forum

[Archived] Issues with OS X/Mac Release/Build

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lacrimosa

IAMJTW wrote:

i can not find the folder "submission cache" or the installation folder. You do not know where is?
It's inside a hidden folder named "Data". Make sure to enable the respective option through your OS's settings to be able to see hidden items.
- Kibo -
Im now inside of the folder, but i found only "bt", "r" and "a" :(
Karamatsu
Is there any other way I can trespass osu! freezing? I can't complete one single map without it glitching, the freezes happen in-game and they usually last about 2 to 3 seconds. And sometimes the freezes make me fail, but around last night it was working perfectly fine until some dude shut off the wifi and messed with things to fix it now it's starting to freeze again, anyway I can stop this?
EkisupandoDongu
Mac Team, still waiting on a fix! I'm sorry for being so pestering but I really want to play Osu! it's literally my favourite game to play...none of the builds work for me and XQuartz just opens Osu!, it updates, and then disappears never to be seen again. When I restart XQuartz, it does the same thing..."updating" and then poof. Gone. Please send me an email or a message or anything, I just want to play Osu! again :(
Melli
Hi guys,
I've been playing osu! on Mac for a while now. At the begging i used the "official build" but it seemed, and was, very laggy to me. Playing in fullscreen it's possible but very strange to set and if you're able to do it you won't be able to use alt+tab (command+tab on Mac by the way). I've also noticed that the frame limiter doesn't work properly I've taken some screenshots:
As you may see even if put 120FPS limiter in the bottom left corner it gives me 240FPS, pretty buggy. And as you may see the refreshing frame rate (always bottom-left) is 17ms! No matter what you do you won't be able to get less that 17ms and the fps are freezed at 60FPS (Fullscreen or windowed). At least it should be mentioned in the bugs list of this build.

Browsing on internet i found this port I personally found very good (I'm not the developer of this port but rarely is see people talking about it).
The fullscreen mode works with no problems and the frame limiter is fixed with an acceptable refreshing frame rate:

For me this port is a way better than the official yet there's always the problem with fonts:

VeilStar wrote:

Certain fonts are missing or not rendering, causing missing icons in the main menu, and squares for asian languages, for example.
And also there's problem with updates you'll always get: this error but it takes just some minutes to fix.
Bearizm

After SO LONG, there is yet to be a native client. Can't even run osu lol....

nice update peppy Kappa
Bearizm
Last updated client was on Apr 21 2016.

Lol I understand that there aren't many mac players out there, not to brag or anything but this mac player gave u 13 ranked maps and a total of over +/- 9.7 million map playcounts in 1 year excluding GDs. My point is all players matter and I feel like mac players are completely neglected.. I can't even open the buggy client lol. redling fixes it but osx osu needs a native client.
itschives
I raged about all this crap a while ago, here is a peppy quote of what he told us in my thread

peppy wrote:
OS X is a shit operating system for games. it will never run osu! well in its current state due to the inherent latency of graphic rendering. it's also only used by around 4% of users. which means it gets around 4% of my time.

i use it daily and have no issues, for what it's worth.
KokoricoEndo

Bearizm wrote:

After SO LONG, there is yet to be a native client. Can't even run osu lol....

nice update peppy Kappa

I have the same problem, and it happened to me just today.
AGRX
don't use peppy's official builds... they are using xquartz and its performace is very bad.. instead use mine build on mac osx beta thread:
t/56460/start=1305

however... there are some issues with stability on this, means it may crash after longer use or when browsing fast in song select...
itschives
My hypothetical hat is off to you. That wine staging build is amazing. I have struggled for over a year adjusting settings and adapting to the stable fallback version. It got to the point where only 1 resolution worked, sliders were absolute cancer, and random cursor sensitivity changes while doing sliders or scraping the edge of the screen made me want to shove my mouse up my ass. With this build I literally have a 1ms cursor response in-game or less, framerate is stable, and being able to play smoothly all the way up to full retina resolution was shocking to me. Quite literally I have gotten 1 pp in like six months. Believe it or not I am the reason this mac thread was created, and I'm glad it happened, or I wouldn't have found this build. I will back you if you need mac users help to get this turned into an official build. I can finally play again :) :cry:
CR95
I have an iMac and recently download osu! I'm curious whether the iOS Taiko no tatsujin accessory (which is the taiko with the bachi) would be compatible with this application; it is recognized and paired with my bluetooth settings.
AGRX

itschives wrote:

