they are obvious like here 01:29:906 (4,5,6) - This could be transformed into vocal mapping instead of drums to make the whole thing more interesting. You're also limited by the amount of elements you should place in this level so you need to consider that as well. If I would mod this thoroughly I would probably not get done. Try to implement what I told you as best as you can. implimented
  5. 00:52:786 (2) - Doesn't follow the instruments nor the vocals. Replace with 1/2 elements like so for example http://puu.sh/sAPTz/a4df02a2bc.jpg alright

Combo Pattern:
  6. As for the CP, try to follow what I wrote in the Hard mod.redid all combos
Hard
[]

1. You need to work on your pattern arrangement. It's widely random and not intertwining how it should be. You use a lot of different slidershapes to create one pattern and then follow with something different that doesn't follow the previous one. This breaks the flow massively. It's even more noticeable because of the calm song. It's not fluent at all. 00:42:073 (1,2,3,4) - compared to the rest of your pattern arrangement and flow, is a hundred times better than this for example 02:07:773 (1,1,2) - 02:55:606 (1,2,3) - 3 different slider shapes that don't connect with each other at all. It's cringy and needs to be improved across the mapset. Individually they are pretty but so many different ones together in a row is not good. Idk if cringy is the word for it but okay, applied

00:26:129 (1,2,3,1) - for example, the first pattern is intertwining but the next one is not, it's placed completely random. http://puu.sh/sAMEv/030cea4339.jpg Follow the direction of the slider before 00:27:374 (3) - that leads to the corner. That's where 00:28:122 (1) - should be and will work a lot better flow wise too. applied throughout map

00:30:115 (1,2) - Placing the 1/2 slider next to the long slider that direct upward creates weird flow too. Same here 00:32:108 (3,4) - try to follow the slider direction http://puu.sh/sAMQz/b60a61ec59.jpg . You could also try to reverse 00:33:354 (4) - . ok

00:17:409 (3,1) - do this http://puu.sh/sAMXx/6b52f3064b.jpg instead of this http://puu.sh/sAMZI/8957ae3e05.jpg Fluency and aesthetics will benefit from this change. ^

00:22:143 (1,2,3) - similar. 00:22:143 (1,3) - are too clustered and should be spaced apart a bit more http://puu.sh/sAN48/f2ff9b1019.jpg Also consider that 00:23:388 (3,1) - this movement from 3 to 1 is bad to play due to flow breakage. http://puu.sh/sAN8S/c96cfa4398.jpg Consider both when fixing this.
    fixed
    00:53:533 (3,4) - Flow is unnatural since the 1/1 slider directs to the top and makes moving to 00:54:529 (4) - rather harsh. http://puu.sh/sAOIB/e92dfab6db.jpg would work out a lot nicer flow wise. It doesn't fit to the rest of the mapping but it will give you an idea of how the flow should work. applied

Arrangement like 01:53:324 (4,1,2) - also don't look very pretty. Try http://puu.sh/sANKA/7d3f7cec84.jpg I don't think it looks bad and your example doesn't make much of a difference imo

02:06:278 (2,3,4) - Aesthetics are missing here. 3 different slidershapes that don't fit each other. Consider making them the same shape. fixed

03:04:574 (2,3) - Due to the strong curve of 2, moving to 3 is breaking the flow. http://puu.sh/sAP0f/90fadf9e10.jpg Try to adjust that with what I told you so far. fixed

Rhythm & Pattern:
  2. You mostly mapped to vocal but also mixed instrumental mapping into it sometimes which makes following the rhythm that you mapped to rather difficult. Try to avoid this in future mapping and clearly differ the two. You can mix them of course but do it more obvious.
  3. 01:26:916 (5) - I'm surprised that you used a 1/1 here when you follow the vocals. It should be a 1/2 slider and a circle instead to match that. alright
  4. 02:02:043 (1,2,3) - Rhythm of pattern should be reversed to follow the vocals. http://puu.sh/sANQl/f4a758ff84.jpg Same 03:33:722 (3,4,5) - The first one is fixed but the second did not seem accurate to me
  5. 03:26:498 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - 03:42:442 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - Stream is too long for a Hard. That's unrankable. Replace a few with a 1/4 reversed slider like you did on the other streams like 02:21:973 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,1) - Applied
  6. 02:13:752 (1) - This 3/2 slider is literally following nothing. You started it on the new bar and beat but ended it somewhere. Either replace with 1/1 and add a circle at 02:14:500 - or replace the whole thing with 2 1/2 sliders that would actually match vocals, beats or both. fixed
  7. ^ Same here 02:27:703 (4) - 03:22:511 (6) - you tried to follow vocal so you started it on the new bar but ended it somewhere that doesn't fit the start. End it at 02:28:202 - and add a circle at 02:28:451 - all applied

