forum

Help: SB-lines disappear when updating

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bonsai
Hello there guys, I hope this is the right place to post this~

I am working on the SB for this map, what I did is I made the video fade out at a certain point and fade back in later, smoothing out those transitions with a white screen in-between. I tried doing it in the .osu as well as in the .osb, both cause the same reaction. Here's what my code in the .osu should look like. The problem is, the lines that I highlighted get deleted whenever I hit the "Update Beatmap!"-button, whenever I export the mapset, or whenever I try to create a new diff based on the existing one and hit the "OK"-button. It doesn't happen when closing the client and starting it again though.

Some extra facts:
  1. Initially, my code was like this and when submitting it changed to this - The interesting thing is that it changed the video-offset too, to the spot where I had the first SB-line happen. That's why I added some more lines there and now it only deletes those lines without changing anything else.
  2. This old code is still used in the [Hard-rhythms]-diff, and that diff always stays intact when updating! But, when I try to create a new diff from this intact one, as soon as I hit the "OK"-button it deletes those lines and changes the video-offset again. not anymore lol rip
  3. I tried exporting the mapset, renaming it to .zip and changing everything there, deleting the set and the submission cache and importing it again, didn't matter.
:shock: :cry:
CSLM
the hard diff lines say intact when you update but the another ones don't?
Topic Starter
Bonsai

CSLM wrote:

the hard diff lines say intact when you update but the another ones don't?
Until now that was the case, yup
I've now tried switching to Stable(Fallback) as I was on Cutting Edge previously, and I also tried putting the SBing into the .osb, it's still deleting those lines, and appearently for the Hard-diff too now ;_;
Also, it deletes the lines whenever I export the set as .osz too
Topic Starter
Bonsai
According to Damnae, osu! simply doesn't save commands for videos, so I guess the one diff that always stayed intact was actually the bugged one LOL
The solution to avoid that was triggering the BG on top of the video, instead of the other way around ^^
So yeah, this can be locked or deleted or whatever~
Bara-
Aren't the only files supported by storyboards .png/.jpeg?
Gif and video files are not (or am I missing something?)
CSLM

Bara- wrote:

Aren't the only files supported by storyboards .png/.jpeg?
Gif and video files are not (or am I missing something?)
but Bonsai's not talking about storyboarding, it's talking about the video o3o
@Bonsai: that could be a better solution to your problem :3
Topic Starter
Bonsai

CSLM wrote:

@Bonsai: that could be a better solution to your problem :3
fun fact: not entirely ;_; If someone disables or doesn't download the video, but has SB enabled, they'll just see a black screen for half of the map LOL
And there's no way to work around that bc the video will always be layered below any sprite, and I can't even insert a "If you're playing without video, please disable SB too!"-message bc that would be shown when playing with video too >.> And not everybody reads the mapping-description so only putting it there would be kinda bad too..
I'll just have to find someone who can edit the video in a way that makes the SB superfluous, should've done that right away xd