My hypothetical hat is off to you. That wine staging build is amazing. I have struggled for over a year adjusting settings and adapting to the stable fallback version. It got to the point where only 1 resolution worked, sliders were absolute cancer, and random cursor sensitivity changes while doing sliders or scraping the edge of the screen made me want to shove my mouse up my ass. With this build I literally have a 1ms cursor response in-game or less, framerate is stable, and being able to play smoothly all the way up to full retina resolution was shocking to me. Quite literally I have gotten 1 pp in like six months. Believe it or not I am the reason this mac thread was created, and I'm glad it happened, or I wouldn't have found this build. I will back you if you need mac users help to get this turned into an official build. I can finally play again :) :cry:
is my build crashing? my macbook is 7 years old... so osu runs not so good on wine for me anyways so not sure how much difference is between stagging enabled and disabled since i didn't noticed any difference, this thing might be more helpful in 3d.
itschives
It hasn't crashed for me. I do however need to re-download it, because I was testing capability mode which will prevent you from ever opening osu! again lol don't use it. I have a 2015 13 inch macbook pro 2.9ghz-3.3ghz with turbo, 512 gb solid state HD and 16 gb of ram. The issue you had with rapidly scrolling through your song list does not show any signs of wanting to crash for me. If you make a list of in-game things to test for me I would be happy to see how they perform on my mac. I do plan on re-downloading all of my songs and moving them to your build when the game breaking issues are patched up.
boxofspice
this may have been posted here before but whenever I try to update (from both the main menu AND the osu!updater button) it gives me this error. every. single. time. https://imgur.com/a/wpgA4#m3cMu3i I have no idea why it's happening because a couple of months ago I could update it just fine. so every time there's an update I just reinstall and move all the songs and skins from the old osu.app to the new one (also watching 432 maps load in at once is funny.) some other issues I have with Osu!OSX are 1. not being able to drag and drop songs into the osu window, so I have to move them into the songs folder. 2. the cursor reappearing in fullscreen mode, causing me to choke and fail. 3. the well known the scrolling too fast through songs with the arrow keys that makes Osu! lock up.
sakebi

boxofspice wrote:

this may have been posted here before but whenever I try to update (from both the main menu AND the osu!updater button) it gives me this error. every. single. time. https://imgur.com/a/wpgA4#m3cMu3i I have no idea why it's happening because a couple of months ago I could update it just fine. so every time there's an update I just reinstall and move all the songs and skins from the old osu.app to the new one (also watching 432 maps load in at once is funny.) some other issues I have with Osu!OSX are 1. not being able to drag and drop songs into the osu window, so I have to move them into the songs folder. 2. the cursor reappearing in fullscreen mode, causing me to choke and fail. 3. the well known the scrolling too fast through songs with the arrow keys that makes Osu! lock up.
are you using the new build or the previous build (the one that locks to stable fallback)?
-Nyaako
i am having problems with updating my osu!. Whenever i press the update button it quits the osu app and never opens back up. If i try to quit the app and reopen it, it says that I still haven't updated it. Also some of the following are frequent problems I get while playing everyday; 1. my mouse cursor keeps on appearing while I play on fullscreen mode. 2. Also when i use the arrow keys to scroll for songs, when ever I press them like 20 times, the game freezes and i have to reopen it. 3. For some random reason osu decides on its own to crash, with no known or given reason.Please get the time to read this and fix this as fast as possible. Thank you Very Much!
Hellscythe97
;) [spoiler]
[
youtube][/youtube]
[/spoiler][/list][/color]
Dntm8kmeeatu

Hellscythe97 wrote:

;) [spoiler]
[
youtube][/youtube]
[/spoiler][/spoiler][/color][/color]

If you could not just post nonsense that would be great.
PABCGL
http://imgur.com/AQT7ygx Help im using the lastest mac sierra and when i open osu this pops out
Junette
When i left click with my mouse, my cursor goes very weird and does like "jumps" all over the screen.
Fortunately, i play with the keyboard but does anybody has an idea to help me pls ? :(
boxofspice

repladux wrote:

boxofspice wrote:

are you using the new build or the previous build (the one that locks to stable fallback)?
I'm using the one that was released on April 21 2016. Sorry it took me so long to respond.
Kao

Junette wrote:

When i left click with my mouse, my cursor goes very weird and does like "jumps" all over the screen.
Fortunately, i play with the keyboard but does anybody has an idea to help me pls ? :(
Were you using a tablet? Try enabling "raw input"
Mnkzi

EkisupandoDongu wrote:

Mac Team, still waiting on a fix! I'm sorry for being so pestering but I really want to play Osu! it's literally my favourite game to play...none of the builds work for me and XQuartz just opens Osu!, it updates, and then disappears never to be seen again. When I restart XQuartz, it does the same thing..."updating" and then poof. Gone. Please send me an email or a message or anything, I just want to play Osu! again :(

If you found a fix please help me out :)
PPolar_old
Hey
Sorry about the issue you guys have and i hope it gets fixed :D
Junette

Kao wrote:

Junette wrote:

Were you using a tablet? Try enabling "raw input"
Nope but anyway, this game does not fit with OS X obviously. It's a shame that such a big game can't get its proper OS X version without any bugs.
Every time I try to update the game, it says "Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application" so I have to uninstall, reinstall, etc...
Jyn
You can't use keyboard commands on osu! when using mac, e.g. ctrl+v, ctrl+o for in-game options.
Kao

Jyn wrote:

You can't use keyboard commands on osu! when using mac, e.g. ctrl+v, ctrl+o for in-game options.
Isn't it Command + O or Command + Ctrl + O?
Junette

Jyn wrote:

You can use cmd+o or fn+o
Jyn

Junette wrote:

Jyn wrote:

You can use cmd+o or fn+o

fn+o, command+0, command+ctrl+o, don't work for me.
Junette

Jyn wrote:

fn+o, command+0, command+ctrl+o, don't work for me.
You have to clic on "o" to change, and not "fn + o" because they will just set "fn" as keyboard command.
So it's "fn" + "clic to change" + "o", I guess, something like that
Jyn

Junette wrote:

You have to clic on "o" to change, and not "fn + o" because they will just set "fn" as keyboard command.
So it's "fn" + "clic to change" + "o", I guess, something like that
I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're asking me to do.
Elzapatoverde
Hey I'm having frame drops every 30 seconds (yes I used a stopwatch) and it makes it impossible to play :c
EDIT: It will fix if I sign out, but whats the point on that :c
Twist-X
A question. The new OSX sierra. Does osu mac version support it or should I still wait for further development?
Karamatsu
*sigh* I'll start off with this part. One, I hate this os x mac release build. It freezes, makes me miss hit circles, not to mention I had to restart my mac several different times. And I've only been able to play normal/easy maps the past few months since my laptop can't handle the fast gameplay...I mean, it was working fine way before but now its just crappy on me. Whats up with that? I've been playing this game for almost a year now, I've had several performance issues and I can't download skins & maps online anymore. Its just a huge pile of crap. This release honestly makes me want to punch a goddamn hole through my laptop...
Xpo
Yeah my cursor just jumps randomly at least twice a song, kind crappy I've tried everything :(
Jyn
For some reason, I can't update osu! while using mac, I've been stuck on fallback for a while now. It might be that osu! is detecting my computer can't run the latest build and is coming back to Fallback, as Kao said.

The updater runs, and at the very end it says "your osu is up-to-date", however it stays at Fallback. Help would be greatly appreciated!
Kao

Jyn wrote:

For some reason, I can't update osu! while using mac, I've been stuck on fallback for a while now. It might be that osu! is detecting my computer can't run the latest build and is coming back to Fallback, as Kao said.

The updater runs, and at the very end it says "your osu is up-to-date", however it stays at Fallback. Help would be greatly appreciated!
That would be correct, it is detecting it can't run the latest if you have already seen "your osu! Is up to date" message, but you're still in fallback.
Try running the game in compatibility mode
Method 1: Launch Repair Dialog
  1. Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard.
  2. While holding Shift, double click the osu! icon on your desktop.
  3. Continue holding Shift until you see the recovery dialog prompt.
  4. From there, under Renderer, check "Compatibility mode"
*This will only appear when the selected stream is Stable(Latest)
Jyn

Kao wrote:

That would be correct, it is detecting it can't run the latest if you have already seen "your osu! Is up to date" message, but you're still in fallback.
Try running the game in compatibility mode
Method 1: Launch Repair Dialog
  1. Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard.
  2. While holding Shift, double click the osu! icon on your desktop.
  3. Continue holding Shift until you see the recovery dialog prompt.
  4. From there, under Renderer, check "Compatibility mode"
*This will only appear when the selected stream is Stable(Latest)
My release stream won't update either, so the repair dialog doesn't launch.
meowing

Jyn wrote:

The stable release of October last year is stuck on Stable (Fallback), It is intentional though.
show more