Spacing:
  8. 01:30:902 (6,1) - Spacing is way too small here compared to normal DS from 01:30:404 (5,6) - fixed

Combo Pattern:
  9. You need to replace your NCs. The CP is completely wrong. You mostly follow the vocals so the CPs should too. As for the rest, go with a 4 beat CP. "Combos are usually placed to either match the vocal/musical phrases or to indicate the downbeat of each measure. In special cases, combos are used in indicating any discrepancies in spacing or slider velocity." Source: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Modding You've done that pretty good at the start but then you used them wrong and started mixing and adding them randomly. Since you mapped to vocals, most slider ends fall onto the first bars (the big white ticks) which makes this harder. Follow everything below and it should be fine.
  10. 00:32:108 (3) - 00:54:529 (4) - 01:29:906 (4) - 03:21:764 (4) - 03:25:501 (6) - 03:33:722 (3) - Add NC to follow your other CP and for consistency.
  11. 01:14:958 (1) - 01:28:411 (1) - 01:32:895 (1) - 01:56:064 (1) - 02:08:770 (1) - 02:15:247 (1) - 02:20:728 (1) - 02:23:966 (1) - 02:28:700 (1) - 02:30:693 (1) - 02:31:440 (1) - 02:32:188 (1) - 02:38:665 (1) - 03:20:020 (1) - 03:26:498 (1) - 03:27:743 (1) - Remove NC for consistency
  12. 01:06:986 (1,3) - 01:10:972 (1,3) - 01:27:663 (1,3) - 01:55:068 (1,4) - 02:21:724 (5,1) - 02:26:707 (1,4) - 02:35:675 (5,1) - 03:13:792 (6,1) - 03:19:273 (1,3) - 03:29:736 (5,1) - 03:31:729 (4,1) - 03:34:968 (1,2) - 03:41:694 (5,1) - NC swap to match the first bars as the beats are more dominant so a 4 beat CP will fit better. redid combos
Overall
[]

1. I don't like the flow and pattern arrangement of your Hard at all. It's so random and it just makes me cringe :( Normal needs more rhythmical improvement, partially so does Hard. Both difficulties need their CP redone. With so many mods received so far I thought this mapset would be perfect by now but with closer observation, apparently not. Not trying to be mean but this really needs a lot more work. I also hope that you take this mod and advice to heart. I expect that you apply most of it as best as you can and most importantly, reply to my mod. Quoting mods isn't replying. I wish you good luck.
Dammond
Hi! This queue's request

Sorry, but I modded Hard diff only. And only about a half of the map. I think, you'll find more mistakes by yourself right after reading this mod.

1. 00:18:157 (1,2) - linear transition from (1)slider to (2) could look much better. The best way to do it move 00:18:157 (1,3) - like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6743183
  2. 00:22:143 (1,2,3) - I would advise you to align this stuff to followpoints https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6743211
  3. 00:24:136 (1,2) - 00:26:129 (1,2) - blanket so off
  4. 00:28:122 (1) - Imo, there's no sense to make the slider's shape like this. Regular arc or sinusoid (like 00:30:115 (1) idk how to call it xD) just better here
  5. 00:29:367 (3) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6743334 this angle is better I think (to continue the direction of followpoints)
  6. 00:44:066 (1,2,3) - this looks not very good for me. First of all, stack 00:44:066 (1,3) . May be you wanna hold 1.2 DS, but it's not a big deal to have small inconsistency in some parts. Especially in Hard, especially if result gives better look. And the second - I wanna suggest you to buff 00:44:066 (1,2) shapes, into something like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6743415
  7. 01:05:989 (1,2,3,4) - 01:03:996 (4,1,2,3) - different DS, but music intensity is the same in these parts
  8. 01:09:975 (1,2,3,4) - ^
  9. Some NC problems here, they doesn't follow the music (you did NC's for the better visuals, but they should amphasize downbeats and bars' beginnings):
  10. 01:03:996 (4) - NC there, instead of 01:04:245 (1)
  11. 01:06:986 (1) - remove NC, 01:07:982 (3) - make NC
  12. 01:10:972 (1) - remove NC, 01:11:968 (3) - make NC, 01:12:965 (1) - remove NC, 01:13:961 (4) - add, 01:14:709 (1) - remove
  13. 01:17:947 (5) - add NC, 01:18:695 (1) - remove NC
  14. 01:33:892 (1) - tbh pointless spinner, doesn't fit the song aswell. Better to map this part
  15. 01:54:071 (2) - weird angle. make it 01:54:071 (2,3) - similar
  16. 01:55:068 (4,5,6,1,2) - I feel this can be arranged in more fun way. like this 01:03:996 (4,1,2,3) , or 01:14:709 (1,2,3,4,5)
  17. 01:56:313 (3) - pointless slider, that doesn't fit the song tbh. you can use slider + circle, or just circles; as you did before
  18. 03:06:567 - break after is really weird. Song is continuing with the same intensity until the 03:09:806 . better to map it
  19. ^ Same with the very end of the song, you can do stuff until 03:51:410
[Overall words]
  1. Aesthetics can be improved a lot. Stuff like this 02:56:602 (2,3) - 02:19:731 (1) - has no sense by itself, and you can use shapes, that more harmonically connected with the nearest parts
  2. Map has spacing inconsistencies. Both theoretical DS and visual. Some DS parts i already pointed out. I mean, similar parts with similar intensity should have similar DS.
  3. Speaking about visual spacing: 03:16:034 (2,3) - 03:18:027 (2,3) - 02:19:731 (1,3) - looks weird (at least for me)
[Hard]
  1. Overall the mapping style feels very old (~2012) due to random object placement, blanketing issues, and curved sliders. This can be a stylistic choice but it appears that you try to blanket some notes (for example: 01:30:404 (2,3) - 01:56:064 (2,3) - 03:16:532 (3,4) - ) but in some other places it's way off. I think placing notes with more "structure" will modernize the map. For example try using patterns that extend beyind just one measure, or try repeating certain patterns but rotating or flipping them afterwards.
  2. As a concrete example, the intro section (00:16:164 (1) - to 00:45:312 (2) - ) uses three 1 bar rhytmns repeated a certain number of times, but the rhythm and slider shapes seem to be randomly chosen from one bar to another. In the 1st 4 bars, only bar 1 uses a different rhythm, and bars 2-4 are the same. But in the second 4 bars, bar 1 - 3 are the same as before but now bar 4 is different? And then the next 4 bars are completely different? The background music is very repetitive in the intro, and I think it should be reflected in the rhythm and pattern choice. I think having the same rhythm repeat twice then switching to as new rhythm would introduce better structure, and it would also having similar slider/note placement would make it feel less "randomly" placed.
  3. 00:32:108 (3) - NC here
  4. 00:38:087 (3) - NC here
  5. 01:03:996 (4) - NC here instead if the following note
  6. 01:06:986 (1) - This NC should be at 01:07:982 (3) -
  7. 01:10:972 (1) - This NC should be at 01:11:968 (3) -
  8. Basically, the NCs should generally only appears on the big white tick
  9. 01:09:975 (1) - why does the shift from 1.2 distance spacing to 1.4 happen here? If anything it should happen a bit earlier at 01:03:996 (4) - where the pre-chorus begins
  10. 01:56:313 (3) - this long slider is weird in that it ignores several music elements and basically doesn't appear again. Try playing around with the rhythm to better match the music (for example, splitting it into 2 smaller sliders)
  11. 01:18:944 (2,3,4,5,6) - I think having 1.4 spacing for streams is a bit high for Hard. Also, your streaming dist is a bit inconsistent throughout. It's 0.6 in places like (01:27:663 (1,2,3) - , 02:15:247 (1,2,3,4,5) - , 02:31:440 (1,2,3) - , 03:19:273 (1,2,3) - ) but then it's 1.4 in places like (01:18:944 (2,3,4,5,6) - , 02:21:973 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - , 02:38:665 (1,2,3) - ) I'd recommend changing all stream dists to 0.8 as a compromise between the two
  12. Speaking of streams: 03:26:498 (3,4) - and 03:42:442 (2,3) - this pattern with the repeating sliders just kind of shows up out of nowhore in the last few seconds. I would recommend replacing them with streams for the sake of consistency
Topic Starter
Juiceys

30201102 wrote:

[Hard]
  1. Overall the mapping style feels very old (~2012) due to random object placement, blanketing issues, and curved sliders. This can be a stylistic choice but it appears that you try to blanket some notes (for example: 01:30:404 (2,3) - 01:56:064 (2,3) - 03:16:532 (3,4) - ) but in some other places it's way off. I think placing notes with more "structure" will modernize the map. For example try using patterns that extend beyind just one measure, or try repeating certain patterns but rotating or flipping them afterwards.
  2. As a concrete example, the intro section (00:16:164 (1) - to 00:45:312 (2) - ) uses three 1 bar rhytmns repeated a certain number of times, but the rhythm and slider shapes seem to be randomly chosen from one bar to another. In the 1st 4 bars, only bar 1 uses a different rhythm, and bars 2-4 are the same. But in the second 4 bars, bar 1 - 3 are the same as before but now bar 4 is different? And then the next 4 bars are completely different? The background music is very repetitive in the intro, and I think it should be reflected in the rhythm and pattern choice. I think having the same rhythm repeat twice then switching to as new rhythm would introduce better structure, and it would also having similar slider/note placement would make it feel less "randomly" placed.
  3. 00:32:108 (3) - NC here
  4. 00:38:087 (3) - NC here
  5. 01:03:996 (4) - NC here instead if the following note
  6. 01:06:986 (1) - This NC should be at 01:07:982 (3) -
  7. 01:10:972 (1) - This NC should be at 01:11:968 (3) -
  8. Basically, the NCs should generally only appears on the big white tick
  9. 01:09:975 (1) - why does the shift from 1.2 distance spacing to 1.4 happen here? If anything it should happen a bit earlier at 01:03:996 (4) - where the pre-chorus begins
  10. 01:56:313 (3) - this long slider is weird in that it ignores several music elements and basically doesn't appear again. Try playing around with the rhythm to better match the music (for example, splitting it into 2 smaller sliders)
  11. 01:18:944 (2,3,4,5,6) - I think having 1.4 spacing for streams is a bit high for Hard. Also, your streaming dist is a bit inconsistent throughout. It's 0.6 in places like (01:27:663 (1,2,3) - , 02:15:247 (1,2,3,4,5) - , 02:31:440 (1,2,3) - , 03:19:273 (1,2,3) - ) but then it's 1.4 in places like (01:18:944 (2,3,4,5,6) - , 02:21:973 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - , 02:38:665 (1,2,3) - ) I'd recommend changing all stream dists to 0.8 as a compromise between the two
  12. Speaking of streams: 03:26:498 (3,4) - and 03:42:442 (2,3) - this pattern with the repeating sliders just kind of shows up out of nowhore in the last few seconds. I would recommend replacing them with streams for the sake of consistency

Never got back to this, but I'm remapping so nothing really applies anymore! Sorry! thanks for the mod anyway <3
timemon
mod
General/Modding Assist
  1. 00:17:658 (5) - on this section, why do you use finish hitsound? there is nothing notable on the music. I would recommend you come up with another custom set with whistle/clap or something.
One More Night
  1. 00:28:869 (2,3) - I think you're undermapping this, this pattern in particular is different than others before you but map it the same. I would recommend changing the (2) slider into a 1/2 slider and add a circle on the red tick before (3) slider. Making it more dense to reflect the new sound in the music.
  2. 00:35:097 (3,4) - this is just confusing to read and this is the first time it showed up. I suggest you to change this to a 1/2 slider instead. There is nothing notable to make the red tick clickable when you were prioritizing the vocal. 00:43:568 (3,4) - this is fine though
  3. 00:47:554 - silence the spinner end
  4. 00:58:515 (2,3) - Subjective, but straight sliders with this much angle don't look good imo
  5. 01:05:740 - why are you skipping the vocal here? same for 01:13:712 -
  6. 01:35:885 - move the break here. (You can delay the break by simply dragging it on the timeline)
  7. 02:06:777 (3,4,1,2) - be careful when you use the same shape for sliders too close to each other. It can make them feel off looking. 02:06:777 (3,4) - I would suggest you add curve to these guys instead.
  8. 02:39:537 - there is a sound here, add more reverse and move the circle closer
  9. 03:27:245 (9,1) - you should spread this two away from each other as the (9) is a kick slider not 1/4 circle. Or you can just covert the slider into 2 1/4 and keep it the same. But current is just weird when you spread 1/4 sliders out like 02:22:721 (8,9) -
Normal
  1. 01:17:947 (1) - your map is getting heavily limited by the spinner restriction here. 01:19:940 - this here should be mappped. In this case simply remove the spinner and map normally as you would.
  2. 01:35:885 - same break thing from above
  3. 03:21:515 (1,2,3) - this doesn't look good, I suggest change this slider shape 03:22:511 (3) -
GL
show more